Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters' Trust Meeting *4th August 7.00pm* - What are YOU going to do?

It's been mentioned before that one way forward is to form a legal entity known as a Supporters' Trust.

It will not be a quick or easy solution to all the Club's problems but it might be give the fans more influence and control. The aims of the Trusts are to place fans closer to the heart of the club and decision making.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/page.asp?p=2074

I had a meeting with one of the Supporter Direct reps a few years back and I've spoken to them again

If there is a real ground swell of interest and support then I'll ring them and set up an initial, open, meeting where people can speak to the rep from the Supporters' Trust and see if you want to take it further.

I think it is something that could and should involve the fans' forum and I hope they would like to come along to the initial meeting to find out more.

I'm sure Rock Spectacle will give us a room at the Con Club for free, won't you Ian : - ).

BUT I'm not going to take the lead on this. I don't think I'm the right person anyway and rightly or wrongly me fronting a Trust would be seen as a negative by some people.

If people want it to happen some of you are going to have to step forward.

So if you are interested can you whisper me or email/text if you have the details.

Can you also suggest when you would like your meeting to take place.

Comments

• Options
    I am interested 100%
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I am interested 100%

Sorry 100% interested doesn't count : - )

Would you come to a meeting, would you be prepared to get involved?
  • Options
    I will as mentioned to help out on admin side of stuff.
  • Options
    Whats the pay package ?
  • Options
    I would do what little I can to help, even if it only means moaning more.

Seriously I am in.
  • Options
    It needs people of talent, charisma and ability with good communications skills so that rules me out of any major role!

However I would certainly pay my money and join if one was formed and, subject to family and work commitments, help on an ad hoc basis if it was felt I could be of any use.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It needs people of talent, charisma and ability with good communications skills so that rules me out of any major role!

However I would certainly pay my money and join if one was formed and, subject to family and work commitments, help on an ad hoc basis if it was felt I could be of any use.

Thanks but I think you are wrong. Not about you having no talent, charisma or ability. I've met you and that is true :- ) but what's needed IMHO is people willing to take on the less glamorous but much harder pieces of work like admin, finance, recruitment etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It needs people of talent, charisma and ability with good communications skills so that rules me out of any major role!

I also have little talent but would be up for any pre match meetings if they were held in a drinking establishment
  • Options
    Something I would love to get involved in and feel is probably a good step for the fans to take.

However I have a (hopefully) radical change in career coming as well as plenty of voluntary stuff to deal with already so would not be able to help out, but the best of luck to those who do try to get it off the ground.
  • Options
    What could it potentially achieve? Ownership of the valley freehold perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs i dont think it would be before a game, too much to discuss in a rowdy pub.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cfgs i dont think it would be before a game, too much to discuss in a rowdy pub.

well I am out then ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]What could it potentially achieve? Ownership of the valley freehold perhaps?

Perhaps. That's down to the Trust members to decide but unless you come to the meeting there will be no trust.
  • Options
    I'm in.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes,two of us in, ready, willing but with questionable levels of ability.
  • Options
    So when/where shall we meet ?

A pub close to the Valley would be fairest and as some people here are connected to the Con club they may be able to allocate us some space.
  • Options
    I'm up for it.....
    just let me know when & where.............
  • Options
    I think the meetings should take place in Bromley!

At the moment I'm snowed under at work but would be interested in a minor/small role.
  • Options
    I'd have to look a lot more closely into trusts and what they are all about first to offer a yes or no, but i could probably arrange the use of a hall Bexley way if that was any help ?
  • Options
    If you need an events manager for things, let me know.

Otherwise time is painfully short
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be pleased to be of any help.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd have to look a lot more closely into trusts and what they are all about first to offer a yes or no, but i could probably arrange the use of a hall Bexley way if that was any help ?

Have a look at the link above.

Initial meeting with rep from supporters' direct would be to find out more about how they operate etc etc.
  • Options
    I just think that a venue close to the Valley is fairest on everyone as places in Kent aren’t easy to get to for those in London and vice versa.

I’m going to e-mail as many supporters trusts as I can for help/info the addresses for and will return with what I find !!!
  • Options
    My first reaction, definitely, especially if the Club are in the brown smelly stuff. However, not sure what good i'd be & if meetings were Bromley way i'd have to pass as transport wise that would be a mare.
  • Options
    That would be interesting SE9Addick, let us know what you find.
  • Options
    KB sis - i have no clue what good id be either but have offered to type up minutes/liaise with everyone to plan meetings. other than that i dont think ill be able to contribute too much but willing to go along. and i veto bromley also.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]My first reaction, definitely, especially if the Club are in the brown smelly stuff. However, not sure what good i'd be & if meetings were Bromley way i'd have to pass as transport wise that would be a mare.

Not Bromley.

Con Club in Charlton is my initial idea but could do Bexley as well.
  • Options
    Sydenham !!!????

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sydenham !!!????

;-)

Up to the rest of you to say.
  • Options
    I'll help! Get the fans forum involved too!