Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton may have to start with a 17 pooint deduction

Based on a conversation that I had yesterday evening, Southampton may be deducted a further 7 points due to the mismanagement of their previous regime.

Comments

• Hmm. That must be a bummer for them and in particular the bloke who has just spent £12.5M.
  • [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite] Southampton may be deducted a further 7 points due to the mismanagement of their previous regime.

Takes big gulp!
  • well..... that changes our options.....

17 points is flippin massive particular if we have been stripped of our best players.....

they are trying to send a message... DONT GO INTO ADMIN JUST TO GET A CLEAN SLATE!!!
  • ha ha I wonder if this is a plant for the benefit of Varney and co?
  • I don't have anything against them but an extra deduction isn't too harsh imo, I mean they couldn't pay there players & staff for 2 months!
  • All this points deduction stuff is terrible. The fans are punished on the pitch for stuff that happens off the pitch. Surely there are more fair ways of punishing teams who are managed poorly (i.e. transfer embargo for a year or something).

And I’m not just saying that because it looks like we’re going into admin ourselves !
  • 10 points deduction - a good start could soon level the playing field in around 10 matches, and provide momentum to reach the playoffs. Chances of promotion: fair.

17 point deduction - psychologically takes away belief, although Leeds reached the playoffs recently after a 15 point deduction, so it can be done. Chaces of promotion: slight.

In practice though, mid-table is about the best they can hope for - and a bad start could mean a season of struggle.
    Or even relegation.

Assuming the club hasn't been stripped of it's best players and funds are available to rebuild.
  • edited July 2009
    0 point deduction - with Parky as manager and with the club in disarray, the best players sold and team made up of players released by St Johnstone. Chances of promotion: Zilch ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]0 point deduction- with Parky as manager and with the club in disarray, the best players sold and team made up of players released by St Johnstone. Chances of promotion: Zilch ;-)

Just got up, Chicago ...... and not had your morning coffee yet .... ?

;o)
  • What's a Pooint deduction is that a poo deduction?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's a Pooint deduction is that a poo deduction?

You're talking crap now Dazzler.

;o)
  • well your last sentance had a bit of shite in there!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]well your last sentance had a bit of shite in there!

You're not a closet Excreter City supporter, are you ... ?
  • Nah i am more of a Pooterborough Fan
  • Has this thread got anything to do with Arse-nal?
  • Or Liverpoo-l?
  • More to do with Liverpoo-l

But Man-Ure has a lot to do with it!
  • Well, we did play at Shithurst Park 20 years ago.
  • I blame Danny Shittu
  • Ah, but he was just bog-standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2009
    I dunno Omar Pooso was a bit turd! No where near as good as IweLOOmo
  • We need a new tactical cistern to flush away relegation.
  • With the greatest respect to this thread I'm all pooped out.