Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney's interview

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Reg was interviewed by 5Live before the Wycombe game when he stated that there would be no managerial change for the rest of this season. I heard the interview myself and the only reason I'm saying this is that you can well believe that our Board had very little doubt that we would go out to Wycombe before last night's game and that result may have been the wake up call their lack of current vision has needed.

What was a dire situation has become a crisis. I like Reed and know he did a great job for us in our Play Off season for which I will always be grateful, but want him out of that managerial hot seat and think we now need a no nonsense manager who will put a few of our overpaid and under motivated players into their place or ship them out. Last night I only felt for 4 players, Baby Bent whose career is suffering because of the utter garbage around him, Carson who has worked so hard all season and saved us from an even more embarrassing score line last night, Hughes, who though largely ineffective worked hard around the pitch last night and Holland who again worked as hard as he could when he came on and saw more of the ball in the last 15-20 mins than many of our players had seen all game.

Forget about pride Richard and Peter. For the good of our club, make the necessary change, my call is Alex McLeish/Pardew btw, and give us ONE LAST CHANCE to save our Premiership status whilst the thread is still there. Defeats to Boro and Fulham and we are gone, which will be a financial disaster for us!

Comments