Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Les

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Les Reed has to walk, preferably today.
Is there anyone who disagrees?

I am waiting in dread to hear his scientific analysis about how we controlled certain aspects of the game blah blah blah. Les, don't waste your time with Prozone when even the most simple minded fan knows the players are on Prozac. We do not need a boffin, we need a manager to kick ass.

Comments

• Options
    i disagree......

do'nt see how him walking will help the situation. i think the players need to take a look at themselves and work out what the fudge is going on and how they are going to buck their ideas up.

reed can change tactics, and try different things if they work or not, he can try to motivate the players, but i believe they had lost motivation before he came in, and they're as much responsible as he is for dragging ourselves out of this mess.

as bad i think his appointment is, i don't think him going today or next week is going to get us a result at boro.

having said that, I do'nt wish to hear any comments/quotes/opinions by him in the press before we get the next point (or 3)
  • Options
    Prozone can tell you anything you want to hear. Les's programme notes are getting more bizarre by the week. We dominated Wycombe you know and the fact we never made the keeper make a save just proves that if we had shot then we would have won the game by a country mile so all we need to add to our game is a shot in each half and the 2-0 wins will start coming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Les Reed has to walk, preferably today.
    Is there anyone who disagrees?

I am waiting in dread to hear his scientific analysis about how we controlled certain aspects of the game blah blah blah. Les, don't waste your time with Prozone when even the most simple minded fan knows the players are on Prozac. We do not need a boffin, we need a manager to kick ass.

I agree , he has not got a clue . I am fed up of hearing him saying , we played well in parts , there was some good performances out there , we can take some positives out of the game blah blah blah

All not true , we have been shit and not even looked like scoring in the last 3 games

Please go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i disagree......

do'nt see how him walking will help the situation. i think the players need to take a look at themselves and work out what the fudge is going on and how they are going to buck their ideas up.

reed can change tactics, and try different things if they work or not, he can try to motivate the players, but i believe they had lost motivation before he came in, and they're as much responsible as he is for dragging ourselves out of this mess.

as bad i think his appointment is, i don't think him going today or next week is going to get us a result at boro.

having said that, I do'nt wish to hear any comments/quotes/opinions by him in the press before we get the next point (or 3)

sorry sooz but can you explain to me what tactics you actually saw in operation unless being tactically inept is a tactic in itself. Reed must walk. If he is a Charlton fan, as he says, it's the only thing he can do.
  • Options

I agree with your comments suz. The players have to look at themselves, and wonder what a new manager will be able to do! They need to pull there socks up, for there own sakes, an the fans!
  • Options
    Sorry Suzi but in we have been in a much more sorry state since Dowie left.
    In my opinion, Les is so wrong as the manager
  • Options
    Any of you with managerial or Directorship experience will know where the buck stops. The players have to perform, but it is the manager that has to motivate its staff, offer up smart objectives, plans, vision, guidance, structure etc. All of the same applies to a football team and I get the impression from both our player's body language and current tactics that none of the above is there. I think he should go and quickly, whilst points are still available and we are within a coupe of wins of the safety zone. All we need is a mini run to get some confidence built. Pompey appointed Redknapp to get them out of a similar predicament last year and that's the sort of manager we need a scrapper who has as much spirit about him as a bottle of Black label Smirnoff. A pity he is not available!

Reed's record is about 15% win success ratio versus Cubs' 38% and Dowie's 25%. Looks grim and is unacceptable.
  • Options
    The cowardness of last night when he refused to give a press conference was the final straw for me, even if it was to apologies to the supporters.

But he hid in the dressing room, said nothing, and it just stinks of him not caring, he probably does, but even when we were as gutless against United a couple of years ago, Curbs fronted up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

sorry sooz but can you explain to me what tactics you actually saw in operation unless being tactically inept is a tactic in itself. Reed must walk. If he is a Charlton fan, as he says, it's the only thing he can do.

i agree that wafting your arm in the vague direction of the goal isn't a tactic, but i can't help thinking he'd have wafted his hands around for an hour and a half and the players wouldn't have listened. i know that could be because he's lost the team, and they don't respect him, and that is terrible, but still, i think they should want to play and prove they are not players that should get relegated. I don't care if noddy was our manager, if the players want it enough, they'll put the effort in even if it doesn't come off, at least they've tried. teams that have been relegated, have been deemed 'unlucky' not 'spineless'. everyone feels sorry for watford being bottom, because they score goals and try and don't get the luck, no one feels sorry for us, cos they don't even care!

its not the losing that hurts week in week out, its the lack of commitment from the players.
  • Options
    Pavo I totally agree. Things are so desperate that I think the man for the job is Graeme Souness.

Yes that desperate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Suzi, he's got to go. Rothko's summed it up.

If he can't face the fans, can't face the press, he has to go.
  • Options
    He hid in the dugout for much of the game, and when he wasn't he was shuffling about quietly with his hands in his pockets.

Didn't offer any advice or leadership. Did you see Fortune ask if he should go up front at the end - he should not have needed to ask, he should have been told. Les Reed is not a leader I'm afraid.
  • Options
    well i was sat just behind him in the west, and he came down the stairs after about half an hour and he spent most of the 2nd half standing on the edge of his area. although he didn't do much, he wasn't hiding in the dugout.

I also saw reed ask JT to do something, and JT just put his hand out, dunno whether that was a "talk to the hand cos the face aint listening" or "ok boss"
  • Options
    I saw somethig go on with JT, he seem perturbed. Marcus Bent and Fortune seemed to offer sympathy.
  • Options
    I said after Reading away, if e ever plays Deniis Shitmypants and Thomas together in a 4-4-2 he should be shot. Anyone got a gun? [actually it looked more like 4-2-4 half the time and with the two being 6'2" of dog poo and Hughes what chance did they have?]

I've given him seven games and he's proved to me he's unable to select a side that even looks good on paper. As for motivate them to beat a team three divisions below us, jeez.

Minty and Reg, just admit you got it wrong and get him outta here. NOW!
  • Options
    The performances under Reed have been abysmal, he has to go now.
    Reading, Sheffield United, Liverpool, Wycombe - shocking shocking shocking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]The performances under Reed have been abysmal, he has to gonow.
    Reading, Sheffield United, Liverpool, Wycombe - shocking shocking shocking.

You have forgotten Spurs!!