Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For the first time in my life....

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
..I'm ashamed to say I support Charlton....The Board have to hold their hands up and admit;

1. It was a mistake to hire Dowie
2. It was a mistake to sack Dowie when they did
3. It was a mistake to put Reed in charge.

Bring back Sue Townsend...

Even Charlton Dan can't be wearing his red-tinted glasses after last night...;-)

Comments

• Options
    Nobody can have any defence for that pile of crap last night which was confirmed by the gutless sods not saying anything, even sorry, after the game.

For the first time in my life i'm am ashamed to be associated with a Charlton team
  • Options
    I can safely say that the one thing i will never ever feel about my club is ashamed of it.
  • Options
    I am not ashamed of the club stanmore (never will be), i'm ashamed of the team
  • Options
    Bollocks Oracle, you've been 'looking' for this to happen for years, so don't say you're ashamed !
  • Options
    Shut up Smudge, you idiot....you think I wanted this to happen?....I've been supporting Charlton since before you was born so don't give me this crap...Just because me and a few others could see this coming...ass
  • Options
    how long have you seen it coming though ? five years ? six years ?

you obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't of be on sites such as this. But be honest, when was the last time you said anything positive about the club ?
  • Options
    I'm not ashamed to support charlton, as there are plenty of other clubs that are in a worse situation than us. i know things aint good at the mo, but we could be where we were years ago, with no money, no ground, bleak future.....

we're in the premiership, albeit for not much longer, we're still a way above where we were 15 years ago, and we're certainly higher and better off than a lot of other teams.

I'm not ashamed to support charlton because of our history, and because in the short time I have supported charlton, I've probably been to more games, and felt more emotion for my club, than the chelsea, arsenal, and london supporting man u two bob fans in my office and in my group of friends.

so if they want to have a dig, i'll take it, and keep quiet, and know to myself that i'd rather support charlton than any of their teams. this is my charlton, its going through a rocky period, but it'll come through it in the end, even if it takes a little while, it still will be my charlton and i'll still be proud to say so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'm not ashamed to support charlton, as there are plenty of other clubs that are in a worse situation than us. i know things aint good at the mo, but we could be where we were years ago, with no money, no ground, bleak future.....

we're in the premiership, albeit for not much longer, we're still a way above where we were 15 years ago, and we're certainly higher and better off than a lot of other teams.

I'm not ashamed to support charlton because of our history, and because in the short time I have supported charlton, I've probably been to more games, and felt more emotion for my club, than the chelsea, arsenal, and london supporting man u two bob fans in my office and in my group of friends.

so if they want to have a dig, i'll take it, and keep quiet, and know to myself that i'd rather support charlton than any of their teams. this is my charlton, its going through a rocky period, but it'll come through it in the end, even if it takes a little while, it still will be my charlton and i'll still be proud to say so.

Thats the most refreshing post i have read all day, well done suz
  • Options
    Suzi

Fantastic post. Even through all the crap, we have to say we are proud to support Charlton. I always will be and will never shirk from that.

If only the players cared in the same way :-(
  • Options
    I agree Suzi and 04. Still my club!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I agree Suzi and 04. Still my club!

Your club sco, your club man. Dont matter where we are, we'll all still be there.
  • Options
    i agree with all the sentiments towards Charlton Athletic Football Club

It just seems the current crop of players don't want to be part of the club which is so soul destroying
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited December 2006
    (and I thumped my chest on the heart in the office when I wrote it, Ollie!) Charlton and proud - bring it on you p***-takers, I've got more love for my club than you - most people's season tickets are remote controls. I go, I sing, I love, I live and I am proud of it. The team might be crap at the moment, but I don't see why I have to be as well.

I was refering to non-Charlton when I said p***-takers, BTW...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how long have you seen it coming though ? five years ? six years ?

you obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't of be on sites such as this. But be honest, when was the last time you said anything positive about the club ?[/quote]

The writing has been on the wall for about 2 years.....as for being positive, tell me what we have to be positive about?..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how long have you seen it coming though ? five years ? six years ?

you obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't of be on sites such as this. But be honest, when was the last time you said anything positive about the club ?

The writing has been on the wall for about 2 years.....as for being positive, tell me what we have to be positive about?..

plenty! charlton aren't in administration without a ground and looking like they're in deep deep trouble. it may be bad now, but its not as bad as that.
  • Options
    Too many Premiership fans too used to watching the so called great teams at the valley. Truth of the matter is Charlton always have been & always will be a second tier club no better no worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]The writing has been on the wall for about 2 years.....as for being positive, tell me what we have to be positive about?..

The fact that you haven't turned your back on the club you support when it is going through a rough patch? Or have you done that already?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]The writing has been on the wall for about 2 years.....as for being positive, tell me what we have to be positive about?..

The fact that you haven't turned your back on the club you support when it is going through a rough patch? Or have you done that already?

Nah he's still supporting Rangers
  • Options
    Aye to everything you've said on this thread, Suzi.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I support Charlton, Rangers and Dartford.....is that ok with you?.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Oracle, this cannot be what you want. You have passion for football - please try to tell us that with words, not insults. No-one here thinks that they are better than you, we cannot right now row amongst our own. We are all having different emotions about this, but behind them all must be a love for the club. I'd buy you a pint, geez.

Chin-up, brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    that's geez as in geezer, BTW!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Come on Oracle, this cannot be what you want. You have passion for football - please try to tell us that with words, not insults. No-one here thinks that they are better than you, we cannot right now row amongst our own. We are all having different emotions about this, but behind them all must be a love for the club. I'd buy you a pint, geez.

Chin-up, brothers and sisters.

another good post, keep it up sco dood.
  • Options
    I'm getting angry becasuse I'm being accussed of wanting this to happen...its a shame that some people on here are sniping at me because I have been proved right and they have been proved wrong....

Rothko- Going on about Rangers is very childish in my book.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]

What's that blue thing next to your username on every post, then?
  • Options
    I think it's time to close this subject before there's tears?
  • Options
    Oracle, I don't know you from Adam. But you do seem to give as good as you get. We're all angry for one reason or another so just leave it. Saying you were right & they have been proved wrong is rather childish. You are not the only one who could see this coming for the last two years.
  • Options
    You were right and everyone else is wrong. great one.

The bloke in the Canaries who every day said it was going to rain was eventually proved right in the end !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]I'm getting angry becasuse I'm being accussed of wanting this to happen...its a shame that some people on here are sniping at me because I have been proved right and they have been proved wrong....

Maybe if you and the other Curbs out merchants had got behind him more he would still be here and we might not be in quite as much deep sh**. Just my opinion in the same way as you are expressing yours.
  • Options
    I really am not enjoying this thread and I doubt anyone else is - first person to come up with a new, positive thread that will get our team playing well again gets a pint off of me in the Oak after the Fulham match.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!