Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help on holiday Dubai or ?

The good half wants to go away for her 50th some place hot by a beach and all inclusive....she has flagged up Dubai and havnt a clue what its like.....is it worth going inclusive or is it not too expensive to eat there also is there anything to do except look at huge buildings and sand.........she also mentioned mexico

so can any one help me come up with some ideas i did mention Tenby but i cannot type what she said.......

Comments

• Dubai main thing going is the weather (beach) and the restaurants i would say. Would not go all inclusive.
    Can hire a boat out for a bit of fishing!!
    DO a bit skiing if you like, golf.
    Friday you can go to a brunch and its all you can eat for 50 durhams very good value
  • [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Is there anything to do except look at huge buildings and sand

Erm, no?! Actually can't say myself as never been, but my girlfriend's sis works in Abu Dabi and all over the middle east and says it expensive to eat/drink out and entertain oneself.

Don't know about Mehico (swine flu, etc), but I went to Cuba last December. Was the best all inclusive holiday I've been on. Stayed near Guardalavaca but did a 2 day tour of Havana. Such a beautiful country, with so much to see and do. Highly recommended!
  • Doha mate---you wont believe the night life.
  • [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Is there anything to do except look at huge buildings and sand

expensive to eat/drink out and entertain oneself.

Surely kleenex can't be that expensive!
  • [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Is there anything to do except look at huge buildings and sand

Erm, no?! Actually can't say myself as never been, but my girlfriend's sis works in Abu Dabi and all over the middle east and says it expensive to eat/drink out and entertain oneself.

Don't know about Mehico (swine flu, etc), but I went to Cuba last December. Was the best all inclusive holiday I've been on. Stayed near Guardalavaca but did a 2 day tour of Havana. Such a beautiful country, with so much to see and do. Highly recommended!

Agreed.

I'm not a beach holiday person but would recommend Cuba.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh yeah......my boss has just come cack from the Maldives and said it was stunning.
  • Zabeel own a hotel in Dubai don't they..........find it, book in under a false name, stay for a fortnight, run up a massive bill and do a runner....that way you'll get double the pleasure!
  • Dubai is going through a bit of a funny time at the moment. Despite being on the face of it a lot more open than other Gulf states, there has been a major crackdown on anything deemed offensive to muslims.

A case in point a guy wearing a T shirt with a naked Victoria beckham (obviously with bits covered) was thrown in jail and has now been deported. There have been a number of other incidents as well.

A lot of the contruction has been put on hold, including the worlds tallest tower (still impressive) and the 1500 metre indoor ski slope!

Saying that Dubai is great, - the best way to describe it is like Las vegas and Disney land had a baby. The best time to go I would say is either end of January for the sales or March for the Horse racing.
  • Sharm El Sheikh, Hilton, Fayrouz, All Inclusive, some good deals at the moment.

Private beach, loads of bars & restaurants on site

Hilton
  • I can recommend Almond Beach Resort in Barbados, and you can go virtually anywhere without fear of upsetting a mad mullah,catching swine flu or being held up at gunpoint.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I can recommend Almond Beach Resort in Barbados, and you can go virtually anywhere without fear of upsetting a mad mullah,catching swine flu or being held up at gunpoint.

So not much fun then!
  • edited June 2009
    Well, you could just go to Penge, and get all three...
  • edited June 2009
    Or Plumstead come to that.
  • It would say Dubai's beaches are not the best. Very interesting place to go but more of a city break in my mind. I too would avoid all inclusive.

My recommendation would be The Maldives for the ultimate beach, ocean experience.

When's her birthday? Because could narrow your choices.
  • Good point Chicago.
  • Ah yea good point. Early sept and bloody typical
    the week we have two home games in a row
  • Why not do the Maldives and Dubai? For our honeymoon, we did 12 nights in the Maldives and then 4 nights in Dubai - really was great. All Inc for the Maldives and the most stunning beaches. As others have said, Dubai is more a short break type of place. Still in it's development but will be a great place when the construction finishes.
  • We went to Velidhu in the Maldives, stunning and the most relaxing holiday i have ever had. Could definitely recommend
  • Surely it depends on budget, some of you are suggesting stuff that is way more expensive than 5 nights in dubai.
  • Try Bognor
  • Sponsored links:

• Early September, this year, will be the middle of Ramadan. In Dubai, this means no drinking, eating or smoking, in public, whilst the sun is up.

Dubai don't really do All-Inclusive, not like they do in the Caribbean. I'd avoid most of the Caribbean in September, too, because of the Hurricane season.

We went to Aruba (Dutch island just off the north coast of Venezuela, where Andy Hunt now lives), in May. Stayed at the Riu Palace through Thomson. I can highly recommend and it's supposed to be outside of the Hurricane belt.
  • cheers foe the help................mmm hurricanes.....tooo hot........ looks like bognor....v..maldives.......nothing in it ....