Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Llera Signs

http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

Comments

• Been known for a little while that one, but i'd glad we've got a tall centre half on board.

Know little about him though. Does anyone ?
  • He our first Spanish players?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Been known for a little while that one, but i'd glad we've got a tall centre half on board.

Know little about him though. Does anyone ?[/quote]

Saw their game against Scunny & he looked the part. Dirty bastard.
  • Ok, from a bit of nosing around i get the impression he started slowly in the first half of the season, and got stronger as the season progressed. Came joint 3rd in one of their Player of the Year polls. Still seen by some as a bit of a liability, but they are a bit unsure on why they only offered him a one year contract this summer, which he rejected.
  • Looked ok at Mk Dons. Not worried though. Parky will soon coach any talent out of him.
  • I think with all the sort of players we might or might not sign now, were not going to know too much about them anymore, untill we see them in the flesh. Just going to have to trust parky and his scouting team to come up with the goods, fingers crossed.
  • Interesting that one of the references in the Wiki article is dated 10th June. Looks like residents of Madrid knew that he had signed for us over two weeks ago ..... provided they could read Spanish anyway.
  • yes Dave, was in Marca on the 10th June.
  • Cost cutting exercise in my opinion.

They just have to cut the A and N off of the old shirts and his name is ready made.

Are we really that desperate?

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• only a 2 year deal, which means by next xmas he will be free start looking at other clubs and in the January transfer deadline we may wish to sell him if we are still in League One and not looking at getting out !
  • good signing. More worrying to me are the references to 'Manager' Phil Parkinson.
  • Llera - was inconsistent and a bit dodgy at first, maybe adapting to the country, but by the end of the season was turning in some really strong performances, got the fans player of the month by some distance for April/May. When he first signed he was described as "technically excellent" and for the first few months we wondered why, he sort of got in the way of things and cleared it, but by the end of the season he was knocking 60 yard crossfield balls into feet.

Not the quickest, biggest weakness is that he can get turned by smaller, nippy strikers, but dominant in the air and gets in the way of most things. On the form he showed in the last few months of the season for us he'd be a good signing for any League One side and I'm a bit gutted to be losing him to be honest.

From the MK Dons FM researcher. Also found he is left footed, as Parkinson mentions. If it's accurate, he was only on around £1.5k a week at Mk Dons. I'm guessing we're going to be paying him a little more.

Mainly played in the Spanish third tier, though before signing for MK Dons looks like he was a squad player/back up in the 2nd tier in between a season in the top tier.

Should be around his peak now. Pleased to to see it confirmed as it was expected to go through, he should be a good signing at this level.

Alongside Fortune assuming he stays we should have a good partnership.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]good signing. More worrying to me are the references to 'Manager' Phil Parkinson.

Clearly the manager still and very likely to be in two months time. Really is that simple now. Yes would have been nice to have had a confirmation, but I can understand why the board didn't come out and confirm it.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]good signing. More worrying to me are the references to 'Manager' Phil Parkinson.

Clearly the manager still and very likely to be in two months time. Really is that simple now. Yes would have been nice to have had a confirmation, but I can understand why the board didn't come out and confirm it.

well, a Board Member confirmed to me, and many others, that Parky was going to be sacked. Surely he wouldn't have misled us, would he ??

(edited after speaking to lawyer)
  • It's a signing no-one can critisize because no-one has ever heard of him. Love my centre halfs me so hope he's a good signing & better than some of the clowns we have had playing in that position last few years (Bougherra Apart).
  • good signing imho. Beat Norwich to him as well.

Good price but if hudson goes to cardiff stll need at least one more CH on top of Fortune.

Also seems to have adjusted to english football already.

Knows this division and was in a defence that reached
  • Definitely points to Hudson leaving as many anticipated.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]only a 2 year deal, which means by next xmas he will be free start looking at other clubs and in the January transfer deadline we may wish to sell him if we are still in League One and not looking at getting out !

fuck me knew you or one of your brothers would find a negative twist on this.

Jesus H Christ
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Definitely points to Hudson leaving as many anticipated.

I'm pretty sure he will go, but even if he stayed we'd have signed at least one centre back considering we'd only have two. As Henry said we still need one more if Hudson goes, two if Fortune goes.

As for the contract length, shorter contracts are normal the lower down you go. Expect to see 1 and 2 year deals a lot more than we used to. Unlikely we'll see many, if any, 4 or 5 year contracts.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

well, a Board Member confirmed to me, and many others, that Parky was going to be sacked. Surely he wouldn't have misled us, would he ??

(edited after speaking to lawyer)

No idea then, all I know is it's clear he is the manager, at least for now.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Looked ok at Mk Dons. Not worried though. Parky will soon coach any talent out of him.

Think you'll find he re-inspired the players after so much dross
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Looked ok at Mk Dons. Not worried though. Parky will soon coach any talent out of him.

*cough cough* run that past me again Daz.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Unlikely we'll see many, if any, 4 or 5 year contracts.

those days are over aren't they... if we do well and get back into the top half of the Championship they probably won't be good enough, if we carry on the malaise, we won't want the financial commitment
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Looked ok at Mk Dons. Not worried though. Parky will soon coach any talent out of him.

*cough cough* run that past me again Daz.
    Sorry you got a cold ;o)

In my honest opinion I think under Parky the players played with more belief but unfortunately with Hudson at the back we had no chance. I blame Hudson for everything that went wrong.
  • edited June 2009
    Llera, Fortune? Semedo, Youga, Holland, Basey as our other centre halfs? For the record I think Hudson was good just needed a good consistent pairing.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Unlikely we'll see many, if any, 4 or 5 year contracts.

those days are over aren't they... if we do well and get back into the top half of the Championship they probably won't be good enough, if we carry on the malaise, we won't want the financial commitment

Yep. We also wouldn't want a situation where a player is on a long contract and ends up having injury problems for most of his time here.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Llera, Fortune? Semedo, Youga, Holland, Basey as our other centre halfs?

Until we find someone else, yeah. Surely we need at least 3 natural and senior centre backs.
  • Dons fans on 606 verdict:

''Llera would've been 2nd choice defender or sub once our first choice CB returns from injury.

He had some good moments, and made some howling errors also. You always felt that another error was just around the corner. Hoofs the ball upfield a lot rather than passing it forward, giving away posession in the process, although he improved his accuracy a lot towards the end of the season.''

''good and bad points, great distribution, but prone to the odd error...''

''good solid pro that wears his heart on his sleeve, decent in the air at both ends and good distribution although his positioning and lack of pace sometimes leaves him exposed''
  • p.s I have no reason for this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Llera, Fortune? Semedo, Youga, Holland, Basey as our other centre halfs?

Until we find someone else, yeah. Surely we need at least 3 natural and senior centre backs.

Semedo's 'real' position although think he might be a bit lightweight at this level.