Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I can't find words to describe how I feel about last night. Well I can but they are all Anglo-saxon.

I don't know how the other directors reacted as I was in my own seat, not the directors' box, but I can guess.

That's all I'm going to say as I'm too angry and pissed off to have a rational debate and I'll say something I shouldn't

I'm off out on a work visit. If people want to e-mail me than the address is below.

Ben@charltonfansdirector.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    last night was probably the most inept performance I have ever seen....only Carson seems to care (and he's not even really one of our own !)

We are a complete laughing stock
  • Options
    Hard to think logically now, but i think last night may turn out to be the best thing that could of happened.

Things have declined so rapidly over the pst six months that it needed to come to a head. Last night was the most i have EVER seen a whole crowd go against a club, let alone Charlton where i like to think we're a little bit more knowledgeable than most.

If you're crazily trying to look for a positive, then by coming to a head now, we have eight months to get our act together, find a structure that works with the right staff, ship out players that don't want to be here, and bring in the right individuals geared to be a top half Championship side.

Everyone thinks going down will be fun, little tour of the Championship, but it won't because what we currently have would see us struggle in the Championship. In that way you have to fight and bollock you're way out of it, we simply wouldn't be up to the challenge.

I hate to use the term cancer, but there is something extremely severe hampering and running through our club at the moment, and its very sad to witness.
  • Options
    Agree totally AFKA, I've never seen the ground turn against the club in one dramatic fashion like last night.
    Fair play to Holland and Rommedahl who braved the abuse and gave us a clap, and Scott Carson is a gentleman, at least he gives a cr*p about the shirt and the badge.

I still kind of feel sorry for Faye, but that is gradually changing, also, Darren Bent is out of form and probably unfit - bad move making him captain last night, he's no leader - Reed should have played Holland from the start and made him captain.
  • Options
    Henry- i think many of us feel like you-we need to calm down for a period of time. I certainly am struggling to put my feelings into words.

AFKA- Admire the underlying positivity of the post above and hope i feel like this when both the alcohol and football hangovers wear off.

For the moment- i just don't know how to feel apart from sad
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Holland and Rommedahl are the only two who ever applaud the fans - and all credit to them for having the balls to do it last night.

We have to get rid of the high earning drossers likle Faye, Traore, JFH and Diawarra asap and bring in some hungry Championship players. As I said in another thread things are so desperate I would get in Souness for the rest of the season to kick some ass and be totally intolerant of ineptitude. Sorry Les, but you have to go.

I had high hopes for Diawarra but a League 2 player embarassed him on many occaisons last night and he is lucky he was only responsibloe for one goal. Traore is an absolute nightmare of a joke.

Personally I think we have chuecked £10M+ down the drain - get rid of all of these in January even if it is on free transfers.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Rommedahl walking round the pitch offering a limp wristed clap is not 'showing balls'.

Showing balls is not bottling a 60:40 challenge in your favour 5 minutes into the game, showing balls is not turning you're back sticking your arse out and tucking your head in for every arial challenge.

Of all the tough vikings that have come out of Scandanavia, we get Dennis the dolly.
  • Options
    I agree AFKA but at least by him staying out there he is kind of apologising, unlike the rest of them
  • Options
    AFKA is right.

I wish Holland was clapping out of the door 2 seasons ago and as for Dennis.....well

This all has been coming a long long while ago.

We ALL knew that Traore for 2 Milion quid was total madness, ditto Marcus Bent for 2.5 Million.

READ AGAIN Marcus Bent for 2.5 Million.
  • Options
    But you know you're not gonna get with Romm, he's never been an hard nut and never will.

You do expect your defenders and central midfielders to tackle.

Wouldnt it be great if you could sack players.

Sorry Djimi, we're gonna have to let you go today...
  • Options
    Of the Dowie signings only Carson and Reid have been worthwhile the rest are a complete waste of money! Walton seems to have done ok at Ipswich but other than that hopeless!

Add that to the dross that Curbishley left us with and you have...........well what we have got really .......a nailed on relegation side that could go straight out the bottom of the Championship!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i don't get how we can keep blaming curbs for this mess.the board wanted prem football and he never really let them down.
  • Options
    I'm the only one who has mentioned Curbs, i said he had played a part.

But it was him who signed El Kak, Hughes, Holland, Romm, Ambrose, HH, M Bent - seven players who have underperformed significantly this season or who are not good enough. He also tried to sign Faye and JFH.

His part was smaller than others, but he can't be absolved of all blame.
  • Options
    I'm still shaking my head how he paid £2m plus on Bent (M). Old Moyes must have a chuckle over that every day.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]i don't get how we can keep blaming curbs for this mess.the board wanted prem football and he never really let them down.

Peakey, you only have to look at the shambles of a squad that Curbishley left us with at the end of last season to see where the problems began. Dowie was then recruited too late to have any chance to bolster the squad properly in time for the new season. As a result he had to go and panic buy a lot of players who also arrived far too late and who all missed the pre-season training and conditioning required to get the team ready for a Premiership season. It was all so predictable. Most of our squad are still not really fit and certainly not playing as a team.

The major reason why the team is in such a state this season is the fact that Curbishley left us with such a poor group of players when he left.
  • Options
    Listening to the game last night - I couldn't face watching that shower so soon after the Liverpool debacle - it was interesting to hear during the commentary speculation about Curbs' reasons for going.

I think it was Dave Beasant who said maybe Curbishley knew the writing was on the wall and decline was inevitable with an aging team with many out of contract players and major rebuilding required - perhaps he decided that it was time to get out while his reputation was still intact.

I think many fans reckon we would be in something of a similar position even if he had stayed - maybe slightly better off but not significantly so!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]Listening to the game last night - I couldn't face watching that shower so soon after the Liverpool debacle - it was interesting to hear during the commentary speculation about Curbs' reasons for going.

I think it was Dave Beasant who said maybe Curbishley knew the writing was on the wall and decline was inevitable with an aging team with many out of contract players and major rebuilding required - perhaps he decided that it was time to get out while his reputation was still intact.

I think many fans reckon we would be in something of a similar position even if he had stayed - maybe slightly better off but not significantly so!

That is exactly why Curbishley left. He knew we were in the shit and jumped ship before he got dragged down with us.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    moyes used that money to fund the purchace of per krøldrup for £5million didn't he?

on that basis curbs could have left us after every season as we were always favorites for the drop,yet i can only really judge him on what happened,not what might have and his record speaks for itself.mid-table security in february and a shit couple of months after that.
  • Options
    recently we've been a joke but now we're just plain sad. iv'e had two fans come up to me today Wednesday and Man City and both genuinely held out a shoulder to cry on. these are two devoted fans of other teams that know what it is like to suffer, and that is what they recognised. that we the fans are suffering through this. what started out as being a bit funny for opposition fans is now causing some genuine concern. they can't believe that a club of our 'status' in the league can be performing so consistently badly. for all those that think championship is going to be easy, just think about Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Sunderland, West Brom, Derby, Leicester, etc the list goes on. at Chesterfield they were singing "premiership your avin a larf". we have become the joke of this division. even Watford get credit for spending nothing and expecting nothing. we spent a lot and got bugger all. lets not have another 1984.
  • Options
    You are so right Prince Paul, unless we can make some major changes we could easily drop straight through the Championship.