Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

darren bent question

Being strongly linked with a move away from spurs with 3 or 4 prem clubs in the race for him, think harry is keen to sell but they want to recoup as much as they can on the outlay they spent, does anyone know if we had the bloody sense to put a sell on clause in his contract? If the fees being quoted come off could be a nice few million in the bank.

Comments

• Options
    Don't think we did adam..so £0 coming our way...could be wrong though.
  • Options
    I think most of the original deal was overided by an early payment deal, so any sell on clause would have gone in that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I think most of the original deal was overided by an early payment deal, so any sell on clause would have gone in that

Yeah didn't they pay a lump sum last summer, think we only got 10/11 million in end and no sell on or extra's, i may be wrong thou
  • Options
    yes the club did have add on clauses but as it seems he will be sold for less than Spurs paid taking the money early (factoring it) now seems like a good move.

How it was spent is another matter.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure they paid in installments and we included a sell on clause. But did we with Diawara as he is set to move to Bordeaux (how ever you spell it).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Im pretty sure they paid in installments and we included a sell on clause. But did we with Diawara as he is set to move to Bordeaux (how ever you spell it).

Diawara is already at Bordeaux. Payments based on them reaching the European cup which they did this year.
  • Options
    I think he meant another club, I did read somewhere that Diawara was being linked with another French club?

Even if there is a sell on clause for Bent, it might only be on any profit they make. It's almost certain that when they sell him it'll be for less than what they paid us for him.
  • Options
    Sell on clauses normally only apply to any profit made when selling a player. So Spurs would have to sell him for over £16m before we saw anything come back to us, I doubt even the yiddo's could get that for Bent.
  • Options
    Radio this morning was suggesting they were trying to get £18m for him...
  • Options
    They won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    heard on the radio they'd turned down £14m from Sunderland, can only think it means there are few clubs trying to sign him - Everton or Villa would be good for him, hopefully plenty of European games to show everyone how good a goalscorer he can be given the chance. Or Arsenal of course ;-)
  • Options
    Bent has done OK at Spuds really, he has scored 24 goals in 77 games [no pens] for them, so 1 in 3 is a decent ratio when you consider how they have messed him about. If he was given a full season of league and cup games then he would be close to a 20 goal per season man which in todays market would put him close to 20 million given the premium on goalscorers.
  • Options
    Whatever happens, wish him well.