Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Varney hallucinating?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
From The Guardian match report.....

Asked about the possibility of changing the manager early next year if results do not improve, Varney said, and later reaffirmed: "We won't. We are very confident this situation will turn around here."

I know that Dowie's enthusiasm was supposed to be catching but this is now getting ridiculous!

Comments

• Rubbish - the only turning round whilst Reed is in charge will be by us the fans, we shouldn't have to put up with such passionless rudderless performances like that.
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: abrown1972[/cite]From The Guardian match report.....

Asked about the possibility of changing the manager early next year if results do not improve, Varney said, and later reaffirmed: "We won't. We are very confident this situation will turn around here."

I know that Dowie's enthusiasm was supposed to be catching but this is now getting ridiculous!

that was a quote from before the game. No-one has raised their head above the parapet since.
  • Worth remembering AB that was before the game. I would of thought though Varney was clever enough not to give committed quotes, but obviously not.

what a mess.
  • Even saying it before the game makes him look ridiculous given Reed's abysmal record in his short time in charge where we have been thumped in two crucial away games and scraped only a single win together. To think that they are giving Reed the chance to waste money in the window whilst a proper manager like Pardew sits idle is just bewildering.