Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bailey is off

edited June 2009 in Rumours
Within the next few weeks, just a case of dottin the I's and crossing the T's............

Comments

• Do we know where 2?
  • i could confirm or deny this.......................if my mate wasn't in a wet field in her wellies

(boyfriend is his best bud apparently)

but it's no great surprise though
  • The missus just called is good friends with his old woman, wouldnt say, but he wont be in the red of Chanrlton come what August
  • just sent a text to see...............in the small hope she's not off her trolly already!
  • I've heard Birmingham from about five different sources....probably means he'll turn up at Wolves.
  • Cost us some valuable points last season with some disgraceful tackling. ;-)

Anyway - is it any surprise? He done exactly the same with Barnet and Southend. Good luck to him.
  • edited June 2009
    In fact Barnet and Southend are playing each other in a pre-season game on the back of his transfer!
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]In fact Barnet and Southend are playing each other in a pre-season game on the back of his transfer!

He's off to Ipswich then ;)
  • I was told just after the season ended he had agreed to go to Watford. Didnt take any notice as they had changed Manager's.
    I'm pretty sure the same person was told Racon wants to stay and bring us back up. A mate had told me he had spoken to Robbie Elliott who he had played cricket against recently. Elliott also said he hopes PP stays as his man mangement skills is second to none. But dont know how reliable this info is so i am not claiming to be in the know or anything. Just passing on what i was told.
  • [cite]Posted By: cookierules[/cite]I was told just after the season ended he had agreed to go to Watford. Didnt take any notice as they had changed Manager's.
    I'm pretty sure the same person was told Racon wants to stay and bring us back up. A mate had told me he had spoken to Robbie Elliott who he had played cricket against recently. Elliott also said he hopes PP stays as his man mangement skills is second to none. But dont know how reliable this info is so i am not claiming to be in the know or anything. Just passing on what i was told.

Begs the question what went so wrong then last season if that's the case. Maybe lack of tactical nous?

Perhaps if he is a great man- manager he would be better suited as assistant with someone else constructing the tactics
  • Sponsored links:

• great man manager = he picked me!!
  • edited June 2009
    Elliot would says his man management skills are second to none seeing as he made him the No 1 keeper !!!

ask Moo2 the same question...
  • [cite]Posted By: cookierules[/cite]I was told just after the season ended he had agreed to go to Watford. Didnt take any notice as they had changed Manager's.

This has got to be a wind up, if Elliot thinks that then he can't have had many mentors in his life, surely man management skills automatically lead to motivation and that is something that was sadly lacking all over the field last season and for that matter in the dug out where the great man himself stands.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Elliot would says his man management skills are second to none seeing as he made him the No 1 keeper !!!

i make the fact moo2 was dropped a great mgmt decision i think he is pony just goes to show that in football we all disagree
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Elliot would says his man management skills are second to none seeing as he made him the No 1 keeper !!!

yeah ask Moo2, you'll find him with the youth team beating the shit out of them (allegedly)
    suppose that was Parky's fault too
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]This has got to be a wind up, if Elliot thinks that then he can't have had many mentors in his life, surely man management skills automatically lead to motivation and that is something that was sadly lacking all over the field last season and for that matter in the dug out where the great man himself stands.
    I don;t think we lacked motivation in the second half of last season at all. Belief when falling behind maybe - but not motivation.

From Jan/Feb onwards which players did not try their hardest for the team? We just were not good enough.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]This has got to be a wind up, if Elliot thinks that then he can't have had many mentors in his life, surely man management skills automatically lead to motivation and that is something that was sadly lacking all over the field last season and for that matter in the dug out where the great man himself stands.
    I don;t think we lacked motivation in the second half of last season at all. Belief when falling behind maybe - but not motivation.

From Jan/Feb onwards which players did not try their hardest for the team? We just were not good enough.

Sorry WSS but I cannot agree with you on that one, it is well documented how many players we used last season, injuries were not the problem, lack of effort and motivation were, yes we put a few results together towards the end of the season and went on a little run but it still does not take away the fact that players that were good enough to be captains, score goals and lead the line for both us and their respective clubs before they joined us were not even being considered for our relegation fight.
    Good man managers not only get the best out of people. they get that little bit more and it is that little bit extra that makes all the difference, I just don't see that in Parky, he always looks beaten and cluless standing there in the technical area, and if I, and a lot of other people can see that from all around the ground I am certain the players can see it from the pitch and feel it in the dressing room.
  • To be brutally honest the players didn't lack in their level of motivation, they're just a bunch of wasters who rely on others to set the tempo or organise. Bailey was the only one who attempted to force issues the rest looked around until the impetus had been lost. With that group of players it would have taken somebody truly messianic to have saved them.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]This has got to be a wind up, if Elliot thinks that then he can't have had many mentors in his life, surely man management skills automatically lead to motivation and that is something that was sadly lacking all over the field last season and for that matter in the dug out where the great man himself stands.[/quote]

From Jan/Feb onwards which players did not try their hardest for the team? We just were not good enough.[/quote]

Can't agree really, a better manager with the likes of ZZ, Racon, Bailey, Jonjo, Sam, Hudson, Ward, Elliot etc would have kept us up. I know the strikers were rubbish but we pissed around adding 6-7 loans players when we should have saved the entire budget and just taken Ward & Lita IMO.
  • I blame parky. Worst non winning run in the club's history, despite a wealth of below average premiership players at his disposal, a total of 39 players representing the club, of which over 10 were (bad) loans; I suspect I know who made the wrong decisions in this...

Managers have been sacked or walked of their own accord for far less, take Coppell from Reading as a dignified man who achieved huge amounts, but fell just short of his own high standards. parky says he would leave 'with his head held high', if he had to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]I blame parky. Worst non winning run in the club's history, despite a wealth of below average premiership players at his disposal, a total of 39 players representing the club, of which over 10 were (bad) loans; I suspect I know who made the wrong decisions in this...

Below average Premiership players at his disposal? Erm... where?
  • If I were PP, I wouldn't walk out either. I'd want to get us back into the Championship and then have a good season in that before going anywhere. So don't blame him for having some b*llocks to front up rather than run away. Whether he's good enough is a different question but the board can always come to their own conclusions on that one, can't they? Coppell is different....he has nothing left to prove to anyone (perhaps other than managing a top team at the very highest level).

PS: "Wealth of below average premiership players?" I think the wealth of those left when we were relegated under Dowie/Pardew. ZZ maybe could do a proper job for someone but not the others (Ambrose, Fortune, Weaver, Holland, Sam). I agree we should have done a lot better than we did though, with what was left.
  • No news.

Nothing known other than he is happy at Charlton.

So same old same old...............nothing being said.
  • My son is a good mate of Nicky's. Keeps asking Nicky about rumours. Nicky told him that, as far as he knows, there have been no bids from anywhere for his services. Also confirmed to him that he is happy at Charlton and not particularly looking for a move.
  • Not sure about that word "particularly". ;)
  • I wouldn't blame him if he moved to a Championship side. What's he owe us? He performed well scored plenty of goals and joined a club supposedly competing at the top end of the Championship. Instead he joined a club in disarray and freefall, with no end to it in sight. He just left Div 3, I'm sure he hoped his career would move forward, it's not like he's come through our ranks and has some long affinity with the club. I hope he stays but would understand if he went, I'm sure we could also do with the dosh.
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Within the next few weeks, just a case of dottin the I's and crossing the T's............
    There must be a lot of i's and t's.
  • As long as he doesn't leave at midnight on January 31st I don't mind...
  • Chizz, you on a mission to reserect as many old threads as possible today!!?? ;-)
  • Henry mentioned earlier that there were some people who were CERTAIN he was off in the Summer.