Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Life's little irritations

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Mine at the moment is businesses, services etc who are incapable of getting my name correct as they have been given it.

I have 3 initials and a surname and use all 3 initials as I have a fairly common surname.

EG MR LEN GLOVER is arbitarially shortened to MR LE GLOVER.

I find it really irritating! Why are people incapable of listening/reading and recording exactly what they have been told?!

Comments

• Options
    Mr Leg Over? Jonners would have fun with that.
  • Options
    Lateness

80+ year olds driving fancy cars at 5mph in a 30.

People who smell, no excuse.

The general public's use of brains on public transport.

Webuyanycar.com

I'm sure i will keep adding to this....
  • Options
    People who stop at traffic lights in the right hand lane....you pull up behind them and then when the lights change to green they put their indicator on to turn right....argggghhhh....I could kill!
  • Options
    Mine is gritting my teeth and counting 10, with my best customer service smile, when I know I am dealing with pond life chavs froms Dartford & Swanley everyday.

Customer: I need a quote on availability and price for a van
    Me: what size & when for?
    Customer: I dont know
    Me: well, I need the size and dates etc to do that for you
    Customer: why cant you just tell me anyway?

me pulling hair out, swearing a lot and generally dumbfounded at how stupid people are.
  • Options
    People eating crisps/apples loudly.
  • Options
    Traffic lights on roundabouts.....OK if its some mega junction but I will never be convinced they are needed on the smaller ones.
  • Options
    what have they done wrong soundas or is it cos they weren't already indicating if so i'm sorry i do that :o(
  • Options
    Earphone cables getting into the most unbelievable tangle everytime.

I wrap it around my ipod with great care and attention but every i go to use it again its in a complete knotted mess.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    People using a hand-held mobile phone when driving. Especially when they:

1, have someone else in the car with them*

2, have a sign in the back saying "Small person/baby/little princess on board"**

* Why? Because if the call's so bl**dy important, let the passenger take it.
    ** Why? Because the signs actually says "Oi, you lot drive carefully, so I don't have to"
  • Options
    People drinking/eating in lifts
    People paying £2.35 for something with a card
    People walking along reading a book
    People ordering coffee in pubs
    People talking whilst eating
    People who wear chinos
    People being people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely it's a well-known fact that the indicators will only work as part of your power steering – you have to have started your turn before they will operate – FACT!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]People drinking/eating in lifts
    People paying £2.35 for something with a card
    People walking along reading a book
    People ordering coffee in pubs
    People who wear chinos
    People being people

Sure you don`t need councelling Shag ? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    People being people

This is basically it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what have they done wrong soundas or is it cos they weren't already indicating if so i'm sorry i do that :o(

Erm dazzler...you indicate before you reach the traffic lights and keep your indicator on whilst it's on red....so some poor sod like me who could have pulled up in the inside lane doesn't pull up behind you and then get stuck there when the lights change....please tell me you're not one of those idiots that do this....though it's pretty rare, it does happen from time to time.
  • Options
    Pikies that cellotape directions to their dashboard

Alright Dazzler :-)
  • Options
    groups of 4 or 5 tourists on commuter trains who only decide to look for their train ticket when they get to the barriers in London train termials or the underground.
  • Options
    People who don't indicate when turning left. Especially at roundabouts!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what have they done wrong soundas or is it cos they weren't already indicating if so i'm sorry i do that :o(

Erm dazzler...you indicate before you reach the traffic lights and keep your indicator on whilst it's on red....so some poor sod like me who could have pulled up in the inside lane doesn't pull up behind you and then get stuck there when the lights change....please tell me you're not one of those idiots that do this....though it's pretty rare, it does happen from time to time.

Fiveways heading from Eltham towards Chislehurst is where this pis*es me off the most. I want to straight ahead.If I go in the inside lane all the right hand lane traffic go straight ahead. If I go in the right hand lane because they are not indicating to turn right, they of course then are turning right. Grrr.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Mine is gritting my teeth and counting 10, with my best customer service smile, when I know I am dealing with pond life chavs froms Dartford & Swanley everyday.

Customer: I need a quote on availability and price for a van
    Me: what size & when for?
    Customer: I dont know
    Me: well, I need the size and dates etc to do that for you
    Customer: why cant you just tell me anyway?

me pulling hair out, swearing a lot and generally dumbfounded at how stupid people are.

In this situation you should just give the price for the smallest van in 'low season.' If they then change the date or size and the price changes you can then say that they hadn't been specific for the first quote. In any case, you suck them in with your lowest price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]groups of 4 or 5 tourists on commuter trains who only decide to look for their train ticket when they get to the barriers in London train termials or the underground.

Add to that any woman who decides to get to the barrier before then looking through her entire handbag for her ticket.

Women who wear trainers to work with their smart clothing. Is your journey to work that bad that you can't wear shoes?
    People who ask you to move down the carriage when clearly there is no room.
    Slow walking people
    Anyone wearing crocs. You should be severely beaten whilst your crocs are burned in front of you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    French people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]French people.

ha, ha. Worse, Englishmen pretending to be French.
  • Options
    My hayfever
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    we've done this before i'm sure

Women who stand at a bus stop for 10 minutes - bus turns up then they f****** stand their at the driver window searching, in their bottomless pit bag, for their oyster card/ticket. Get the bloody thing out in advance. This goes for cashpoints as well.

[cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]People ordering coffee in pubs

Classic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]My hayfever

Go and buy some Flixonase from Boots. It's the only thing I've ever found that actually works.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]People who don't indicate when turning left. Especially at roundabouts!
    This

and slamming doors, nothing more annoying than when all you can hear from the other flats is this
  • Options
    Talking of bus stops, do people not know how to queue anymore?? Does my fecking brain in when I stand there for 20 minutes and suddenly it a free-for-all to get on the bus!
  • Options
    Blokes in suits wearing trainers between the station and the office. Women, do this because they want to wear uncomfortable spiky shoes in the office in order to climb the corporate ladder, but what the hell are these blokes up to.
    People (women) who get to ticket barriers/tills and have made
    Litterbugs.
    People with unruly children who seem to think their bellowing little shitmonster is somehow charming
    People who unclip their seatbelt on a plane the nanosecond the light goes off.
    People who board a plane then spend more than 12 seconds getting into their seat - sadly, somehow these individuals always get on first.
    Fans of big clubs that they have no connection to, who never go to games and then laugh at you when you tell them who you support.
    Anyone getting a balance or ministatement or basically doing anything at a cash point that is not £100 no receipt.
    Intolerant people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    People being people

people.
  • Options
    Buy a loaf of bread ...... and every feckin slice has a dirty great hole in it. Grrrr!