Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Take That ( head raised above parapet ) Help on travel

Ive drawn the short straw and have to take my youngest to wembley sunday week to see Take That.

On the good side there will be shed load of yummy mums and older to look at so its not all bad what is ..apart from having to listen to them is getting home

some guys at work have given me various advise like walk for miles to a car park and drive , walk to wembley park , drive round m25 park in travel from north etc etc..

any seasoned wembley visiters got this down to a tee ie how to get out of there the quickest

Cheers i hope fingers crossed i dont have to drive.............. as a gallon of lager should numb the pain....

Comments

• Options
    No idea mate - but congratulations on coming-out on here! Very brave

:-)
  • Options
    Tube to Wembley Park then walk....don't even attempt to drive.
  • Options
    If you are from Dartford, consider driving (or getting a lift) to North Greenwich tube then get the jubillee line all the way, takes about 40-45mins.
    When I went to see Metallica a few years back, we were back home in Bexleyheath by 11.30 and only took just over 1hr 15 to get back...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]If you are from Dartford, consider driving (or getting a lift) to North Greenwich tube then get the jubillee line all the way, takes about 40-45mins.
    When I went to see Metallica a few years back, we were back home in Bexleyheath by 11.30 and only took just over 1hr 15 to get back...

Dont fancy Take that then Jonny?
  • Options
    any idea of a rough time to take from Wembley and onto the underground? is it like manic trying to get back on the tube at wembley park?
    I am going to take that on wednesday night... (similar situation to dartfordgent) i can just see us missing the last train home from Charing Cross....
  • Options
    phew glad im not the only one BFP still trying to get out of it ! but worth a shed load of stars on the old chart for next season
  • Options
    I hope that you receive a million brownie points from the Mrs - it sounds like a day from hell!
  • Options
    Be aware the Jubilee line is shut on Sunday 5 July. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=11
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]If you are from Dartford, consider driving (or getting a lift) to North Greenwich tube then get the jubillee line all the way, takes about 40-45mins.

Dont fancy Take that then Jonny?

I got dragged to Take That by the ex-wife a few years back...and ahem cough Westlife :-~
  • Options
    With Jubilee shut you can still get Metropolitan line and change at Baker street to get to charing cross... The only problem you'll have is getting in to the tube from Wembley after the gig - wembley way gets packed and they hold you there so you can all get on the tube safely...not sure how young the kids you'll be with are, but can be a bit 'much' as it is quite a squeeze and also they may be knackered and just wanting to get home...

There is parking with quick exit routes at wembley that you can pre-book - no idea how much it costs, but if you're worried about how the kids will be at the end of the gig, might be better just to get them in the car - at least you can 'manage them' easier..nothing worse than being on a packed tube with tired kids...

Happy to admit that I'm going on the Saturday night - am working, but really want to go as they are a great act to see... Not so happy to admit that I was at Boyzone at O2 on Mon (also working) which was dreadful.... AC/DC at Wembley this Friday (again working)....two extremes in one week....

Good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you aren't in any rush to get back pop into the chinese opposite Wembley, if you go to the door tell the bouncer you are popping upstairs for a drink there is practically an empty bar up there and you can stay there for a while then stroll down Wembley way and jump on an empty tube. Although I'm guessing this isn't really an option if you have a young'un with you but handy to keep in mind for anyone else heading up there.
  • Options
    Hi CC,
    see as you are in the know regarding working there, any idea what time the concert would roughly finish on the 1st at Wembley? trying to judge if we can make it back to Charing cross for the last train 0018 i think, bit worried about the holding back at the station and we are on level 5 as well.... thanks
  • Options
    Hello Pete - Take That on at 20.45 due to finish at 22.30pm...obviously there's always a bit of give and take...

Support acts on 18.30 and 19.30 if you are there early...
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Take that, true quality. My cousin went to one of their gigs last year, he said he has never seen so many fit young hotties in the same place at the same time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Nothing wrong with Take that, true quality. My cousin went to one of their gigs last year, he said he has never seen so many fit young hotties in the same place at the same time.

I'm with you there, saw them at the O2 last year - quality night out and as you say...plenty of eye candy !
  • Options
    looks like it could be a good night thought there would be a few yummies..........................and young hotties may just have mum or nan in toe

looks a bit sporty to make last train so may have to bolt early
  • Options
    if you come off the north circular and follow the signs for wembley it takes you through an industrial park, you can park outside most units for between 10-15 quid and they bring you out right on the road before those in the wembley carparks

thats where i park and it saves ages
  • Options
    The best boy band bar none, would like see them myself.
    Like others have said "jump on the tube" dont drive and try the Sports bar across the road for a drink after, you can always get served in there you just need a little "Patience" ;)
  • Options
    get a Taxi mate. Sure there's a cabbie on here who'd give you a good price :-)))
  • Options
    Take the overground train from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    taxi from Wembley to 7oaks?
  • Options
    Pupped out booked into Travelodge as also need to be up X Cross at 7.30 next day so she can get her head down as i hit the bar thanks for tube trips will follow