Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commentary Tonight: Makes Harsh Listening

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I've debated about putting this up, as I'm not sure it'll help matters much. But it was broadcast across the capital and, as a site about and for Charlton fans, this is part of what we're all feeling (whether we boo or not) and it should be up for discussion.

A note of caution, first. With the emotional and financial investment we put into the Club we have a right to be thoroughly angry with what is going on and, of course, in the heat of the moment, some of that is going to spill over into personal attacks on those involved, whether deserved or not. But, I don't care for much of the personal attacks on Les Reed (or Murray or Varney) in other Discussions, so I hope this doesn't attract that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against criticism. We know they care about the Club and have as much invested in it as do we. We're not dealing with a Jordan, Glazier or a Shepperd. We need to build on that in these crisis times, as we have done in the past. So, in setting about dealing with this, let's not lash out at those that actually have the ability and desire to set this Club right. Critisism yes, but personal attacks I think are better left out of it (many of the players excepted!).

Commentator rips into Charlton and Fans Boo Reed

Comments

• Options
    I think this'll still be ringing in Reed's ears in the morning. If he's blanked the press tonight, I've a feeling he might go tomorrow.

It's a mad hunch, and a mad hunch alone, but I think this has to be the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Agreed Inspector; how on earth can you pick a team and take them to Middlesbrough on Saturday after being in charge of that tonight. Anybody with an ounce of self respect would walk away now.
  • Options
    Intresting listening, I was already a few minutes away by that time but could still hear the boo's from the ground.

I just fell we are in a desperate situation that is of the boards making, it is not like we are back in the 60/70's with the Gliksteins not caring.

Now Dowie's removal looks like the mistake when he was removed, appointing him in the first place was.

Les Reed should walk, I posted the oter day it is a bit like Sunderland's implosion ac ouple of years ago, when they appointed Wilko.

Wilko didn't walk from them.

As has been said elsewhere lets get a football manager in charge...
  • Options
    LoOkOut- i'm just back from the match- i'm pi$$ed an also Pi$$ed off. I left 10 mins before the end ( a first i can tell you!) cos frankly- 1/ i didn't give a flying ???? about the result- i just wanted to see my team perform- but 2ndly- i really didn't want to be forced whether to boo or not-

I doth my cap to those in the north upper who tried to keep things going- i understand the frustrations of everyone- I hate personal attacks- but something has to change!

Now is a hard time to be a charlton fan!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Didn't go - planned for extra time and penalties - which if they happened would have made it impossible to get back into town for the overnight coach. Glad I didn't waste money watching those stupid muppets. I think Les Reed is a good choice of manager. But then again I was told that managers are there to keep things ticking over until the inevitable fate is sealed. It will take someone with real leadership skills (which is what we clearly need) to get us out of the mess we are in.