Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

British and Irish Lions

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?

A typical british performance, win when the rubber is dead

Yeah but the Saffers f**king hated it and seeing the Nazi's so unhappy is worth it, typical British shitty comment from you though

As the Spitting Image song goes:

I've never met a nice South African
    And that's not bloody surprising man
    'Cause they''re a bunch of arrogant bastards
    Who hate black people
    Bollocks. I've met dozens of them - you work in IT they're like a rash over here - but with a couple of exceptions I've never met a racist one. That includes Afrikaaners (like the two I work with today, and the one I worked with on my last contract, whose wife is a British born black woman of caribbean parentage) Your sweeping generalisation might have been true twenty years ago, but I don't think it is today.

The thing I have with SAffers is that you can never beat them - you can only score more runs/tries/goals (depending on the sport you are discussing), so I can't help but take pleasure when a sportsteam (any sportsteam) hands their arses back to them on a plate.

Even this week the SA coach Peter de Villiers bizarrely was publically defending Schalk Burger's gouging of Luke Fitzgerald. An act that should have seen Burger red-carded, not sin-binned and IMO there should be no question with his suspension, the only person who has a problem with it is de Villiers. Also today the SA team wore white armbands. Why? Because they felt that the suspension handed down to Bakkies Botha for illegally charging Adam Jones and dislocating his shoulder in last week's Test was somehow "unfair", an act of thuggery that most sensible people would condemn, but not the SA rugby team who had the sheer lack of class to then rub it in the face of Adam Jone's team-mates.

I too know plenty of nice South Africans - but get them on a sports field and it's evident that some of the arrogance apparent under apartheid still lives.

Still I'm pleased to know there are some nice Saffers who work in IT.
  • I assumed the armbands were some political statement, but it was over that!!!! F' me they are more pathetic than Aussies! They get away with murder, and then whinge anyway? How dare they moan about us.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?

A typical british performance, win when the rubber is dead

Yeah but the Saffers f**king hated it and seeing the Nazi's so unhappy is worth it, typical British shitty comment from you though

As the Spitting Image song goes:

I've never met a nice South African
    And that's not bloody surprising man
    'Cause they''re a bunch of arrogant bastards
    Who hate black people
    Bollocks. I've met dozens of them - you work in IT they're like a rash over here - but with a couple of exceptions I've never met a racist one. That includes Afrikaaners (like the two I work with today, and the one I worked with on my last contract, whose wife is a British born black woman of caribbean parentage) Your sweeping generalisation might have been true twenty years ago, but I don't think it is today.
    I work in the healthcare industry and I can assure you South African racism is alive and well from both Blacks and Whites...

Back on topic, a Great win for the Brits and the couple of token Irish...
  • Sorry, but I'm wondering why its a "Typical British shitty comment from (me) though" ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sorry, but I'm wondering why its a "Typical British shitty comment from (me) though" ?

P...Looking back at the thread I think it was Kap10 who made that comment............ not you.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sorry, but I'm wondering why its a "Typical British shitty comment from (me) though" ?[/quote]

P...Looking back at the thread I think it was Kap10 who made that comment............ not you.[/quote]

Think you're right.......
    My Bad !!

Sorry...
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I assumed the armbands were some political statement, but it was over that!!!! F' me they are more pathetic than Aussies! They get away with murder, and then whinge anyway? How dare they moan about us.

charged with misconduct
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I assumed the armbands were some political statement, but it was over that!!!! F' me they are more pathetic than Aussies! They get away with murder, and then whinge anyway? How dare they moan about us.

charged with disrepute

Really pleased and hope they throw the book at all of them.