Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

British and Irish Lions

Comments

• Options
    19-6 Lions,
    61 mins.......
  • Options
    Jeez..........that was quick !!

19-15 Lions lead, but they look out on their feet.
    17 mins left.
  • Options
    22-18 Lions,
    10 mins left.
    Had to change most of the team 'cause of injuries........
  • Options
    Is the Line "IN or OUT" in Rugby ?

25-22 SA lead
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Is the Line "IN or OUT" in Rugby ?

25-22 SA lead

Out but it had to be clear to not award the try.
  • Options
    25-25. Squeaky bum time
  • Options
    Brilliant !!!
    What a Kick !!!!

25-25

2 mins left
  • Options
    uh oh
  • Options
    He'll nail this!!
  • Options
    Lucky buggers. Just so lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B'stard !!
    Bloody great game tho.....!!
  • Options
    Well only another decade till we can get revenge!
  • Options
    Excellent kick to win the series for South Africa.

After a very good 1st half injuries hit the Lions hard and they could not cope wih the pressure.

South Africa were lucky not to have a man sent off early on however.
  • Options
    Ronan O'Gara is a idiot, but then the Nazi's should have been down to 14 in the first minute
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Ronan O'Gara is a idiot, but then the Nazi's should have been down to 14 in the first minute

Are u kidding me??? Sheridan is the biggest clown out there, couldn't control himself and cost them the try when he punched the SA in the balls!
  • Options
    Lets not talk about O'Gara contribution on the last try, made him look like Lomu
  • Options
    A great performance by both teams and the refereeing was more consistent this week, but...Schalk Burger should have been red-carded for gouging in the first minute, that's as clear a sending-off as you'll see and he'll be lucky not to get cited and suspended for the third Test and some time after.

I'll forgive O'Gara for tackling du Preez in the last minute, he was clearly concussed and shouldn't have been on the field. Equally bad was the kick on the stroke of half-time that gave SA three points and a chance to get back into the match, that too was a careless penalty to give away.

Stehen Jones's kicking was immense, it took real nerve to land that last penalty and at full-back Tom Kearney was virtually faultless and ran a lot of possession back. Simon Shaw locked the scrum well and cleaned up a lot of loose ball.

Adam Jones out-scrummed Mtawarira.

Overall SA were a bit sharper as the game wore on - the tries scored by Pietersen and Habana were stoppable but they were quick with the ball in the hand and the last SA try should have been disallowed, his foot slif into touch. I don't see the point of video-refs if they aren't going to make those sort of decisions. Thinking back to the WC Final England were denied a try when there was doubt over a similar incident. It seems you lose some, and you lose some more...

So near and so far, immense game of rugby I'm wondering who's able to play next week - Alan Jones, O'Driscoll, Gethin Jenkins, O'Gara, Roberts all went off injured, or looked to be carrying injuries.
  • Options
    I know very litlle about rugby but like to cheer on Englad in the 6 Nations and World Cup and watched a bit of the game today........thought the Lions very unluckty and felt teh ref was a "homer". pen kicks on the stroke of both half time and full time ..hmmm
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]and at full-back Tom Kearney was virtually faultless

lol, or even Rob Kearney!! Keep up BFR
  • Options
    Wasn't the video Ref the same bloke as the one in the World Cup final. An Aussie. No cheating there then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schalk Burger & Bakkies Botha have both suspended for the last Test (and some after), hopefully we'll have some fit players left though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Schalk Burger & Bakkies Botha have both suspended for the last Test (and some after), hopefully we'll have some fit players left though...

As they said in one of the papers Botha is suspended for 2 weeks, hardly much really when you consider how long Jones will be out injured for.
  • Options
    Looking good for the Lions to get a consolation win at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Schalk Burger & Bakkies Botha have both suspended for the last Test (and some after), hopefully we'll have some fit players left though...

As they said in one of the papers Botha is suspended for 2 weeks, hardly much really when you consider how long Jones will be out injured for.

Jones will be out for six months.
  • Options
    28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?[/quote]

A typical british performance, win when the rubber is dead
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?

Yeah but the Saffers f**king hated it and seeing the Nazi's so unhappy is worth it, typical British shitty comment from you though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?

Yeah but the Saffers f**king hated it and seeing the Nazi's so unhappy is worth it, typical British shitty comment from you though

As the Spitting Image song goes:

I've never met a nice South African
    And that's not bloody surprising man
    'Cause they''re a bunch of arrogant bastards
    Who hate black people
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]28-9,
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?[/quote]

A typical british performance, win when the rubber is dead[/quote]

Yeah but the Saffers f**king hated it and seeing the Nazi's so unhappy is worth it, typical British shitty comment from you though[/quote]

??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    2 mins left.

Do we win on aggregate ?

As the Spitting Image song goes:

I've never met a nice South African
    And that's not bloody surprising man
    'Cause they''re a bunch of arrogant bastards
    Who hate black people
    Bollocks. I've met dozens of them - you work in IT they're like a rash over here - but with a couple of exceptions I've never met a racist one. That includes Afrikaaners (like the two I work with today, and the one I worked with on my last contract, whose wife is a British born black woman of caribbean parentage) Your sweeping generalisation might have been true twenty years ago, but I don't think it is today.