Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the board

the board cannot expect fans to put up with these sorts of performances. if they do then i bring into question their knowledge of where charlton have came from.
this hurts more than when we were languishing, skint, year in year out in the bottom half of the second tier.
why? i don't know, maybe we thought we had nothing to lose as we knew no better and all we looked forward to each season was a decent 3rd round fa cup draw.
we did have some things to lose without realising it, our ground, identity, and a generation of supporters.
the reason this hurts more is this is the first time since we left the valley that i think we are going backwards, and fast.
sure there were dark days at sellout park but we got promoted and spent 4 years in the top flight, something i never thought i'd see as a kid, after that we concentrated on getting away from noades grasp and eventually back to the valley.
we as a club continued to get bigger and then 6 months ago, the one important personel change they have had to make in 15 years they have made our club laughable.
i don't blame dowie, and i feel desparately for reed as he was part of the clubs rise and at 53, this may have been (probably is) his only chance at being a no.1. in my opinion the blame lays in the boardroom.

Comments

• Options
    agree with 99% PBS, but i don't tihnk anyone involved in the last three years can be absolved of blame, Curbishley, Dowie, the board, Reed, the fitness team and the players.

Some's weight are obviously greater than others, but Curbs accumulated half the dross we currently have, Dowie in a short space of time has added Faye, Traore and Diawara to that list, Reed has accelerated the process and some senior professionals should not be able to look in the mirror without looking ashamed.

As for the board, we don't know the truth, so their portion of the blame is unknown. Of course, by keeping quiet on the truth, then it is only to be expected that supporters will escalate their portion.
  • Options
    The board have to be made fully aware of the "ill feeling" going around at the moment.

Defeat on Saturday (99% certain) should lead to some sort of backlash (not a riot or anything stupid, just a protest of some sort) at the Fulham game. Enough is enough.

The first couple of massive management decisions that they've had to make in 15 years.. and they've cocked them both up.

"Trust us" No. Fuck off.
  • Options
    One of the things my mate(poor bloke I just had a right go at him cause its all getting a bit much) said... was Curbs was so influential that he controlled EVERY aspect of the club, every aspect! so the fact that we split it up and then delegated all kinds of responsibility you lose the BOSS type figure who can have a look, or a go, and get the fear thing going on to keep everyone in check or sit everyone down and deliver a you bunch are a total F***** discrace type spray!!!! I think fro Reed to go in there and give it the hairdryer.. no one would give a shit...... The Players dont CARE .......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agree with 99% PBS, .

that'll do for me AFKA.

can someone please post a joke, (no not a you tube of tonights game).