Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£80m bid for Ronaldo accepted by Man United

From real madrid.... breaking news on sky

Comments

• Thats 100 Clive Mendoncas
  • Not on the OS yet so don't believe it : - 0

Madrid certainly flashing the cash this summer. Can't think Man Utd fans will be happy but Fergie has got rid of big names (Stam, Van Nis) before.
  • Dam i thought this would have been our first signing
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Dam i thought this would have been our first signing

Be serious. That was never likely.

I think we'll be looking at some of the Real players pushed out of the team by Kaka and Ronny : - ).
  • Interesting to note that the Man Utd statement does say they accepted the bid after the player "once again expressed his desire to leave".

£80m for a player who doesn't really want to be there isn't bad going.

If United can get Ribery for £40-50m then they'll have done well out of it.

How do Real get all their money?! £136m on 2 players!!
  • Ribery & Benzema to United then
  • Is Ribery worth 40m ?
    Dont watch the Bundesliga but is he that good?
  • If Kaka's worth £56m then I don't think Ronaldo's worth £80m.

Perhaps this could be the start of the end of English dominance in the champions league? Must be good news for the 'other' premiership clubs.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Is Ribery worth 40m ?

Is any player worth £40m though? It's stupid money.

But yeah he is a brilliant player.
  • Helps pay the interest payments on the debt
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Dam i thought this would have been our first signing[/quote]

Be serious. That was never likely.

I think we'll be looking at some of the Real players pushed out of the team by Kaka and Ronny : - ).[/quote]

Very true i hope the club are already in talks with the players concerned and knowing how quick we are in the transfer market i expect the signings to be on the OS by llunchtime
  • I think they will be front runners in the race for Sam now!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

They seem to have done some deal with the council I think to sell there training ground for 300m (which is not nearly worth that) and lease it back for next to nothing. Which is why they're suddenly loaded!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Is Ribery worth 40m ?

Is any player worth £40m though? It's stupid money.

But yeah he is a brilliant player.
    If he can bring over £40m to a club than it's not stupid money. Although the fact that a player could bring that much to a club when the likes of Accrington Stanley could go under for having a £300k debt is very stupid.

Ribery is a class player.
  • The Royals back them don't they?

No not Mr Madjeski....
  • HES NO SUPER DEON BURTON THOUGH EH!
  • The good news is that UK TV commentators won't now be having orgasms on air every time they mention his name.
  • ronaldo is a twat but he was definitely worth watching
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

They seem to have done some deal with the council I think to sell there training ground for 300m (which is not nearly worth that) and lease it back for next to nothing. Which is why they're suddenly loaded!

I thought that was a few years ago and done to bail them out back then because they were so in debt. This is all new money i think. And it doesn't stop there either. They're rumoured to be singing David Villa for £35m and are after Alonso as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]ronaldo is a twat but he was definitely worth watching
    His football yes but not the close-ups of him brooding and puffing his chest out before a free kick, or the mock angst every time he misses a chance, or the disbelief that the ref thought he dived

Need I go on?
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as he is a cheating, diving fairy, he is one of the few players worth paying the high prices to see.

Fergie is no fool and always knows when to cash in. £80 Million is fantastic money.

He can afford to make an offer for Kelly Youga now.
  • Which Charlton Player was once the most expensive player in the World.

And it's not Amdy Faye!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Which Charlton Player was once the most expensive player in the World.

And it's not Amdy Faye!

Simonsen?
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Which Charlton Player was once the most expensive player in the World.

And it's not Amdy Faye!

Simonsen?

Nope.
  • Di Canio?
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Di Canio?

No!
  • Lee Cook?
  • Eddie Firmani?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Lee Cook?

Close but no cigar
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Eddie Firmani?

Record UK transfer at the time (£35,000) but not world. Right era.