Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Curbishley

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
I've had a funny feeling in my water, for about a week now, that he's coming back. This is based on nothing other than the vagaries of my internal water works.

I mean where is he going to go? Jobs like Wigan and Sunderland come up and you think that'll be ideal for Curbs, although they may too to far North for his misses. However, he isn't even linked with such positions now. Jobs like Ipswich, QPR and Reading would all suit Curbs but he's barely mentioned in dispatches for those sort of jobs now. Surely QPR would have done much much better apointing Curbs than Magilton. I get the impression he's not even chasing these jobs. If he is waiting for a London PL job then he is basically now restricted to Fulham, where Hodgson is now firmly enconsed, or Spurs, where Redknapp is likewise. These jobs won't be vacant in the next two years imo. Chelsea, Arsenal - no chance, similarily his beloved 'Ammers.

So where is he going to go ? If Mowbray goes to Scottish Giants Celtic would they goes for Curbs ? All these jobs come and go and Curbs get's passed by.

As I say, just a feeling I have got but ...........

Comments

• Options
    He had 15 years unbroken in management thena six months or so break followed by a stressful couple of years at West Ham.

Other than Dario Gradi and Alex Ferguson I can't think of many managers who have worked to that level of intensity.

Curbs has made a bob or two out of the game so I reckon he is enjoying a deserved rest whilst waiting for a job he really wants.

I would love it (as Keegan might say) if that was with us!
  • Options
    i think you're water works need fine tuning.
  • Options
    Large

Have your waters ever told you anything else, or do they just work on Curb's?
  • Options
    Large, I recommend cranberry juice, or a trip to the GP's for some antibiotics. I reckon it's more likely that you've got cystitis than Curbs is coming back.
  • Options
    ha, ha, ha to all. I know it's irrational but it's just a feeling I have. We'll see.
  • Options
    can men get cystitis?
  • Options
    I think LargeAddick is right. Curbs will come back this summer. He will lead us to a record points tally in League 1 and repeat it the following year in the Championship. In the 2011-2012 season, we will play tedious football and come 7th. Gates will rise swiftly to fill the new 40,000 stadium, but he will get drummed out due to the boring style we play. In 2012-2013, we will be relegated with 7 points, but we look forward to the more refreshing football in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]can men get cystitis?

let's not go there, we don't know where it could lead.

In answer to the question though, I googled it and apparently they can. Know you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I think LargeAddick is right. Curbs will come back this summer. He will lead us to a record points tally in League 1 and repeat it the following year in the Championship. In the 2011-2012 season, we will play tedious football and come 7th. Gates will rise swiftly to fill the new 40,000 stadium, but he will get drummed out due to the boring style we play. In 2012-2013, we will be relegated with 7 points, but we look forward to the more refreshing football in the Championship.

love it love it;-)
  • Options
    That was the point Curb_It :-)
    Actually they can get it, but it's way more common in women, due to anatomical differences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Aye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I think LargeAddick is right. Curbs will come back this summer. He will lead us to a record points tally in League 1 and repeat it the following year in the Championship. In the 2011-2012 season, we will play tedious football and come 7th. Gates will rise swiftly to fill the new 40,000 stadium, but he will get drummed out due to the boring style we play. In 2012-2013, we will be relegated with 7 points, but we look forward to the more refreshing football in the Championship.

Are you Oooh Aah in disguise ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

love it love it;-)

Me too - that's funny!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

In answer to the question though, I googled it and apparently they can. Know you know.

I have had it and it is not exactly a pain in the arse!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

You can get really pissed off with it
  • Options
    Curbs 2 cystitus in 16 posts.
    ;-)
  • Options

Absolute fookin nightmare. I've had it on and off for about ten years. When I get it I can't sleep at all and spend most of the night on the bog in agony.
  • Options
    Curbs didnt like cystitus as it couldn't "also do a job at right back". . . . .

:o(
  • Options
    Is this what AFKA means by taking threads away from their original subjects?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Absolute fookin nightmare. I've had it on and off for about ten years. When I get it I can't sleep at all and spend most of the night on the bog in agony.

Had it once after coming off antibiotics, taken for a badly infected tear in my foot. When it starts you think this is weird I keep needing the bog and only doing a bit, then soon the pain starts. Eventually it feels like fire in the ol Urethra, like you are trying to push out a brick, and all you get is specks of blood. Marvellous.

Lots of orange juice helps though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The women often drink lots of Cranberry juice.

So I'm told.
  • Options
    bicarbonate of soda is better.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]bicarbonate of soda is better.

Did your old nan tell you that one?

It's the answer to everything.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The women often drink lots of Cranberry juice.

So I'm told.

Cranberry juice makes the bladder environment more alkaline which in turn makes it more difficult for bacteria in the bladder to thrive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]bicarbonate of soda is better.

Aren't you getting confused with natural yoghurt? ;-)
  • Options
    no im definitely not... now thats a whole different set of problems.

This has to be the worse turn of a thread ever!! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The women often drink lots of Cranberry juice.

So I'm told.

Cranberry juice makes the bladder environment more alkaline which in turn makes it more difficult for bacteria in the bladder to thrive.

Thank you, Doctor.

;o)
  • Options
    Ermmmm this is now getting distinctly lavatorial in content and we'll be discussing 'bits and parts' (language Timothy) before we know it................. can we sink this now pleeeeease!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Ermmmm this is now getting distinctly lavatorial in content and we'll be discussing 'bits and parts' (language Timothy) before we know it................. can we sink this now pleeeeease!

It's infectiously interesting ....... or perhaps bicarbonate of soda is better.

;o)
  • Options
    i blame ali wibble.