Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Kids debate,

Not being funny but with the kids not coming through anywhere, this will, In my opinion be the norm in the future.

Some of the african kids that are here are huge and some of them pass as under 11 but who knows their real age as many dont have passports? These lads take up a lot of the opportunities for 'home grown' kids with passports. Most of what scouts look for at 7/8/9/10 years of age is athleticsm and height, we will then coach them to play football.
The african lads that are coming through in their natural habaitat are mustard believe me. I watched an under16 Ivory Coast team play all of our local academy teams off the park. In 10 years time all teams will have a majority of black african players because their home countries are becoming more developed and they can get coaching on their doorstep, and if they are good enough we all know that Prem teams ship them in and set them up here as they have soccer schools in Africa already.
It is a bit disheartening for some of the lads at under 8/9/10 that are overlooked and I pressume it is even more disheartening when you are 17 and been at a club for 8/9 years to be told you are being released and your team bring in a new player from another country.
Pele got it right when he said an African team will win the world cup, albeit 20 years too late. Get your money on Ivory coast for the next world cup in S Africa!!!

Hope this reads alright and doesnt come accross as a racist post as that is not the intention. Excuse the punctuation and that but cant be rsed to check it.

Comments

• Options
    Why are the Africans producing good players? Is the something in the water or Hot Weather?
  • Options
    its because they dont have anything else to do, they don't go to school or have any form of education as a whole.

I know that is really stereotypical it is true.

All they do is play football, that is their life, similar to Brazil
  • Options
    Sounds Fantastic
  • Options
    "its because they dont have anything else to do, they don't go to school or have any form of education as a whole."

I am not sure that is quite true. Its a bit of a tougher existence than just standing there playing keepy ups all afternoon......................
  • Options
    I'd say it's partly down to natural athleticism and partly down to hunger, no pun intended.

Picking up on what WSS says, these days kids here would rather sit on their (fat) arses on the Playstation all day than actually get outside and do something. Not that much of a problem in Africa, by and large.

I also expect to see a lot more Chinese influence in coming years. They're slowly getting their fingers in just about every other pie going after all - and there's billions of em!!!
  • Options
    ha ha.

I was being very generalistic 1905 but you know what i mean...kind of
  • Options
    We have 15 black players and Arsenal have 16! Talking about this ealier!
  • Options
    Eh .... what's that got to do with anything???
  • Options
    sorry thought we were talking about african players, Im sure there are a few in there.