Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quality albums you've 'rediscovered' recently

Comments

• Not my usual cup of tea, but I have been listening to Upstairs at Eric's by Yazoo.
  • Agree with Seth that the Macgarrigles 1st album is great.

Recently bought the remastered, 'The Confessions of Dr Dream' by Kevin Ayers. I am staggered by how good it is. One of the extra tracks, a BBC version of 'Stop this Train' has Ollie Halshaw kicking up a storm on lead guitar. What a genius he was. Fantastic stuff.
  • 'Old Fart' time again. Lately I have been listening to Eddie Cochran's 'Singing To My Baby', various Elvis, The Hollies, and the Animals. Also 'Dream of the West by the Outlaws, great twangy guitar stuff. That's it, you can carry on now!
  • Coincidently.... I started re listening to 'In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel' a truly rousing brilliant album that i cant now get out of my head.

My late night mellow listening has included North by Costello, hearing him play a lot of the tracks live recently has brought the album to life for me.

older stuff has included Road to Ruin J and B Martyn
  • edited June 2009
    Jimi - Axis Bold as love
    Nirvana - live in Amsterdam
    Aphex - Classics
    Osrichs - Watefall cities
    Morrissey - Vauxhall and I and Live at Earls Court (I was there and it was some show)
    Beck - Seachange & Midnite Vultures
  • Also Ive had Elliot Smiths New Moon album playing in my car its a feast of so many good songs.
  • Rhythm of Youth - Men Without Hats
  • Elliott Smith - love the Figure of 8 album, keep meaning to check out EIther/Or but forget, I'll add New Moon to th list!
  • 1991foxbasealphafront.jpg

The remastered version just re-released. Classic.
  • Linkin park - hybrid theory
    Newton Faulkner - hand made by robots

Not listened die a little while but found them bothghis week and they rock....hard
  • Sponsored links:

• Sonic Temple - The Cult
  • Blur - live at the buddokan - bought at beanos in croyden for 18 quid. Japanese inport - worth every penny
  • edited July 2009
    Therapy? - Troublegum
    Silverfish - Fat Axl
    Lush - Spooky
    Curve - Cuckoo
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
    The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome

Derek & Clive - Come Again
    Derek & Clive - Ad Nauseum

:-)

Read my mind!

LOL....funnily enough, the other half wont let me put derek & clive on in the car.

Always loved the Smiths & Morrissey, but Frankie album is one of my all time favourites, classic album, cant believe I picked it up in HMV for £3 a couple of years back.

I have a similar problem regarding Derek and Clive, any Cook and Moore is well worth a punt! The Smiths were a fantastic never to be equalled band, can't go wrong with anything by them. I agree also with FGTH, the Ballad of the 22!
    Even the album Liverpool was decent.

"Dolly, you've tested me all these years"
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Blur - live at the buddokan - bought at beanos in croyden for 18 quid. Japanese inport - worth every penny

Is Beanos still open. I heard it had closed.

Trenchtown mix up - the Gladiators

The Cream of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

Also been listening to the new Jack Penate disc and the wonderful Levon Helm's new one Electric Dirt. A must for all you Americana/Alt.country or just good music fans. You can stuff your fleet foxes
  • Caught a snip of Peter Gabriel live in Milan on TV recently so I dug out 'So'. Damn fine album.
  • Have been playing Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's self titled first album a lot lately

Also those Virgin Media adverts have made me dig out 'So Tonight I Might See' by Mazzy Star again
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Blur - live at the buddokan - bought at beanos in croyden for 18 quid. Japanese inport - worth every penny

Also been listening to the new Jack Penate disc and the wonderful Levon Helm's new one Electric Dirt. A must for all you Americana/Alt.country or just good music fans. You can stuff your fleet foxes
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Blur - live at the buddokan - bought at beanos in croyden for 18 quid. Japanese inport - worth every penny

it is closed I bought it in 1997. Just revisiting it after seeing blur on sunday live again.

You're wrong about fleet foxes, his voice is amazing.
  • Down by the jetty - Dr. Feelgood........Class
  • good voice but bland songs IMHO
  • Sponsored links:

• Suicide's first album

Entertainment! by Gang of Four
  • Rocks and Toys in the Attic which I'd never had on CD. Excellent.
  • OMG! Time - ELO. KB gave me this the other night after i heard 'Yours Truly' on his shuffling ipod. Am listening to it now (as the Quins are getting battered). I am transported back to the age of 11/12, waiting for him to go out so i can sneak into his room & listen to it. He laid a trap for me once, got caught red handed but it was worth it! 'Remember the good ol' 1980's when things were so uncomplicated'....I can't believe i remember every single word of every song! I struggle to remember what happened yesterday normally! Thanks Bruv for my happy memories of childhood x
  • After watching them on the box at Glastonbury I have had Blur’s Parklife album on this week.
  • Jackos greatest hits
  • 3+3......... Isley Brothers
  • Surfa Rosa - The Pixies
    Bug - Dinosaur Jr
    Veruca Salt - American Thighs (Lousie Post is still saucy as hell)
    Alien Sex Fiend - All Our Yesterdays
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]3+3......... Isley Brothers
    Awesome album. Damn - going to have to break out the old Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes and O'Jays and make it an all seventies-soul day now!
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Bug - Dinosaur Jr

Love Dinosaur JR - 'Where You Been' one of my personal favs
  • Wire - Chairs Missing
    Simpsons - Songs from the key of Springfield (Seriously!!).