Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If i was going to realistically bring back an old boy

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
It would be Andy Todd.

A position we desperately need. Organisationally sound, good positional sense, defends firstly and takes no prisoners. Also adaptable to 3 or 4 positions.

Not the only player ever to have a punch up on the training ground, but appears to have stayed out of trouble for the last two years. Hopefully has learnt from past mistakes.

I would see him as a good addition, and a realistic target.

Comments

• Ray Tracey.
  • edited December 2006
    You know this has the start a great start to a really positve CAFC thread.

Andy Todd is the breed of player we need at the club allbeit possibly until May- following on from other threads I'd add Danny Mills and Konch to the list of players who are still playing and could add real value to our squad and might have a point to prove and not be happy where they are.

Any other serious sugestions?????
  • In Fantasy world ..... Parker.....
  • I always liked Todd and thought him underrated at the Valley would be pleased to see him back, Mills if he came on a low wage would be OK and I see Konch played left midfield after Etherington went off yesterday would be happy to have him back if he has given up this I am a left back nonsense and is willing to play left/central midfield; otherwise as a left back he is no better than what we have.

We could bring back Kiely for next season for some competition for Myrhe.
  • shittu and turner may have got a look in now.
  • Kiely and Todd....pickwick... I dont think so...
  • I'd have a go at bringing in Todd, I believe he's out of favour at Blackburn and could come on loan.
  • Bang Bang.
  • If we bring back Todd then obviously we will need Kiely to spice things up on the training field.
  • Totally agree.

Preferably centre back once he's brushed up on his French :) or a bit of bite in midfield.

Think he will stay up north though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kevin Nicholls in the Middle
  • Konchesky..

Shittu..

Defoe..

Mills..

Todd..

Parker..

Jensen..
  • He did say realistically...
  • of those mentioned Shittu, Turner are not good enough. I'd agree with getting Todd back. Very under-rated in my opinion but we have Sorondo,Gibbs to try first and who knows one of them, Gibbs, may turn out to be great. Play Gibbs and Diawara v Wycombe and see if they can form a partnership. Nicholls would certainly add bite to midfield. Can't think of any other old boys who'd realistically come back and who are good enough.
  • Todd would be good - but why would Blackburn want to help us out?!
  • Mills....
  • Mills is an arse - but that said could be good for us - especially if we cashed in on Young in January ....... ah that is unlikely givne he is injured ....
  • Bowyer would have been my choice. Don't know if this would be realistic, probably not now that Curbishley has taken over.
  • Matt Tees.

Reckon he'd still do a job up front (if half what my old man tells me is true!)
  • edited December 2006
    i thought this thread was stressing on realism.
    the question should be which aforementioned players would realistically come to us?