Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie , The TRUTH

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
There has been a lot of rumour about what Dowie, did or didn't do to get sacked.
What exactly triggered the 'strate'gic review' that ended with Dowies' sacking ?

Comments

• Options
    it was to do with a mattesons pork sausage Darren ambrose and gumbos goat from what i heard carter has it all on his phone
  • Options
    They had a vote and all decided that they were sick of looking at his face that resembled a baboons rear?
  • Options
    Who was at fault?

I might be wrong but in his 15 games in charge he had the "abysmal" record of 1 loss in his last 6 games. i would love to know why he was sacked at precisely this point. as far as i can see it was not down to results or performances because apart from maybe 2 or 3 games since i aint really seen any better!

so who was at fault? the board for employing him?
    dowie for taking the job?
    or the board for sacking him?
  • Options
    its never been made clear. it's about time it was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]its never been made clear. it's about time it was.

it never will unless he carries out his 'threat' to take us to court but seeing as he is onto a sure fire loss there he won't.
  • Options
    It wasn't down to results (or at least it was more than just results). Would really like to know why, but will we ever find out?
  • Options
    something to do with Newcastle, a run, his home and his brother.

piece it together witha few fine threads and it all adds up.

but shhh..........no-one is allowed to know.
  • Options
    on a serious note it doesnt really matter why too much water has passed under the bridge
  • Options
    There are a lot of ugly rumours around.................................................................I'll get me coat!
  • Options
    He came from Palace....enuf said!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]on a serious note it doesnt really matter why too much water has passed under the bridge

It's pretty much what started this horrible run we find ourselves in, I think fans are entitled to know why arguably the best manager we've had (that should show how bad things have been) since curbs was sacked.

Surely that fact that that imbecile Parkinson is still in a job shows that decisions are not made on results.
  • Options
    There's lot's of mistakes the chairmen have made but when you take a step back they made with the club's best interests at heart; even the ones I vehemently opposed.

But the aftermath of the Dowie sacking is the only pathetic, unquestionably low, lieing dirty move I know. The politics between board, Les Reed, his 'review' and Dowie whilst lieing to us about Reed's long term appointement was unacceptable. Then to leak the most pathetic claims about Dowie and 'that run' in Newcastle was pathetic and dirty. Either make a statement via the press or courts, but don't leak to the gutter press. Unfortunately this bumbled approach, lack of clarity in approach, lack of astutness in contract and transfer fees was only to be repeated re Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]lack of astutness in contract and transfer fees was only to be repeated re Pardew.

Followed by much of the same with Parkinson.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]on a serious note it doesnt really matter why too much water has passed under the bridge[/quote]

It's pretty much what started this horrible run we find ourselves in, I think fans are entitled to know why arguably the best manager we've had (that should show how bad things have been) since curbs was sacked.

Surely that fact that that imbecile Parkinson is still in a job shows that decisions are not made on results.[/quote]

That is exactly my point. The spiral down began with Dowie... One has to question just why
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]something to do with Newcastle, a run, his home and his brother.

but shhh..........no-one is allowed to know.[/quote]

A Run ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]on a serious note it doesnt really matter why too much water has passed under the bridge

Surely that fact that that imbecile Parkinson is still in a job shows that decisions are not made on results.

That is exactly my point. The spiral down began with Dowie... One has to question just why

I think the decline was apparent before Dowie was appointed, it only really became visible during and after his tenure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]something to do with Newcastle, a run, his home and his brother.

You can also add that they couldn't even find him, to sack him, on a day that Reed did the training. Dowie was AWOL, and it wasn't the first time, apparently.

His horrible buys, which have a dodgy stench about them, also didn't help his cause.

Now how Parkinson remains manager is another question ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]its never been made clear. it's about time it was.

it never will unless he carries out his 'threat' to take us to court but seeing as he is onto a sure fire loss there he won't.

He is.

He isn't.

He will.
  • Options
    Heard from a very reliable source it was totally football unrelated. Think Columbia and other activities not appropriate for a married man....alledgedly (in case the two faced useless tosser is reading).
  • Options
    Thing is, if it really was shenanigans that got Dowie the boot, why the hell did the board later appoint Pardew (whose shenanigans while at West Ham are the stuff of legend). Idiots. Really, we have one of the most cretinous boards in football, and we have been numpties to have put up with them for so long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Thing is, if it really was shenanigans that got Dowie the boot, why the hell did the board later appoint Pardew (whose shenanigans while at West Ham are the stuff of legend). Idiots. Really, we have one of the most cretinous boards in football, and we have been numpties to have put up with them for so long.

We have some cretinous posters too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]something to do with Newcastle, a run, his home and his brother.

A Run ???

The alleged reasons for Dowie being sacked have been done to death on here over the years. I can't be bothered to repeat them and start it all up again. Why don't you search under Dowie and you will see for yourself,as it's all here already?

NB Agree with Soundasa£, Comment by floydandharvey is pathetic and you surely must know that if you've ever met Richard Murray.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]something to do with Newcastle, a run, his home and his brother.

but shhh..........no-one is allowed to know.[/quote]

A Run ???[/quote]

Nelsenout, this is the article that The Sun published at the time about the rumours:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article77357.ece

If it's all true, then footballing reasons/performances aside Dowie clearly wasn't taking the job seriously & surely had to go. End of.
  • Options
    Have to say I think this is not the only 'farce' that the club have indulged in over the past few season's, my concern was the money he blew on the players he bought, or were bought for him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Dowie is taking us to court over our not paying his legal fees in his case he lost against Simon Jordan when he says that we agreed to.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dowie getting the hump over broken agreements about defending him in court over a broken agreement. Classy bloke.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think the decline was apparent before Dowie was appointed, it only really became visible during and after his tenure.

He was brought in to stop that 'decline' & failed with poor signings & a crappy attitude.
  • Options
    Didn't dowie try to play a game of quick cricket for team bonding?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Didn't dowie try to play a game of quick cricket for team bonding?
    Didn't try, did.
  • Options
    Off subject,Sorry.....
    What IS "Quick Cricket" & "French Cricket" ?