Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Gillingham

They really are looking forward to there cup final next season. Expect caravans galore next season polluting Charlton.

Pikeys Are Us.Com

Caravan FC

Also according to them, Stimson's been linked with Charlton managerial post.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I have noticed them all coming out of the woodwork too, some ungrateful turds even appearing on here with some percieved gripe against us from years ago (so important that it has only just been mentioned). On some of the abandoned Charlton forums they gather up- mainly Gillingham but some Palace fans too, having digs at Charlton but strangely no Charlton fans are there and yet still they come out with drivel, like drunks shouting at car's on a motorway (no one hears the bollocks they shout). The level of debate is akin to several chavs sniffing petrol from a tin and barely rises to the dizzying heights of sub-human scum. I reiterate that Gillingham are just another team to be overcome in our battle to get back to the top, for them it is as you say-their cup final.
  • Options
    I heard the Stimson rumour a couple of weeks back from my old man.
  • Options
    I've never met a well informed Gillingham fan. I couldn't believe the stick they gave Stimson, or indeed Jepson who kept them up when they were utterly doomed to relegation two seasons ago. Then Adam Miller, who has some talent, but more importantly works crazily hard got bagfulls of stick from the Gillingham 'faithful'.

I'll always remember when Maidstone were about to get promoted and I'd happily tell all Gillingham fans that Mark Beeney (who'd played for them), Warren Barton, Steve Butler and Mark Gall would piss all over them. Not one of them had a clue about any of the players, who played for a team who were their closest rivals and played 15 miles away at Dartford. Shocking.

So in those terms it's no surprise that many of their supporters have no clue what Charlton fans raised for them in their time of need.
  • Options
    Well said Colin.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I've never met a well informed Gillingham fan. I couldn't believe the stick they gave Stimson, or indeed Jepson who kept them up when they were utterly doomed to relegation two seasons ago. Then Adam Miller, who has some talent, but more importantly works crazily hard got bagfulls of stick from the Gillingham 'faithful'.

I'll always remember when Maidstone were about to get promoted and I'd happily tell all Gillingham fans that Mark Beeney (who'd played for them), Warren Barton, Steve Butler and Mark Gall would piss all over them. Not one of them had a clue about any of the players, who played for a team who were their closest rivals and played 15 miles away at Dartford. Shocking.

So in those terms it's no surprise that many of their supporters have no clue what Charlton fans raised for them in their time of need.[/quote]

How smug, arrrogant and plain wrong can you be?
    For starters, Jepson did not keep Gillingham up. Stan Ternant nearly saved us in the chapionship but a long range goal by Eugene Bopp at Forest with a few minutes to go sent us down on goal differnce just when it seemed that we would obtain the point we needed. Jepson was only Ternant's side kick and he took the reigns on his own the very next year with disastrous effect. He was fired because he was continaully in the pub (by all accounts) and under his 'stewardship' we had players who copied him by being out on the lash and the team dropped down the table with regular 3-0 4-0 beatings and several poor consecutive runs of defeats. We just got worse and worse under him and ,whatever shortfalls Scally does have, he is not quick to fire but even he got Jepson out pretty quickly.

Mark Stimson was given the job and he pretty much continued where Jepson left off (minus the drink problem). He had half a season to keep us up and we never looked like doing it - mainly because we had a complete new team of non leagers like Miller who simply couldn't adjust quickly enough. He took a gamble and it didn't pay off. So he hardly had a flying start with Gills by taking us down and he blamed internal dressing room strife and the previous players for the relegation which a lot of fans considered that to be a cop out for his own miscalculation of signing to many non league players. (Even though in truth the dressing room he inherited was a mess thanks to Jepson's poor signings). The start to this season was also not great with some drubbings (including the 7-0 by Shrewsbury). So, in all fairness, until Xmas time this year, Stimson's reign had not been going well and as per normal, there were many fans who got on his back. They are now quite rightly having to eat huge dollops of humble pie.

Adam Miller can be good on his day but he is also one of those marmite players who you love or hate because he is a pretty arrogant individual who tries silly flicks all the time and long shots from 30 yards when someone else was better placed. When it comes off its good - but when it doesn't ist dreadful and so he splist opinions. Towards the endof this season he was playing with a double hernia and was simply an immobile liability. Some people gave him credit for wanting to pay injured - but the majority thought it was a wrong thing to do because he became a passenger and you can't really have that in central midfield. He stuck two fingers up at a section of fans who groaned when he kept giving the ball away at Wycombe and that split fans opinions even more!! In the end, he was dropped and with a fit Stuart Lewis in the side covering every balde of grass we lost just once in the last 8 games.

With regards to Maidstone - many of us feared that they would give us a beating with Keith Peacock at the helm and a squad of some very good players. I could simply deny that you ever met a Gills fan who didn't know about how good that Maidstone team was in the same way that everyone on here denies the leaflet issue that I perosnally witnessed with a group of 6 other fans on our way along Gordon Road (home turnstiles - not away ones) but that would make me arrogant and ill informed too.
  • Options
    This is really odd....I dont ever look at other teams forums.....cant understand why other fans come on here to moan and bleat, that what your own site is for...

Anyway, Im off out into the wonderful Kent countryside to enjoy the evening sunshine....
  • Options
    Let me know if you see any possums there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]Let me know if you see any possums there.

Well, there are more possums in Kent than Jills fans........ so it's at least possible.
  • Options
    Gills are a no-mark club. Thats why no one takes any notice of them. Good on their fans for sticking by them but its really just jealousy that driver their hatred and short memories of all things CAFC
  • Options
    Anyone else now starting to think this game could have a better atmosphere than Millwall. After all, they 'don't care about us'...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No only moved and then grew up in Medway, did all my schooling there. Plenty of Gills fans at school, bumped into plenty of the most moronic Gills fans when I was travelling around the south east watching Welling & Maidstone in my youth. And yes nearly every Gillingham fan I met had no clue about the Maidstone side, and couldn't understand how a non-league team would be able to compete; quite apart from the fact that Scarborough had done just that for a few years already.

Pretty much every Charlton fan I grew up with went to watch Gills, especially around 94-95 went to support Gills. I have no idea whether what you say about Charlton fans is true.... strange how it was never mentioned until Scally had to get a bit of media time. I've got mates who are Gills fans, I've been to plenty of games. At most grounds there are plenty of morons, but I've never met a bunch of supporters who are so singularly unaware of the wider football landscape and whilst not drunkenly mad like Burnley are just madly ignorant and idiotic with reference to the game. It didn't surprise me the puerile, lack of wit abuse that Peter Crouch received or that they couldn't recognise a player better than anything they'd had since Gavin Peacock.

Strange how you bang on about Jepson having a drink problem. I had a mate at uni who played in Huddersfield Town youth & reserves, and he always said Ronnie Jepson was one of the fittest and proffessional at the club. Now of course he could have gone bang on the boose as soon as he retired at 37, but he's hardly an Alan Brazil. Now that's about as anedoctal as your fine bit of proof.

Why I say he kept you up was because your first season in league one you're squad was doomed for relegation, it was an utter miracle that he organised you to just avoid the drop with such a poor squad. So it is no reference to your champ days. Just a reference to Scally idiotically signing two crocks in Johnson and Wallace at wages that part crippled you and meant there was less money for investment for many years. Bad signings and their repercussions we all understand. You were doomed for league two with the investment available at the time. You were lucky to get Stimson who made a competitive team with little money & wages compared to clubs like Bradford and Shrewsbury.

Miller maybe a marmite player, but even on off days he works bloody hard. As he played with a hernia that's for the good of the team, and also up to the manager. Considering the ammount of dross that has played for Gills over the years, a player who is committed and often effective is something to value. You support Gillingham, we support Charlton. Most Charlton fans accept we'll have limited footballers compared to our rivals, as long as the effort is there. For some reason Gillingham find it very hard to.

Anyways I wish Gillingham, Stimson and their football players well. I'll just continue not discussing the intricacies of football with the average Gillingham fan.
  • Options
    FAO kentisn'tblueandwhite - as you are once again banging on about those leaflets perhaps you could tell me what game they were handed out at. If it was the one that took place on 4th Aug 2001 then I can categorically say that they were only handed out at the away end, but I must say you've given me food for thought for the 2009/10 season ;-)
  • Options
    In his defence he sounds like he goes, even though the pikey shitebox knocked me last week for having the needle with plastic geeeeuuuls rubbing my face in their achievements last saturday MCS was with me down Rockester last Saturday and I pointed out boys that were all of a sudden Chelsea hardcore. They are the knobhead plastic local support that I do not like.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Gills are a no-mark club. Thats why no one takes any notice of them. Good on their fans for sticking by them but its really just jealousy that driver their hatred and short memories of all things CAFC

I wonder how many of their fans will stick with them once they see te season ticket prices at the Priestfield?

How much?
  • Options
    Jesus! Thats a lot considering the impact the current economic situation has had on sales of Lucky Heather.
  • Options
    Jesus! Thats a lot considering the impact the current economic situation has had on sales of Lucky Heather.
    ROFL!

Joke club shite fans.
  • Options
    That's a lot of money to watch them get spanked every week :)
  • Options
    To be fair Colin, he's answered your points pretty rationally. I wished a few of our own would back their opinions up with rationale, to be honest.
  • Options
    they're more expensive than ours?