Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Butterfield

Butters Transfer Listed

Not sure if this has been posted, but Butterfield has been transfer listed with 12 months left on his contract.

Thoughts? Personally, I can't see Murty (if he joins us) lasting 46 games for the season, he's been so injury prone. If we want to reduce player turnover as much as possible and keep the majority of the squad together, no doubt he could do a job for us in League 1. Shouldn't be much either.

Comments

• Butterfield...No thanks. I want either Yassin or Solly as our right back next season
  • Re your name - wasnt the team line up Young Fish Costa Fortune ?
    Oh, and dont want Butterbean
  • Doesn't fit into the username my man, wish it did though, what an awesome backline!
  • edited May 2009
    Yassin will leave I reckon. I don't trust Solly on the basis of seeing him for less than 90 minutes against a team that gave up after half an hour. Don't think he's ready. We can't even think of promotion or play offs if we just play the kids...
  • And he played at left back...
  • it's the ex palace people that got us into this mess, no need to recruit any more full time!

If we got Murty then him and Solly would be fine for us.
  • I don't see what Butterfield offers the team that makes him any better than Moo2 or Solly, so no point wasting money on him. If budgets are tight this year we need to make sure whoever we sign improves what is already there.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]Doesn't fit into the username my man, wish it did though, what an awesome backline![/quote]

Still got the hat!!
  • No chance, cant stand the c**t
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]No chance, cant stand the c**t

What he said
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd take him.

Poor opening game but did little else wrong IMO.

Apart from the fact he was at Palace.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd take him.

Agreed.
  • Agree with AFKA on this one!
  • crap---end of.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd take him.

Apart from the fact he was at Palace.[/quote]And tells three year olds he hasnt got time for charlton fan
  • He hates Palace apparently....
  • Solly and Murty (if Parky stays) will be a better bet IMHO.

Thought Butterfield did OK but nothing special.
  • If Semedo stays use him there, and give Solly a few games when we can.

Murty is better but then he's more injury prone.
  • Butterballs - no thanks, Murty - maybe. Keep Yassin !!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Murty - maybe. Keep Yassin !!

Wow Large I actually agree with you on those points above!

But AFKA's point still stands Butterfield had a poor first game and did nothing wrong from there - Only problem was he didn't do anything special either. He would do very well in league 1 but he'll go Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• can't agree, the bloke has been substandard for us in my view.
  • I don't want him or Semedo anywhere near our first team. They are far from the worst players we have in our first team but indicative of everything that is wrong about the modern footballer. Overpaid, hugely limited in talent, fit enough but with no presence.

When you look at someone like Graham Alexander and the money he earnt week in week out struggling to get the contracts he won, whilst Semedo probably got given that wage after proveing nothing in his career and deserving little past the national average wage. I want a right full back who is hungry for his wage, at whatever level that is.
  • That's a bit unfair on him is it not? Semedo's not on huge wages is he? I'm sure he's far from the lowest, but he's probably not one of our biggest earners.

I've always thought he works hard, seems to have a decent enough attitude, he just doesn't have that 'character' that someone like Nicky Bailey has (which often leads to him giving away silly free kicks).

He was good enough to come through the youth system at Sporting (fair enough he didn't play for their first team), played for Portugal u21s, gone out on loan a few times. Not really proven himself any less than a lot of other players.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd take him.

Apart from the fact he was at Palace.[/quote]
    Agreed.[/quote]

which people need to get over
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd take him.

Agreed.

which people need to get over

well they pick and choose as they feel it seems didn't see to many moaning at Powell, whyte, mortimer Humphrey and pardew as a player. when they came back back or orignially joined.

He played in side that knew they were down but only lost 1 in the last 8
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I don't want him or Semedo anywhere near our first team. They are far from the worst players we have in our first team but indicative of everything that is wrong about the modern footballer. Overpaid, hugely limited in talent, fit enough but with no presence.

When you look at someone like Graham Alexander and the money he earnt week in week out struggling to get the contracts he won, whilst Semedo probably got given that wage after proveing nothing in his career and deserving little past the national average wage. I want a right full back who is hungry for his wage, at whatever level that is.
    What has semedo done wrong this is very very Random!
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I don't want him or Semedo anywhere near our first team. They are far from the worst players we have in our first team but indicative of everything that is wrong about the modern footballer. Overpaid, hugely limited in talent, fit enough but with no presence.

I am staggered at this comment - absolutely astounded in fact

Semedo is a much much better player than he gets credit for and will be a key part of our midfield if he stays.

I truly wonder what game I am watching sometimes
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd take him.

Apart from the fact he was at Palace.[/quote]
    Agreed.[/quote]

which people need to get over[/quote]

well they pick and choose as they feel it seems didn't see to many moaning at Powell, whyte, mortimer Humphrey and pardew as a player. when they came back back or orignially joined.

He played in side that knew they were down but only lost 1 in the last 8[/quote]

Exactly
  • Very limited IMHO

He offers nothing going forward and is an average defender at best. Ok if you want to play for 0-0's, but no use otherwise.
  • Nothing to do with the Palace background.

BUT he is 30 or thereabouts and therefore likely to be at the higher end of the wage scale. Whilst he has been competent he has not been outstanding and thus does not justify pushing out the wages boat.

Semedo, Moutouakill or Solly are at least as capable as Butterfield in my view.

The one advantage Butterfield had was previous experience in a back 4 with Hudson and Ward. Given that it is highly probable neither of them will be with us come August the main reason for keeping Butterfield also disappears.