Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seems Pompey have just been bought out by arabs

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Arabs buying Pompey - whatever next

Haven't read it myself but aparently Pompey are the new Man City?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    The number 2 'must have' arabian fashion accessory is a football club.Still got a way to go though before it knocks the Gucci sandal into second place.
  • not exactly a done deal yet reading that report but Pompey do have huge debts
  • maybe they are buying us?

Not
  • Surely there are better clubs to invest in than Pompey? The ground is shit, the training ground is shit, sounds like they're in a bit of debt and alot of there team are getting on a bit.

I don't see the attraction?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Surely there are better clubs to invest in than Pompey? The ground is shit, the training ground is shit, sounds like they're in a bit of debt and alot of there team are getting on a bit.

I don't see the attraction?

Especially with Southampton just down the road.

nice stadium
    cracking youth setup
    cheaper as now in L1

does seem a strange one - without this I think Pompey will be dropping down a division or 2 in the next 5 years
  • So the Arab peeps that have just brought Pompey are from Dubai -----------------would this be the same Dubai that Zebeel come from ? the same Dubai who we were told wasnt allowing outside investment, therefore thats why Zebel with drew their offer ???????????????
  • GH, it wasn't that Dubai weren't allowing outside investment, just that Zabeel were choosing to concentrate their investments at home for the moment.
  • Not a done deal yet.About to enter a period of due dilligance(uh oh!) according to SSN.

And knowing pompey that's bound to throw up a few suprises.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Not a done deal yet.About to enter a period of due dilligance(uh oh!) according to SSN.

And knowing pompey that's bound to throw up a few suprises.

does a few surprises translate to "brown envelopes" in the past perhaps!

Good old Harry - gotta love him