Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Silence is deafening

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Anyone else find all this silence from the club a little annoying!

I want to hear more about the following:

The takeover - is anything happening?

The kits - will the be continued?

The Manager - will Parky stay or Go?

The players - who will we release? This can be announced anytime why not now to end the silence?

Is this annoying anyone else?

Comments

• No I find all the silence most reassuring, I never want the club to announce anything in the future again!
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]No I find all the silence most reassuring, I never want the club to announce anything in the future again!

Love it...great comment cfgs!
  • Just cant understand how silence can be deafening!!
  • yes Dazzler it is annoying the hell out of me too. The first we will hear that a player has been released is when it turns up on Newsnow that he has signed for X, Y or Z. It is getting very, very frustrating. Why an impending takeover would stop announcement of the released list I don't know.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yes Dazzler it is annoying the hell out of me too. The first we will hear that a player has been released is when it turns up on Newsnow that he has signed for X, Y or Z. It is getting very, very frustrating. Why an impending takeover would stop announcement of the released list I don't know.[/quote]

Because a new manager may not agree with who we currently may want to release?
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yes Dazzler it is annoying the hell out of me too. The first we will hear that a player has been released is when it turns up on Newsnow that he has signed for X, Y or Z. It is getting very, very frustrating. Why an impending takeover would stop announcement of the released list I don't know.

Because a new manager may not agree with who we currently may want to release?

as they are out of contract though they are hardly being released and most will walk anyway. At least your scenario suggests a change of Manager, a glimmer of hope to cling on to.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yes Dazzler it is annoying the hell out of me too. The first we will hear that a player has been released is when it turns up on Newsnow that he has signed for X, Y or Z. It is getting very, very frustrating. Why an impending takeover would stop announcement of the released list I don't know.[/quote]

Because a new manager may not agree with who we currently may want to release?[/quote]

as they are out of contract though they are hardly being released and most will walk anyway. At least your scenario suggests a change of Manager, a glimmer of hope to cling on to.[/quote]

Don't call it my scenario because I will soon be accused of spreading more rumours! Even those out of contract may be offered new deals under a new regime, so they are not entitled to look for a new club/sign a deal elsewhere until July or until we say bugger off. Or I could be mistaken
  • Good call CFGS - I think the silence is good because it leads me to believe something IS going on behind the scenes. I could be wrong, of course.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Good call CFGS - I think the silence is good because it leads me to believe something IS going on behind the scenes. I could be wrong, of course.[/quote]

Hope so, or it could be all the redundancies have created a power vacuum and noone knows who should make these decisions
  • Well we all know 'something' is going on....but with whom and whether or not it will come to fruition is another matter altogether.
  • Sponsored links:

• and therein lies the crux of the matter. If it drags on even another week and then goes tits we are behind the game.
  • for crying out loud moaning already FFS.

People are on holiday including players etc etc so you are not going to see any movement until middle of june.
  • end of the day it is very frustrating but i would rather the club dealt with all the major issues than take time out to release a statement because us fans are becoming impatient
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Even those out of contract may be offered new deals under a new regime, so they are not entitled to look for a new club/sign a deal elsewhere until July or until we say bugger off

They can start looking for a new contract 6 months before their current deal expires - I guess no one was up for offering Weaver or Todorov a contract !
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]The kits - will the be continued?

I know - when will we announce our new kit ! Most clubs play in there's on their last home game of the season to encourage sales, once again this looks like a good marketing oppertunity that we've missed.
  • The minutes of the most recent Fans' Forum meeting with the Club (Thursday 14th May) will be out shortly. Some of Dazzler's points were discussed.

As they say in the all the best Private Eye movies ............ "just gimme 24 hours".
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Even those out of contract may be offered new deals under a new regime, so they are not entitled to look for a new club/sign a deal elsewhere until July or until we say bugger off[/quote]

They can start looking for a new contract 6 months before their current deal expires - I guess no one was up for offering Weaver or Todorov a contract !

[quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]The kits - will the be continued?[/quote]

I know - when will we announce our new kit ! Most clubs play in there's on their last home game of the season to encourage sales, once again this looks like a good marketing oppertunity that we've missed.[/quote]

I thought the six month rule only applied if they moved country?

I am not moaning, like Dazzler I am nervously waiting but trust that the board will tell us as soon as they can. If they had told us and it had tits up again we would feel worse that we do now
  • think the kit will saty the same, sponsor wil change.
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]end of the day it is very frustrating but i would rather the club dealt with all the major issues than take time out to release a statement because us fans are becoming impatient

What Joe said.

Enjoy the silence - Depeche Mode

Silence is Golden - The Tremeloes

The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel
  • The kit and the sponsor will change
  • But they're flogging the kit for £5 in the club shop ? Sureley they can't justify charging £40 for a kit which is identical to the one that cost £5 a week ago ?

Cheers for the info CFGS - I was just going on what I've learned from Football Manager !!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]The kit and the sponsor will change

The design and/or the supplier?
  • It may be frustrating, but if it takes time to sort out our long-term future, so be it. I can wait if the result is worth waiting for.

*tries to be patient*
  • Design will change, the Sponsor will change but supplier will be the same
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Design will change, the Sponsor will change but supplier will be the same

Thanks.

Can I be the first person to say I hate the new design ; - 0
  • And as for those sponsors, make us look a third division outfit
  • I reckon June 1st it will all go mad. Literally.
  • Personally I couldnt give a monkeys.

Its late May, I'll start worrying about Charlton again in August, more important things to worry about like will Freddie be fit for The Ashes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]And as for those sponsors, make us look a third division outfit

too true. Chavy or what!
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Design will change, the Sponsor will change but supplier will be the same

What about the colour ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Design will change, the Sponsor will change but supplier will be the same

What about the colour ?

Black and White stripes