Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man United or Barcelona?

Come on Barca!

Really looking forward to the game. Should be a cracking match!

Comments

• Options
    come on man u, always want the english teams to do well in Europe apart from if palace, millwall or west ham was in europe.
  • Options
    man utd.

think the ABU's will be out in force though.
  • Options
    No brainer really. The most hated team in the country in the Euro Cup final. Com'n United
  • Options
    Man Yoo. can't stand Henry looking smug.
  • Options
    Sorry- Life's too short- Why hate..?

Gonna what the match for a (hopefully) great game of football.. If Barca are a goal up and Utd score a couple in extra time i'll cheer as they are the english team.

Along with the quality of the company/ food/ vino- etc- hopefully it'll be a good match but not going to take it too seriously.....

BTW= Henry always looks smug but is a class act- one as a charlton fan i have been privileged to see live...
  • Options
    United.

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow night. Two great clubs.
  • Options
    Chelsea are moaning that its a "swiss" ref:
    Everybody knows they only play football in England,Spain & Italy..........
  • Options
    Barca, all the way, hate Man Utd soooo much.
  • Options
    Mmmmmm tough one this, the anti english irish club from ooooop north, or the scousers of spain, from catalan/liverpool!! Its a no brainer for me, i am not watching the utter shite!! Especially if he plays that useless toerag brian giggs.
  • Options
    Man United as they are english, but to be honest I just want a BIG final to live up to its billing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barca, definitely
  • Options
    'Scousers of Spain'?

WTF are you babbling about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pshrimpt[/cite]Man United as they are english, but to be honest I just want a BIG final to live up to its billing.

Not much of 'em is English (and English has a capital E too)
  • Options
    Man United for me. Agree with roseandcrown, any English team apart from Millwall or Palace in Europe gets my vote.

I think Barca will win it though.
  • Options
    Come on Barca!
  • Options
    barca! no doubt! don't fancy their chances though.
  • Options
    I've took the decison to go egg chasing instead. Means nowt to me, I couldn't get into a game whereby I want both sides to lose.

But if push came to shove I'd go Barcelona
  • Options
    no brainer for me, United.
  • Options
    any team that sings the Argentina songs or "that boy Ronaldo makes England look shite" which they do every single week is not getting my support over my dead body

forza Barca!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]any team that sings the Argentina songs or "that boy Ronaldo makes England look shite" which they do every single week is not getting my support over my dead body

There it is. As i said an 'Anti English Irish Wannabe Club'

[cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]'Scousers of Spain'?

WTF are you babbling about?

Leroy, i say the Scousers of Spain thing, cos they are similar, Catalans act as if they are a different Country to Spain!! Just like Scousers go around Europe saying 'were not English, Were Scousers!!

So i Hear anyway, lol!! Also coupled with the fact they have that god awful Palarse looking kit!! Red and blue should just be banned, simples!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]

BTW= Henry always looks smug

I,ve always thought that, especially in a cardigan.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    so coupled with the fact they have that god awful Palarse looking kit!! Red and blue should just be banned, simples!!

IMHO important to be clear that Palace have a Barca looking kit. As a team with no history or identity they made the decision to change their kit from claret and blue to copy Barca's and their nickname from the logical Glaziers to Benfica's Eagles.

Back to the question. United as will be watching with Man U mates over many bottles of Leffe.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]BTW= Henry always looks smug but is a class act- one charlton fan i have been privileged to met.

• Options
    Sort ya quoting out henrydude.
  • Options
    Man Utd of course. Some of their supporters piss me off (the Argentina thing, the ex-steward at OT who couldn't be bothered to watch the league cup final this year "because we will back at Wembley next year") but they are representing England, not Spain (or Catalonia), and I am English, not Spanish so I support the English team - petty domestic squabbles should be set aside.
  • Options
    Man Utd all day long, think they'll win 3-1
  • Options
    Very split on this one.

Have ALWAYS wanted an English club to win these sort of competitions in the past. But i've always had a soft spot for Barca since getting shown around the Nou Camp by El Tel as a kid.

Plus, i really think the incomes at the top of the English games need to be reigned in as soon as possible.

So i want Barca to win.

However, i think Man U will. Barca's strength is their midfield, and i can see United both smothering that area, and outworking them in general. Barca's weakness is their defence, and i can't see United not scoring.

Barca's best chance is a tight game and a piece of individual brillance.
  • Options
    Draw.
  • Options
    Man U for me - I've always quite admired them. I also have sneaking respect for Barca too for the way they dumped Chelski out. Just hope above all it's a good game that lives up to the hype for once.
  • Options
    Man U for me.

I've gone past hating them now - I don't think they (the team rather than fans) have the arrogance that they has in the past (Keane, Neville, Ruud etc etc). They have a team of hard working, quality young professionals in my opinion.