Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Third favourites to go up next season

Full odds:

Leeds 10/3
Norwich 13/2
Charlton 15/2
Milton Keynes Dons 9/1
Millwall 12/1
Huddersfield 14/1
Colchester 20/1
Southend 20/1
Tranmere 20/1
Bristol Rovers 22/1
Southampton 25/1
Oldham 25/1
Brighton 25/1
Brentford 33/1
Walsall 40/1
Gillingham 40/1
Swindon 40/1
Carlisle 40/1
Wycombe 40/1
Leyton Orient 50/1
Exeter 50/1
Hartlepool 50/1
Yeovil 80/1
Stockport 80/1

Comments

• What are our odds to go down?
  • Leeds won't be favourites when Beckford goes. I don't care how lazy he is, his goals were the reason they even made the play offs.
  • You'd be a mug to back T'Leeds at that price.
  • The reason that Leeds are up there is because Leeds had great form towards the end of laast season,
  • And so did we unbeaten in 7 of the final 8!
  • How many of the 7 did we win?
  • 1 but how many of the 8 did we lose? 1 so we were as good as we were poor.
  • I rather would have won 4 and lost 4............draws are good for Parky because he can turn round and say "we only lost once in the last eight".thats because we were playing a boaring 4 5 1, rather than going for the throat and playing 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 when we needed the points,
  • I don't disagree But that was improvement on Pardew what was his best non losing streak?
  • edited May 2009
    Can't believe Norwich are 2nd! They're even worse than us! And they're keeping their poor manager. They've got no chance. Will be laying against them big style.

Who were the odds from When I Was...?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Can't believe Norwich are 2nd! They're even worse than us!
    No they're not - we finished bottom of the league. Can't get much worse.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Can't believe Norwich are 2nd! They're even worse than us!
    No they're not - we finished bottom of the league. Can't get much worse.

Technically we were bottom - but Norwich were shocking!

I quite fancy us at 15/2 if I am honest.....but then I said the same 2 years ago..and a year ago...still the law of averages states that surely i'll be right one day
  • I think you'd be a mug to bet on any of the teams until you know which have strengthened their teams and which players have left, or sorted out who'll be manager.

Would Charlton be third favourites if say Bailey, Racon and Shelvey left?
  • Weren't we favourite to win the championship in our first season?

If offered the playoffs I would take it.
  • Whisper it quietly but unfortunately if Millwall keep their side together, 12/1 is a pretty good price.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Weren't we favourite to win the championship in our first season?

If offered the playoffs I would take it.

Yeah - i never backed us...............no no no ;-)
  • I don't get this 'Norwich were worse than us' crap. I've heard this on more than a few occasions this season. FFS we finished 7 points below them with a -9 goal difference.
  • I lumped on Charlton and watford this season.
    Got a good run for my money there !!!
    Wont be betting on us this season
  • Tranmere upwards are the only ones in my book worth following
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't get this 'Norwich were worse than us' crap. I've heard this on more than a few occasions this season. FFS we finished 7 points below them with a -9 goal difference.

As I say - we may have finished below them but they fell apart towards the end of the season and looked a shambles whereas we were vastly improved.

We could still be playing now and they wouldn't have scored and that's even with Youga at centre half!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't get this 'Norwich were worse than us' crap. I've heard this on more than a few occasions this season. FFS we finished 7 points below them with a -9 goal difference.

As I say - we may have finished below them but they fell apart towards the end of the season and looked a shambles whereas we were vastly improved.

We could still be playing now and they wouldn't have scored and that's even with Youga at centre half!

apart from the 2 they did score?
  • Having watched a fair bit of the League 1 Play Off Semi-FInal games, and the delicious Final of course, is anyone else as worried as I am about the 'blood and thunder' physical nature of the fare served up?

We may be able to retain some decent footballers in next season's squad, but we will be in serious need of some hard men. From what I've seen, the likes of Shelvey will get minced in League 1, and you can add Sam, Racon etc. to the list. Luckily teams don't seem to play with a midfield - so big defenders, big lumps up front and the occasional cross from the wing will do the trick.

Can't wait!
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't get this 'Norwich were worse than us' crap. I've heard this on more than a few occasions this season. FFS we finished 7 points below them with a -9 goal difference.

We could still be playing now and they wouldn't have scoredand that's even with Youga at centre half!

apart from the 2 they did score?

Oops - Meant to say again (amazing the impact 1 word can have isn't it!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]1 but how many of the 8 did we lose? 1 so we were as good as we were poor.

I've obviously trained Dazzler well.
    Proud of you mate, my first convert to the cult of Blind Faith.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Having watched a fair bit of the League 1 Play Off Semi-FInal games, and the delicious Final of course, is anyone else as worried as I am about the 'blood and thunder' physical nature of the fare served up? We may be able to retain some decent footballers in next season's squad, but we will be in serious need of some hard men. From what I've seen, the likes of Shelvey will get minced in League 1, and you can add Sam, Racon etc. to the list. Luckily teams don't seem to play with a midfield - so big defenders, big lumps up front and the occasional cross from the wing will do the trick. Can't wait!

Don't think Jonjo is as 'soft' as you seem to be saying here
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Having watched a fair bit of the League 1 Play Off Semi-FInal games, and the delicious Final of course, is anyone else as worried as I am about the 'blood and thunder' physical nature of the fare served up?

We may be able to retain some decent footballers in next season's squad, but we will be in serious need of some hard men. From what I've seen, the likes of Shelvey will get minced in League 1, and you can add Sam, Racon etc. to the list. Luckily teams don't seem to play with a midfield - so big defenders, big lumps up front and the occasional cross from the wing will do the trick.

Can't wait!

I disagree entirely, Scunthorpe played much better football than we have all year and deservedly won the game. Most of the teams that have done well in recent seasons have all come up playing very good football. Donny, Peterbrough, Swansea and Scunny all spring to mind.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

I hope you're right.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

I hope you're right.

So do I!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]

I disagree entirely, Scunthorpe played much better football than we have all year and deservedly won the game. Most of the teams that have done well in recent seasons have all come up playing very good football. Donny, Peterbrough, Swansea and Scunny all spring to mind.

I guess I'm thinking that you have to earn the right to be able to play decent football. We'll need some tough guys to help us in that department.