Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Captain for at least six weeks

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
It looks like Young might be out until the end of January (a good job we are looking so solid at the back).
So if true then our previous captaincy conversations are no longer hypothetical.

Andy Reid for captain (although he might be out for a couple of games anyway) ?

Other than that Holland I guess.

Comments

• Options
    It will be Holland
  • Options
    Have you got a source for this (other than Bexleyboy on NA)
  • Options
    herman
  • Options
    i think we need to take the 'Have I Got News for You' approach.

Different celebrity manager every week. The perhaps we can choose the captain by a text vote, or by pressing our red buttons.
  • Options
    Charlton have confirmed it on SSN.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]herman
    He shouldn't even be in the bloody team anymore - it is like Feesh all over again - Herman has been great for us but he is now past it, he has never played this poorly for us before. What's more is that he compunds it by missing an absolute sitter every other game that could have transformed our fortunes.

Herman out, El Karkouri out - and Traore is a liability living up to his reputation as being a decent player who makes one or two cock-ups every game.
  • Options
    On SkySports News Now henry
  • Options
    Young, Sorondo, Diawara, HH should be our back line when all fit. Neither are great but I'd much rather Herman than Traore. Who else is there?
  • Options
    Walton Captain From Jan, Double Hard and Will Shout at People. A Bit Roy Keene-ish!
  • Options
    Herman has had it.
    I would be happy to play Fortune alongside Diawarra.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Polo and Arf.
  • Options
    When Walton comes back I wanna see him, Kish & Ambrose in the middle. Romm & Reid on the wings, Bent up front on his own. Let Kish & Walton sit back and the other 3 attack, support Bent & do nothing else (not literally). 6 defending @ all times, cant need more than that? Surely?
  • Options
    Not sure about Romm or Kish
  • Options
    Kish & Bent are the only players that give 100% every time they're on the pitch & we desperately need players like that at the moment. We cant afford to carry players at the moment & thats what we're doing with people like Faye & JFH.
    Romm doesnt deserve the stick he gets from most - he's a good outlet & can quickly take pressure off the defence. Its not possible to beat a player every single time you get the ball. Given some space he is well dangerous.
  • Options
    Romm reminds me of shawn newton, Take it past a player? Crap! Let him run onto it, Quality! Why do they keep giving him the ball on the half way line. I really don't think he has a clue either!
  • Options
    Romm does not take pressure off the defence,every time he has the ball he gives it away cheaply,he doesn,t run at players enough.I know its not possible to beat a player every time but now and again would be nice.
  • Options
    An on form Jerome Thomas takes pressure off the defence and wins plenty of free kicks too.

Sadly he looks disinterested and overweight to me this season.
  • Options
    Think Thomas was turned on by a lot of fans too quickly, on his day he's got class, but with his injury problems and not being picked towards the end of last season, can you blame him for being off-form?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Think Thomas was turned on by a lot of fans too quickly, on his day he's got class, but with his injury problems and not being picked towards the end of last season, can you blame him for being off-form?

I don't blame him for being off form but, as a very well remunerated professional, I blame him for being overweight and disinterested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]When Walton comes back I wanna see him, Kish & Ambrose in the middle. Romm & Reid on the wings, Bent up front on his own. Let Kish & Walton sit back and the other 3 attack, support Bent & do nothing else (not literally). 6 defending @ all times, cant need more than that? Surely?

Many people hark on about Walton but who has actually seen him play this season? Maybe he's not really doing anything special. Read an Ipswich match report and he's not really mentionned. Look at his match ratings.