Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Highlight of the season.

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
I realise there are a few other threads refering to The Spanners loss yesterday...so please forgive me for starting yet another one and wanting to say this...... it comes to something when the highlight of my/our season is their losing yesterday at Wembley.
Says it all really.

Comments

• Options
    Yeswterday was my highlight of the season, but I would add Button winning and The Toon going down- probably the highlight day for the last three seasons
  • Options
    Don't care too much about other teams.

My highlight has been seeing the sheer joy and enthusiasm of Robbie Elliot "living the dream."
  • Options
    yes len good shout,but also seeing a player who has a massive future in the Game Jonjo Shelvey.
  • Options
    I agree Soundasa£, I wanted Millwall to get beaten, in fact I knew they would get beaten but in a strange way if they had got promoted- as bad as that is I would rather have hoped it may spur on our feckless dandies onto greater heights prompted by the shame in being behind such dregs as Scumwall and Prolapse. Our players must galvanize and restore the pride that they have done so well to tarnish over the last couple of seasons(with a handful of exceptions), it is the minimum requirement as far as I am concerned. I am still mad enough to think that with decent management and a couple of astute signings we can go upnext season and then go on and mount a challenge in the Championship, I am not content to hang around in Division 3 for long!
  • Options
    The Zeebel "take over" ------------- was front page in the papers in Qatar and for a week or so the "World was our lobster" as Del Boy would say---- the day dreams of who we could afford (anyone !!)---- not only us fans but also as we now know Richard Murray and Pardew. Possibly the second richest club in the UK.

Sure how f**kin painfull it exploded in our faces and how typical CAFC we go on to be ultaShit and religated ---- but just for an all to short time we could dream the dream , those few days were my high light.
  • Options
    Matt Spring's goal that sent the Palace gloaters home empty-handed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't care too much about other teams.

My highlight has been seeing the sheer joy and enthusiasm of Robbie Elliot "living the dream."

Agreed there, Len.

Jonjo Shelvey has been brilliant for us in the run in, no question.

But for Robbie Elliott, dyed in the wool lifelong Charlton fan and who saw our 'Return to The Valley' game' with Pompey - he was actually there cheering on Charlton with his Dad - playing as first choice for the club he supports, well, I'm so pleased for him.
    His dream come true.

Or as Len put's it, Living the Dream.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Zeebel "take over" ------------- was front page in the papers in Qatar and for a week or so the "World was our lobster" as Del Boy would say---- the day dreams of who we could afford (anyone !!)---- not only us fans but also as we now know Richard Murray and Pardew. Possibly the second richest club in the UK.Sure how f**kin painfull it exploded in our faces and how typical CAFC we go on to be ultaShit and religated ---- but just for an all to short time we could dream the dream , those few days were my high light.[/quote]

Hard to disagree Gh, We went from (potential) football heaven to hades in a few short months, could only happen to Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Highlights:
    The 1-0 win against Palace
    Seeing Shelvey's first senior goal
    Deon Burtons hat trick relegating Norwich
    Millwall losing at Wembley

Low points:
    The 1-0 defeat to Palace
    The 5-2 pasting at home to Sheff Utd
    Being 3-0 down at half time to the world beaters of Barnsley
    Relegation
  • Options
    4-2 win vs Reading. We were brilliant to watch that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Highlights:
    Shelvey
    The 1-0 win against Palace
    4-2 win vs Reading
    4-2 win vs Norwich
    Phil Parkinsons End to the season unbeaten in 7 of the last 8.

Low points:
    The 1-0 defeat to Palace
    The 5-2 loss at home to Sheff Utd
    Alan Pardew's End
    Phil Parkinson's Start
    Relegation

Millwall have in no way been a highlight or low point of this season as we did not effect them and Visa Versa in any way!
  • Options

Well said Len.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Well said Len.

I'd add to that seeing Jonjo establish himself as a regular player and seeing one or two other Charlton youth team players make their debuts in the first team.