Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Operation Priestfields (aka shitpit)

edited May 2009 in Match Day Travel
Right forget worrying about not going to this one, every single one of you need to take Medway over regardless of having a ticket or not, those arsewipes have made my life a bit of a misery last two days invade Rochester, Chavham and Gillingham high streets on the day en masse. They will have all the part-time fans out for it and we need to make a show of numbers and superiority to the gypos.

Comments

• I'll be there !!!
  • Me too! On the train from New Eltham/Bromley South.

My cousins are part time Gills fans cos they live in Rainham, so its gonna be a bit of banter between me and my dad and my aunt and 2 cousins. Taunting down the phone at half time for the win!
  • Sack that, don't speak to them. Nathan, you want a job for the day? Take a party to the Old Ash tree and start from there. Show no fear son
  • I am there, agree, take the fleepit over
  • All in, it's a matter of miutes away from most. Ticket or no ticket invade the towns, if anyone needs any suggestions for meet up points etc whisper moi.
  • I'll pop over the hill from Maidstone for this one, I'm probably going to be crucified for this but here goes, was sort of hoping they would go up just to face them in the league next season I knew there would be the usual "fans" come out of the woodwork but it will only be for a week or so and next season they will end up with their average gate of 5,000. I'm sure Scally will do everything he can to make sure it rains for our visit to the Brian Moore stand
  • Who's up for invading tomorrow?

Gatecrash their party
  • my fear against both Millwall and The Gills is that their players will be more up for it than ours and we'll be let down again.
  • Record against Palace hasn't been too bad lately
  • sadly Charlton do not possess that type of support anymore. For the last two league visits in 74/5 and 80/81 the town and ground were taken over, but you only have to look at our sterile following at the cup tie to show how far the away support has fallen since the premier days

for me away support will be crucial in getting back. thats why the target 40000 group (perhaps a sign of how the club had got carried away with its self) should be replaced by a target 2000 away
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]sadly Charlton do not possess that type of support anymore. For the last two league visits in 74/5 and 80/81 the town and ground were taken over, but you only have to look at our sterile following at the cup tie to show how far the away support has fallen since the premier days

for me away support will be crucial in getting back. thats why the target 40000 group (perhaps a sign of how the club had got carried away with its self) should be replaced by a target 2000 away[/quote]

I remember the support at Gillingham in the Cup absolutely shocking, I put it down at the time to
    the way tickets were allocated.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Nelsenout
    I remember the support at Gillingham in the Cup absolutely shocking, I put it down at the time to
    the way tickets were allocated.[/quote]

would not have been a problem in the past as home area tickets would have been bought. no, the problem is that the younger following is now sterile and lacks the passion or desire to support the club away
  • so you haven't come across the Charlton Yoof yet Ken.I wouldn't cal them sterile and lacking passion !!!
  • lol no not met them. certainly not at any away games!
  • I was driving to work yesterday through the Medway towns and a googly eyed smurf was stood immobile behind a parked car. He was transfixed with a inane grin on his face. I couldn't stop laughing all the way to work, a Gills fan 14 odd hours after the match still with almost perfect face paint on. You barely ever see a Gills match shirt outside of match day, let alone at a town alone 7 am.
  • Maybe the sterile support away has something to the sterile performances on the pitch ... two wins all last season and god knows what he last three years record is but it ain't good
  • Perhaps we should rename it Operation Penfold? Hand out a few hundred Penfold masks just to upset someone ;-)
  • A tad premature considering we may not be playing them for nearly a year. Calm down calm down.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Nelsenout
    the way tickets were allocated.[/quote]

would not have been a problem in the past as home area tickets would have been bought. no, the problem is that the younger following is now sterile and lacks the passion or desire to support the club away[/quote]

I am struggling to understand this.
    Our support grew massively in the years 92-2002 , now obviously there were some plastics attrated by Premiership Football , but surely a whole generation have seen relatively successful times and through that some more passionate elements must have been attracted and gain loyalty ?
    Just my two cents worth!
  • Think we need a bit of reality on this.

To those who don't live in the Medway towns, which is the vast majority of us, Gillingham mean absolutely nothing to us other than its going to be a local-ish game.

Indeed, its probably a club many of us have looked out for their results for and generally wanted to do well over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I guess I will make this one of my rare away days.
  • Yes, maybe doesn't mean a lot to those who live in SE postcodes but to those of us who have had our noses rubbed in our failure for the last few years it means a lot.

They hate us, show them who the boss is out of the two clubs.

Trust me on this
  • Decent amount of Charlton went to the pre season game a couple of years back I think
  • Yeah about 2000 that day. Good day too £70 round of drinks and lobbing Gumbo down some stairs
  • when Gillingham were on their knees, Mick Everitt raised money from (non-prem, pre Scally) Charlton support to fund their team to travel to an away game(s?), I remember Steve Dixon on charlton chat didn't like it....when we had very little we helped Gillingham who had nothing. Their supporters can say what they like but this is fact, so however critical they are of us, we delivered, they only moan, with some of the most gobby tosspots around.
  • Remember bumping into Curbs before the Gills dumped us out of the cup a few seasons ago.... ( was there as a photographer with the bbc) Talk about ashen faced he did his best to put a brave face on it and Andy Hessenthaler seemed stunned they had won it......Tony Gubba said afterwards 'bit of a shock then Alan' All curbs could do was nod and say yeah.....

Must admit I thought it was a pretty average performance by Charlton the usual casual attitude towards cup games that we seem to exhibit!

Let's hope this time around we turn up and slap this lot down and mean business......
  • Do you think it may be difficult to get tickets for games like this (high demand & low allocation) next season?
  • Not if you're in Valley Gold.
  • I'll be there, ticket or not, pikey muppets
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not if you're in Valley Gold.
    Bit lazy of me I know, but how much does it cost to join and have you won anything?