Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

P.Scally-Gillingham (millwall supporter) Chairman.

Sorry if done before, but, just seen him on SkySportsNews saying how "humble" we (CAFC) must seem now as we are playing in the same division next season after "stealing" their supporters.
What a Cock.

Comments

• Options
    We are the cocks for lending em Josh Wright.
  • Options
    he's obsessed. Even when they have a bit of success his mind is on us.

gillingham are nothing to us, whatever division they're in.
  • Options
    still at least it will be 6 points gained next season.
  • Options
    The man is a millwall c*nt
  • Options
    Gill-who?
  • Options
    But doesn't he remind you of Penfold from Dangermouse??
  • Options
    Shows how much the pr*ck knows about football if he thinks you can steal supprters. Knob of the highest order imho. Hope we stuff them out of sight.
  • Options
    Bigger clubs have more fans, the more fans you have the further away some of them come from. Pretty simple really.

It's up to them to attract people to their games, not us to stay away from Kent.
  • Options
    Look, if it's such a bad thing we're doing why doesn't he sort something similar out for his fans that wanna travel from the coast to that dump?

Because they don't have enough fans to fill one pissing coach from far reaching (10 miles plus) locations. Nothing like sour grapes, and our players had better be up for that game because they will be.
  • Options
    can't wait for that game next season i feel it will turn into a big rivalry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won't be a rivalry for me.
    Obviously I want to beat them but no more than anyone else.
    Gillingham mean nothing to me and I think it's the same for most of us who live in SE London. If you come from Kent I can see why it might get tricky as the locals will be giving you grief over not supporting your 'local' team but for me they hold no more spice than ex. Brentford.

Just because their chairman has a bee in his bonnet doesn't mean we have to fall into the 'derby game' trap.
    If we do, it will only play into their hands.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]can't wait for that game next season i feel it will turn into a big rivalry

Bit of a worry when a big rivalry turns out to be Gillingham. Know what you mean though.
  • Options
    Living in SE London, I've never actually met a gillingham fan.

But they are still pikeys!
  • Options
    Charlton fans in Kent will only get grief if they come from the Medway towns.

The rest of the county is fair game and has always been a Charlton heartland due to the proximity and the fact that so many people there originated from SE London.

Gillingham can go and f**k themselves and that Scally nob really is making himself look even more of a dick than I ever thought possible.
  • Options
    How ironic is it that the majority of Charlton hate Palace and Millwall, yet these teams claim to not 'give a s*it about Charlton' yet the one team that seems to have serious issues with us, no one seems to really care about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish-Costa-Fortune[/cite]How ironic is it that the majority of Charlton hate Palace and Millwall, yet these teams claim to not 'give a s*it about Charlton' yet the one team that seems to have serious issues with us, no one seems to really care about?

True.
  • Options
    The Valley Express pick-up in Gillingham should be interesting!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]can't wait for that game next season i feel it will turn into a big rivalry[/quote]

Bit of a worry when a big rivalry turns out to be Gillingham. Know what you mean though.[/quote]still can't believe were playing them competitvely
  • Options
    True true BDL ;)
  • Options
    They did say on Sky during the game that a survey was carried out this season, and not one reply had Gillingham as a rival.
    So, as they said Gillingham is a club no one hates, which means Penfold is trying to find a club to become rivals with. All he has to do is look down Bluebell Hill and he'll find the mighty Maidstone. Now with my "Stones" hat on, I really really hate Gillingscum, more than I hate Plarse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a Medway fan I have to say that I am really not bothered by Gillingham one way or the other, only thing that I can't stand is Paul Scally. Charlton did not steal me away from Gillingham. Like many other people from the Medway town's my root's are firmly in Kent but moved way from the Sevenoaks area over thirty year's ago but have been a Charlton supporter long before my move here and will alway's be a Charlton supporter no matter where I live.
  • Options
    I guess he forgot about Chris Dickson's goals for them. Hopefully he will be reminded next season with a couple of well taken hattricks home and away...
  • Options
    Walking around Lordswood I never seen any Gillingham tops. You see every other team, but not them. Thats not bad when you think I live 2 or 3 miles from the ground!
    They don't get support 3 miles from thier ground, yet they worry about support in Margate and Folkstone!!
  • Options
    Gillingham mean jack shit to me, whatever league we are in. That Scally twat is only sore because he couldn't buy Millwall and had to settle for Gillingham. I suppose all the non league clubs in surrey hate Chelsea with a seething passion for stealing all their fans? Charlton historically have a big catchment area in Kent, it was imperative to foster that over the years, It is no one's fault at Charlton that Gillingham have been nonentities for their entire history, we are only temporarily visiting tier 3 and I'm sure old penfold will be more than happy to have his little coffers swell when Charlton come to town.
  • Options
    what a mug
  • Options
    Saw the interview, he just looked like a sad little man who had to talk sh.t about another club so he could get on tv.. ' a la Simon Jordan'
  • Options
    if they WERE Gills fans would you really want them as fans if they are willing to give up there team for another.

Or is it a case of Many Charlton fans have moved away from London

Scally your a C**t Scally Scally your a c**T

The Jordan of league one LOL
  • Options
    I ve got no problem if there were Gills fans supporting Charlton the supporters come the more cash there is.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The reason why Gills fans despise your club so much (and Scally bleats on about you stealing fans) stems mainly from the fact that you had people standing outside our turnstiles handing out fliers offering deals to go watch Charlton at the first game after it was announced that we had gone into administration. They hadn't been there before and didn't come back as you can imagine they received pretty hostile abuse. Can you imagine how you would feel if/when your club go into admin - you turn up at the ground to chuck your money in the collection bucket and there is a represtantive of another club handing you a bit of paper trying to get you to watch another club. Talk about vultures!!!

I don't doubt for one minute any claims that your supporters may have had some kind of whip round as is suggested above but I'm afraid that any such gesture was totally oversahdowed by the disgusting act of your board of directors who must have santcioned the special campaign.

As for the present day - I am a little surprised at some of the comments on this board about how you will be promoted by december etc. I think your players will find Div 1 a culture shock and you may not find it too easy to get out of. Just ask Leeds!!
  • Options
    i was more than a whip round and it was done with the intention of helping your sorry little club keep its head above water, the fans /club didnt have to do it but we did.

Cant see anyone saying we will be promoted by December ? where is that comment ?

How do u steal a fan ?