Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
And Irons too!

Well Done

Comments

• Options
    great result for the iron , well pleased for them
  • Options
    Much as many have said they don't want to play them at The Valley , having them a Division abbove us would have been
    far worse.
    Here's to 6 points next year.
  • Options
    Well done the Iron.
  • Options
    Well done Nigel Adkins and his team. An amazing acheivement. They've lost three prolific forwards and he keeps on picking willfull, tidy players for small change or very little. That man's manager of the football league for me this season.
  • Options
    I like Nigel Adkins as a manager, gets results and conducts himself well in success as well as failure. I wish them luck next season in the Championship.
  • Options
    I agree that Nigel Adkins has done a fantastic job with Scunny this year.

However, in my eyes there can only be one manager to take the plaudits this season. Regardless of the result tomorrow, Burnley's Owen Coyle has got to be manager of the year in all divisions. 61 games, squad of just 23 players, two cup runs and a play off final for a hugely unfancied team. Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. Hope they win tomorrow, because they deserve it.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]I agree that Nigel Adkins has done a fantastic job with Scunny this year.

However, in my eyes there can only be one manager to take the plaudits this season. Regardless of the result tomorrow, Burnley's Owen Coyle has got to be manager of the year in all divisions. 61 games, squad of just 23 players, two cup runs and a play off final for a hugely unfancied team. Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. Hope they win tomorrow, because they deserve it.

Have to agree
  • Options
    Ian Dowie for me, what a great football man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]I agree that Nigel Adkins has done a fantastic job with Scunny this year.

Did anyone see the goal that Owen Coyle scored for Burnley's reserves the other week? cracking goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L29qem570mU
  • Options
    Nothing against Burnley or Owen Coyle but they've always been willing to pay wages for 'star' players. OK that might not mean a stupid fortune on Andy Gray's wages but they matched Akinbyi, Gray's, Eagles and Blake's.

Scunthorpe pay nowhere near as much as their league rivals, can't hold onto their best players and are dipping into lower divisions or unheralded loanees. There's a wealth of difference between having finances to compete, compared to having finances that mean you can't compete with your rivals.