Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting Dressed For The Match Part 3

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
The late 70's and 80's was the the hype of fashion on the terraces,great days why oh why did i flog my Fila BJ would be worth a fortune now.
Going to away matches wearing your finest attire was blinding,our old lot 30-40 of us would turn up in a town up north in Armani,Lacoste,Fila,Ellesse,ST,Pringle.
Great days.
What was your fav fashion at football?

Comments

• Options
    Punk !
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    What was 'Awaydays like'? Any good?
  • Options
    Late 60's to early 70's: Ben Sherman, Levi Sta-press, braces and Doc Martins. Never had a skinhead just a boston crew cut (which, to our younger lifers was like a french crop).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]What was 'Awaydays like'? Any good?

Ha we was talking about that on Saturday,still not seen it
  • Options
    Early to Mid 80's were greatr

Lyle & Scott roll neck with a Pingle jumper pair of diadorra Borg Elites

Them Pieree Cardin tops either Blue or burgandy trim with the cream centre.

The old Gabicci jumpers
  • Options
    Its why i miss not being about when the Mods was about. They had some ultra sharpe gear.
  • Options
    did we have a big Mod following back in the day?
  • Options
    I dont remember that far back Tav. i do recall one night game standing with my old Man next to 4/5 guys all moded up, they were loud but their suits werent.
  • Options
    i once heard a story from Kev H ,Goonerhater that for that Arsenal game in the cup in the late 60's about 80-100 went to the game on their scooters,he told me that years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i once heard a story from Kev H ,Goonerhater that for that Arsenal game in the cup in the late 60's about 80-100 went to the game on their scooters,he told me that years ago

I heard that story from Kev as well a long time ago - never found out if it was true or not. A few stories came out that day with plenty of Charlton in the North Bank.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i once heard a story from Kev H ,Goonerhater that for that Arsenal game in the cup in the late 60's about 80-100 went to the game on their scooters,he told me that years ago

I heard that story from Kev as well a long time ago - never found out if it was true or not. A few stories came out that day with plenty of Charlton in the North Bank.

He told me this story on the way back from Bolton back in the early 80's
  • Options
    does Kev H still go?i saw him a few years ago at QPR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]does Kev H still go?i saw him a few years ago at QPR

Saw him at QPR, also at the Bristol City cup game a few years back. Apart from that, I don't know - I'm in the East Stand and have never seem him around there. Would be amazed if he doesn't go to some of the bigger games ... although we don't have many of them lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]did we have a big Mod following back in the day?

We had a big skinhead following in the late 60's - The Woolwich chaps.

Several hunderede Skins went to the match and went on the rampage up the Holloway Road. I was very young but I went to the match with my dad and remember it as if it were yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]did we have a big Mod following back in the day?

We had a big skinhead following in the late 60's - The Woolwich chaps.

Several hunderede Skins went to the match and went on the rampage up the Holloway Road. I was very young but I went to the match with my dad and remember it as if it were yesterday.
    That must have been some mob Valley McMoist,did they go in the Northbank?
  • Options
    We were told at the time by some of the older lot that went from Charlton Village and Cherry Orchard that there were many Charlton in the North Bank that day.

As Valley McM points out, I am sure that a lot of the Woolwich Chaps would have made it in there as well.

Seem to recall there was a big cup game with Leeds around that season as well?
  • Options
    Tavern-- Kevin H was at the Norwich game. He gets in the Con Club back bar. His brother tony and his kids are about alot and saw Tony on St Gs day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tavern-- Kevin H was at the Norwich game. He gets in the Con Club back bar. His brother tony and his kids are about alot and saw Tony on St Gs day.
    I will look out for him.He is a good bloke
  • Options
    I had the brown Lois jumbo cords and the biggest collared Fila t-shirt in the world, and my kicker boots were a strange blue/green/red combo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I had the brown Lois jumbo cords and the biggest collared Fila t-shirt in the world, and my kicker boots were a strange blue/green/red combo[/quote]

Also got them Lois Jumbo cords what was that place in Deptford everyone went to ????

Did not have my size so had to get larger ones was to impatient to wait for them to get my size just wanted a pair and wanted them THEN
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I had the brown Lois jumbo cords and the biggest collared Fila t-shirt in the world, and my kicker boots were a strange blue/green/red combo

Also got them Lois Jumbo cords what was that place in Deptford everyone went to ????

Did not have my size so had to get larger ones was to impatient to wait for them to get my size just wanted a pair and wanted them THEN

Rock Bottom???
  • Options
    There use to be a tailor at the top end of Deptford high St ---Jewish family. Legend has it that mods would que up on a Saturday to get measured and fitted etc for their suits. It was still there in 92 ish.

I remember geting a Crombie over coat (not a real Crombie), my old Man came with me to get it, i was 16 i think.Was a naffing brill over coat. been for a few walks round the Crombie shop in Bluewater a couple times-- memories.
  • Options
    Away days - Was alrite, the director tried to do too much away from the football with society, the storyline confused a lot of the audience when I saw it.

ridiculously far fetched plots, like someone stabbing someone else in their firm in a local pub on a random evening
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Away days - Was alrite, the director tried to do too much away from the football with society, the storyline confused a lot of the audience when I saw it.

ridiculously far fetched plots, like someone stabbing someone else in their firm in a local pub on a random evening

you not been on a night out in birkenhead, mate!?!?

the book's about a lot more than football - clothes, music, relationships etc. gonna see the film this week.

tav, suz finished the book last night, she'll drop it round this week.
  • Options
    Yeh Ive read the book, however in a film that short I think the director should have tried to focus maybe on certain areas a bit more briefly. The plot didnt seem to flow that well in the film in fairness
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing the film.
    In the early 80's I was mostly to be found in either Puma States or Adidas Gazelles, Lois or C17 jeans - with the snips so they opened out over the shoes properly, Ellesse, Sergio Tacchini or Fila polo tops and either the old trusty navy and sky blue Patrick windcheater or later on a Kappa coat.
    I loved that period of my life.
  • Options
    From the B Block of the Covered End all the older casuals looked best in:

Red Fila or Dark Blue Tacchini Tracksuit top, Ball Jeans, Diadora Borg Elite or my fave, Adidas Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Do fashion and football actually go ?
  • Options
    Not in your case mate!