Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Wright

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
First timethat I have seen him play today.

Considering it was in a high pressure game thought he was very good. Can you see him being played next season or will he be another Micheal Turner?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    gillingham will sign him permantley bcos parky dont like him
  • [cite]Posted By: pride_of_london[/cite]gillingham will sign him permantley bcos parky dont like him
    That makes two of us then - I don't like him either.
  • wont make a blind of difference parky wont be here
  • might be good player in the future but he is a flash ######
  • Think I heard Holloway say on the commentary that Wright was better than any player he hd seen at the Valley this season!!!
  • letting Josh go will be a big mistake imo, saw enough in the couple of games he played that he can be a good player for us. If we lose Jonjo, Bailey, Racon then we will need Josh.
  • [cite]Posted By: pride_of_london[/cite]might be good player in the future but he is a flash ######

so what ? Can be as flash as he wants for me as long as he does it on the pitch.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Think I heard Holloway say on the commentary that Wright was better than any player he hd seen at the Valley this season!!!

That's the kind of thing someone that's not seen much of us would say. We've got at least four better CMs than Wright in Racon, Bailey, Shelvey and Zheng. Considering they could all go he might well get a chance.

He's decent but has a lot of room to improve, if we let him go could well end up like Turner and make his way up the leagues. Now that we're in the lower leagues ourselves he's got much more chance of getting a run than Turner (and Shittu & Campbell-Ryce) ever did.

He's out of contract, so now his seasons over I'd imagine he'd be back at Charlton soon to talk about his future, unless it's already been decided that he's definitely going.
  • Made a lot of mistakes
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Made a lot of mistakes

I wasn't overly impressed either to be honest, not sure if he just tired in second half, if we're lossing 2 CM then I guess he'd be worth keeping if not then not sure he'd get a game here so is surpluss to requirements really we need to keep a much smaller squad next season
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]wont make a blind of difference parky wont be here[/quote]

True

[quote][cite]Posted By: pride_of_london[/cite]might be good player in the future but he is a flash ######[/quote]

even truer
  • Speaking to a Gills Friend of mine said that he felt Wright wasnt too much of a improvement on their squad and was average in the games before the final. But in the final done his defensive duty as well as playmaking duties very well including set pieces.

Personal Opinon we have Zhi, Racon, Bailey, Shelvey, Semedo, Holland, Spring who are better CM's in term of quality at the moment, but taking into account that Wright is 19 has a lot of potential is bright in the England Scene gaining experience on these loan spells he can play apart in the squad.

I was thinking if Zhi did go, we use Semedo in more defensive role again, Holland aint going to feature too much if he signs a new contract a injury or suspension and Wright whould be ideal back up.
  • Josh gave the ball away a hell of a lot today, he showed the occasional gem of a ball but it was very occasional. I wouldn't have him anywhere near our team with the mid's we've got.
  • Seemed very one-footed, not that impressed. Thought our old boy Barry Fuller played very well - would be a good addition at right back for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: pride_of_london[/cite]might be good player in the future but he is a flash ######

Noticed, pre match as the camera went along the players, the others ignored it and looked straight ahead, Josh turned and gave a cheeky smile straight into the camera.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Seemed very one-footed, not that impressed. Thought our old boy Barry Fuller played very well - would be a good addition at right back for us.[/quote]

Barry Fuller is a though and though Gills fan being from Ashford in Kent supported Gillingham, impressed all though our youth and reserves, he wont come back to us as he feels little rejected because he wasnt given more chance to prove himself in the first team and is jumping at the chance to show he is good enough against us.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AddickRam[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Seemed very one-footed, not that impressed. Thought our old boy Barry Fuller played very well - would be a good addition at right back for us.[/quote]

Barry Fuller is a though and though Gills fan being from Ashford in Kent supported Gillingham, impressed all though our youth and reserves, he wont come back to us as he feels little rejected because he wasnt given more chance to prove himself in the first team and is jumping at the chance to show he is good enough against us.[/quote]

Preplay off interview in a thread on here Fuller was telling ho he was a gills supporter from youth ... good luck to him
  • [cite]Posted By: AddickRam[/cite]Speaking to a Gills Friend of mine said that he felt Wright wasnt too much of a improvement on their squad and was average in the games before the final. But in the final done his defensive duty as well as playmaking duties very well including set pieces.

Personal Opinon we have Zhi, Racon, Bailey, Shelvey, Semedo, Holland, Spring who are better CM's in term of quality at the moment, but taking into account that Wright is 19 has a lot of potential is bright in the England Scene gaining experience on these loan spells he can play apart in the squad.

I was thinking if Zhi did go, we use Semedo in more defensive role again, Holland aint going to feature too much if he signs a new contract a injury or suspension and Wright whould be ideal back up.

you forgot to factor in that we will probably lose Jonjo and Bailey as well as the aforementioned ZZ.
  • [cite]Posted By: AddickRam[/cite]Barry Fuller is a though and though Gills fan being from Ashford in Kent supported Gillingham, impressed all though our youth and reserves, he wont come back to us as he feels little rejected because he wasnt given more chance to prove himself in the first team and is jumping at the chance to show he is good enough against us.

He didn't get a chance at the time because he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have broken through while we were in the Prem. We've come down to his level rather than him coming up to ours.
  • Scoham i agree with that but I'm just saying what he told few Gillingham Supporters on their tour.

It's hard when you release players because at the time they dont fit in your plans but few years down the line they are at another club on the rise and playing at the same or higher level mentality comes a lot into it Barry Fuller is a driven person one to prove himself we need more characters like him in our squad i beleive the likes of Elliot, Shelvey...

The one player thinking now i so wished we kept is George Boyd how we love to have a left-winger/forward like him now.

I'm looking forward to see how many of our Academy Gradutes rising Hot Prospects feature in our League Campain I'm sure we have a fair few who can hold their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Think I heard Holloway say on the commentary that Wright was better than any player he hd seen at the Valley this season!!!

We've got at least four better CMs than Wright in Racon, Bailey, Shelvey and Zheng..

And how many of those will be here come August
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]He didn't get a chance at the time because he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have broken through while we were in the Prem. We've come down to his level rather than him coming up to ours.
    This is the most important factor we need to consider this season and moving forward before everyone starts jumping on the "we should have kept them" bandwagon.

If we knew we were going to plummet from the 1st to 3rd division in 3 years then yes, we should have but come on could anyone realistically see Barry Fuller ousting Luke Young?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]He didn't get a chance at the time because he wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have broken through while we were in the Prem. We've come down to his level rather than him coming up to ours.
    This is the most important factor we need to consider this season and moving forward before everyone starts jumping on the "we should have kept them" bandwagon.

If we knew we were going to plummet from the 1st to 3rd division in 3 years then yes, we should have but come on

could anyone realistically see Barry Fuller ousting Luke Young?

And that puts it in context.
  • Would like to see him stay and i think he'll do well. I didn't think he fared too badly in the appearances he made for us last season. He does however need to give Jack Tweed and Faces nightclub a wide berth though.
  • Why? Is he not allowed the friends he has had all his life? Very Very unfair way of seeing things if you ask me!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Think I heard Holloway say on the commentary that Wright was better than any player he hd seen at the Valley this season!!![/quote]

We've got at least four better CMs than Wright in Racon, Bailey, Shelvey and Zheng..[/quote]

And how many of those will be here come August[/quote]

One, if we're lucky.

I think it would be bonkers to let a promising 19 year old england youth international go. Absolutely bonkers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why? Is he not allowed the friends he has had all his life? Very Very unfair way of seeing things if you ask me!

Bear in mind also that he's 17/18 years old and making his first steps as a playing pro, and yet some here expect him to be playing like an international. He's at Gillingham to give him a taste of professional football and to see whether he'll make it or not.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Would like to see him stay and i think he'll do well. I didn't think he fared too badly in the appearances he made for us last season. He does however need to give Jack Tweed and Faces nightclub a wide berth though.

As far as I'm concerned he can have as friends anyone he likes and can go to the odd nightclub provided it doesn't break club rules. It's not for you to choose his friends, just as he won't be choosing your friends.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why? Is he not allowed the friends he has had all his life? Very Very unfair way of seeing things if you ask me!

Not saying he can't still be mates with him, i just feel he needs to get his head down and concentrate on his football instead of acting like a big time charlie in Essex nightclubs.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why? Is he not allowed the friends he has had all his life? Very Very unfair way of seeing things if you ask me!

Not saying he can't still be mates with him, i just feel he needs to get his head down and concentrate on his football instead of acting like a big time charlie in Essex nightclubs.

But he has been getting his head down and concentrating on football, which is why he's been at Gillingham rather than being stuck in our reserves (and maybe getting a few minutes here and there) and more-or-less an ever present since he signed for them.