Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One final piece of humiliation to go.

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Following The Jills victory we just need The Spanners to win tomorrow to make it a full house for the season.
Two years ago we were entertaining the likes of Man U, Liverpool ,Chelsea, Arsenal....now it will be fricking Gillingham.
The agony just continues!

Comments

• Options
    2 years ago we were making up the numbers against those 4 but I get your point.

Look on the bright side the Gills is 6 easy points and its local. As for Millwall, if they go up or stay down they will only be bigger than us in the SLP.
  • Options
    yep, it's not been easy since we didn't keep sir alan on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]2 years ago we were making up the numbers against those 4 but I get your point.

Look on the bright side the Gills is 6 easy points and its local. As for Millwall, if they go up or stay down they will only be bigger than us in the SLP.

Our results against Chelsea and Arsenal were admirable ck...especially in the early days.
  • Options
    Yep from holding our own in the PL in 2006 to seeing who will win the League Two play off final and who we'll be playing next season in 2009/2010 it's been just about as slippery a slope as you can imagine. Nothing lower then 2nd will do next season. Hope we can pull it off.
    Really hope Millwall lose horribly tomorrow, been holding my tongue at the amount of Millwall flags on people car's and houses....grrrrr
  • Options
    weren't too bad against liverpool either.lisbie hat trick and all that, might have done the double over them one season too. but let's not kids ourselves,we were no 1970's brazil despite what people would believe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]weren't too bad against liverpool either.lisbie hat trick and all that, might have done the double over them one season too. but let's not kids ourselves,we were no 1970's brazil despite what people would believe.

Oh I think we were pretty realistic TK.......pity some of the 'Curbs out' brigade wern't!
  • Options
    how nice it was to see my nearest boozer The Fox Under the Hill flying a Millwall flag today.Wonder if they have arson cover ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]2 years ago we were making up the numbers against those 4 but I get your point.

Our results against Chelsea and Arsenal were admirable ck...especially in the early days.

My making up the numbers comment refs to 2 years ago not when we were doing wellish.
    2 years ago we were crap
  • Options
    how nice it was to see my nearest boozer The Fox Under the Hill flying a Millwall flag today.Wonder if they have arson cover ?
    They are literally catapulting themselves out of the woodwork. It's all Millwall around where I live, it's hellish it really is.
  • Options
    Saw two Standard sellers flying those flags just by Cannon Street Station ....

Needless to say I did with the freebies instead !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]My making up the numbers comment refs to 2 years ago not when we were doing wellish.
    2 years ago we were crap

So we're good now, right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]My making up the numbers comment refs to 2 years ago not when we were doing wellish.
    2 years ago we were crap

Well, we haven't lost in 3 weeks......
  • Options
    Alternatively 3 years ago we were a comfortable, respected Premier League outfit generally regarded as safe bets to continue that way. Now 3 years later we face Gillingham, Exeter, MK Dons on equal terms.... Don't really care what Millwall do, win and they go into the Championship for a year or so... big deal, lose and we get 6 points off them! We are still a bigger club albeit one in very dodgy seas right now.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Look on the bright side the Gills is 6 easy points and its local. [/quote]

Pleasedon't say things like that, tempting fate and all, its the sort of thing we said about Colchester, before they were relegated!!
  • Options
    Scunny have already beaten millwall twice this season, sod's law says it won't be a hattrick.
  • Options
    A bit like the shrews yesterday, having beaten Gills 7-0. I am taking heart from the fact Scunny have already been toWembley this season. There was a period in the 80's or 90's when a team would get to both cup finals,lose the league cup but win the FA cup. Hoping Scunny's loss to Luton willspur them on.
  • Options
    Well on the bright side I guess, at least Palace aren't in the Championship play off final. That would complete the hat trick.

2-1 Millwall.
  • Options
    yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    2 years ago we were crap

No. we are actually more crap now but we were defo crap 2 years ago (dowie?)
    1 year ago we were a little better than we are today but still crap.

Do you think in the 30 months have we been any better than crap?