Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another ST Question

In order to buy an under 11 ST do you have to buy an adult one?????

Obvioulsy you wouldnt let an under 11 go on his own (even though I did back in the day) but for example could an under 18 ST holder take an under 11 (cant see the prob)

I would be confident of dropping of my 13 YO and let him take his 11 YO sister and meet them after the game without me having to buy a full price adult ST.

Anyone know if they only sell the £49 price if you buy a full price adult one??
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I doubt it to be honest.

I would have though any kid would need to have some sort of guardian with them (i refrained from 'respectable adult')
  • Options
    get your point pal but my argument against this was surely a 17 YO brother should be able to take his younger brother without the guardiam having to be there??
    Christ, I had 15 yo 'guardians' taking me to games when I was 11?
  • Options
    The club doesn't police this. It's up to the parent to make the judgement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The club doesn't police this. It's up to the parent to make the judgement.

That's how I imagine it would work.
  • Options
    No, as long as you are the specified age you can buy the ticket realtated to said age. So an under 11 would be able to buy a ticket in their specified price range should they wish. Let your 13 year old boy look after his 11 year old sister, why don't you get a season ticket yourself as well and come to the games, a great family day out !!!! But if you can't, you can get the S/T's for you kids at at the quoted prices without buying an adult S/T to compliment them.
  • Options
    I've had a ST for 15 years!!!! Just felt mugged by the club last year as i wanted to see the kids playing regular. I will pick and choose games nxt year as i cant attend night games anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Just felt mugged by the club last year as i wanted to see the kids playing regular.

Why? Most of them aren't good enough (yet, some will be and some won't be) to play regularly. Look at what happened to Wagstaff after he was thrown in too early, ruined his confidence and they had to build it back up.
  • Options
    I agree with Scoham (as usual!)
    There seems to be a prevalent opinion amongst a large number of fans that management has a duty to blood youngsters irrespective of whether they are a) ready or b) good enough.
    I think, by and large, the management's judgement has been pretty much spot on over recent years, as so many of our 'bright young things' have ended up at places like Ebbsfleet etc.
    Some were better than that, but were released when we were a premiership club and clearly weren't up to that standard or ready at that time.
    Possibly Michael Turner is an exception; but players like Shittu and Primus took donkey's years to get near that standard.

Those that are good enough usually get their chance early, like Konch or Jonjo.