Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading axe Murty, Lita, Hahnemann and Dubbery

SE7SE7
edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Would be nice to get Murty back, was really impressed by his determination. The other three will be snapped up by other CC teams.

Comments

• Options
    I agree Murty was quality when he was here but does he have the legs to play 46 league games?
  • Options
    Murty would be a good signing and the only one we would possibly get
  • Options
    Totally agree , we will need some Nous and a bit of steel about us particularly away from home in this league
  • Options
    Have they kept Sam Sodje?
  • Options
    Def Murty for me, a real leader in the dressing room which is something we lacked big time last season. Good question re Sodje, he would also be an excellent addition and I can't imagine they would have kept him.

Hahnemann is no better than Elloitt, Duberry likes a beer too much, Lita too expensive in wages even if you could tempt him.
  • Options
    Sodje signed a 3 year contract in 2006 when he signed for Reading. Maybe they're waiting to see if the new manager wants to keep him. From the sounds of it Leeds would like to keep him after his loan spell with them.

Don't rate him at Championship level, but he'd be very good in League One.
  • Options
    murty was good for us during his short spell, would he step down to league 1 though?
    but if we could try to get one defender it would be ward for me.
  • Options
    Thought Sodje was OK for us, which means he should be exceptional in the third tier. he's a local lad and alleged Charlton supporter, doubt if Leeds have more money than us, so we should be able to beat them off if he wants to come.
  • Options
    if sodge came to us kap that would be great, we just need another ten now lol. fingers crossed, we must be one of the favs to come back up.
  • Options
    Murty picked up niggling injuries after every game for us. spent most of the season before he came to us injured. can only see him spending most of next season fighting against injuries week in week out. yes he has the right attitude and is pretty decent, but no good spending most of his time getting treatment.

Lita wont play in league one.sodje definitely worth getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Anglia Addick[/cite]Murty picked up niggling injuries after every game for us. spent most of the season before he came to us injured. can only see him spending most of next season fighting against injuries week in week out. yes he has the right attitude and is pretty decent, but no good spending most of his time getting treatment.

That's my only real problem with looking into signing Murty.
  • Options
    Shame he won't be fit enough to play a whole season ..... would have made a good captain !!!
  • Options
    Sodje and/or Murty.
    Think we "need" these 2.
  • Options
    Murty is now on trial at Southampton.
  • Options
    What's he accused of?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Def Murty for me, a real leader in the dressing room which is something we lacked big time last season. Good question re Sodje, he would also be an excellent addition and I can't imagine they would have kept him.

Hahnemann is no better than Elloitt, Duberry likes a beer too much, Lita too expensive in wages even if you could tempt him.

Bailey was/is a real leader in the dressing room...as (and you may well be surprised to hear this) is Hudson....and when he plays Holland....so we 'did' have leaders in the dressing room....just that the rest didn't take a lot of notice I would imagine.
  • Options
    You are only a leader if others are following you. I know it sounds trite but it's true.
  • Options
    Blind leading the blind ....?

Still a leader.

;o)