Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season ticket renewal question

If someone wanted to renew their ST but move to a lower priced seat, can they do that now, or do they have to renew their current seat and get a rebate in swap week when they make the change ?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2009
    I think they can do that as Afternoon Delight(Andy) and Neil did that last season when he moved from East to North stands
  • Options
    I emailed the ticket office with the same question yesterday just waiting for them to get back to me as I want to move fromt the East to the North.
  • Options
    I think they have to renew and then wait 'til the swap week and get a rebate.
  • Options
    slightly off topic, but I heard yesterday that swap week is potentially the 20th June onwards.

apologies if this has been mentioned.
  • Options
    I don't understand this. Surely, given there is no incentive to renew, the cost of buying a season ticket now for the first time is the same as renewing an existing season ticket. If you were to buy the seat in the cheaper area now, you won't be paying anymore than the season ticket holders seated in that area will pay to renew. Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    I did it a couple of years ago.

Renewed my West Stand Ticket.

Swapped to move in the North in Swap Week.

Club gave me £90 in cash there and then.
  • Options
    is it possible to do online though, as wish to avoid the credit card payment ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I think they have to renew and then wait 'til the swap week and get a rebate.
    Surely not - you renew early inorder to keep your current seat or to take advantage of a discount.

As there's no discount & you're moving seat, you only need to buy the "new" seat
  • Options
    Can I just say what a great help the ticket office have been!!!!

Emailed them the other day to ask the same question thats at the top of the thread and had a lady ring me today from the ticket office to say that if I want they'll renew my ticket in the new cheaper area for me there and then. Season ticket done! Simples!

Well done the ticket office!
  • Options
    I have only ever had positive experiences with the Ticket Office it has to be said, normally very nice and helpful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    must have plenty of time on their hands ,can't imagine they are rushed off their feet ;-)
  • Options
    Good point!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]must have plenty of time on their hands ,can't imagine they are rushed off their feet ;-)

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]slightly off topic, but I heard yesterday that swap week is potentially the 20th June onwards.

apologies if this has been mentioned.

Has this date yet been confirmed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]must have plenty of time on their hands ,can't imagine they are rushed off their feet ;-)

Some of them were made redundant mate......
  • Options
    Swap been was confirmed as the 20th when I gave them a call this morning on the phone, they have been rushed off there feet Saturday and this morning - early signs reckons the number of renewals are rising !
  • Options
    Sorry to be thick but if you renew online how can you claim your Valley Gold discount? It doesn't seem to be possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Noss[/cite]Sorry to be thick but if you renew online how can you claim your Valley Gold discount? It doesn't seem to be possible.

You can't do it online, you can either phone the ticket office and they can do it or do it online and claim the discount via the vg office, however they will send you the £15 in vouchers.
  • Options
    Will the prices go up after the end of march? Would cost me 290 at the mo, got a big birthday comming ma and pa said they giving me a ton, with a bit more from aunt and uncles etc will be there or there abouts but won't be able to get one till after easter. Anyone know what's gona happen?
  • Options
    I hope they extend it March has been an exspensive month so will have to wait till later to get mine. Mind you, not bothered if i don't keep my seat. The blokes behind me are starting to do my head in!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just been paid and will be buying mine on Monday along with my little girls first one, she was 3 last saturday and is desperate to come along (god knows why !)
  • Options
    I think the board have backed us again the least we can do is back them by buying season tickets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I think the board have backed us again the least we can do is back them by buying season tickets.

Good point.

I've gone for the 5 year sentence season ticket
  • Options
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPxm-ftrko
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpN_TOP9hg8&feature=related
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0wh5w9ixs&feature=related
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Noss[/cite]Sorry to be thick but if you renew online how can you claim your Valley Gold discount? It doesn't seem to be possible.[/quote]

I've just renewed and tried on-line but I'm Valley Gold and (as you say) there is no VG on-line input! - so I wrote a letter and put it in with the form asking them not to apply the £5 charge....I'll see what happens.