Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone off to Wembley this Weekend...

and what are your motives?

I am not at all interested in going to any event at the moment!

Comments

• Options
    no
    Why would Anyone
  • Options
    You will never know!
    There are some strange people on this site!
  • Options
    My wife is of to the Arena on Saturday night to watch the Here & Now Tour!
  • Options
    im going to the millwall game on sunday
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]You will never know!
    There are some strange people on this site![/quote]
    OH YES
  • Options
    No.

It seems to me akin to gatecrashing a party on your own and not knowing a soul there. Why would anybody do it?

That said I watched Gillingham back in our Selhurst days quite often so could probably justify the trip but I'm not doing it.

I know Gillingham "fans" who are going who last went when they played Wigan back in 2000 or whenever it was!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    The old man has probably mentioned to you Morts genius, but me n him are off to wemberlee. Before anyone starts, i was actually nearly a Millwall fan, was down the Old Den alot with me dad, only the intervention of Morts genius caused me tot see the light and be proper Charlton, but i still follow Millwall a bit go to the big games etc, got my tickets off of gary Alexander, should be good and what ever the outcome i am a winner i get to see either Millwall win (At least then i dont have to go the rusty toolbox in the away end, grim), Millwall lose (Laugh at all the hard looking goons upset) and still get to go wemberlee. Simples

Plus if i didn't go, my dad probably wouldn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]The old man has probably mentioned to you Morts genius, but me n him are off to wemberlee. Before anyone starts, i was actually nearly a Millwall fan, was down the Old Den alot with me dad, only the intervention of Morts genius caused me tot see the light and be proper Charlton, but i still follow Millwall a bit go to the big games etc, got my tickets off of gary Alexander, should be good and what ever the outcome i am a winner i get to see either Millwall win (At least then i dont have to go the rusty toolbox in the away end, grim), Millwall lose (Laugh at all the hard looking goons upset) and still get to go wemberlee. Simples

Plus if i didn't go, my dad probably wouldn't.

ollie no dude no that is bad real bad delete it edit it do something before it is seen
  • Options
    no.
    went to the wigan v scum windscreen wiper final (wigan end block. which was nice.

am playing cricket at tunbridge wells.
    on my return to eltham will either slope off straight home or march down to the pub to gloat like never before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite] see the light and be proper Charlton, but i still follow Millwall a bit

This does nt make sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]im going to the millwall game on sunday
    What's your excuse then?
  • Options
    there is no excuse none whats so ever unless you are in he away end cheering on the oppo i can not belive this
  • Options
    agreed-----------no excuse.
  • Options
    I'd sooner be doing the gardening....and I hate gardening with a passion
  • Options
    I'm in England at the moment but not going. I really enjoy watching this type of games. The nearest I'll get to Wembley is a traffic jam on the M1/M25 this afternoon.
  • Options
    No chance of going.

I may lump £50 on Millwall getting promoted though and then I can't lose can??
  • Options
    won't even force myself to watch on TV, gardening and then watch the Mags get relegated (hopefully). We can't win here, they lose they get to invade The Valley next year, win and they are above us in the Leagues. Horrible either way.
  • Options
    Id actually rather they invade the Championship than have them at our place...then as they get relegated next season, we get promoted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Id actually rather they invade the Championship than have them at our place...then as they get relegated next season, we get promoted

Do you think they will really turn up at our place!!
  • Options
    Yep, suddenly Shropshire is full of cars with Shrewsbury town flags on,,,,it makes you laugh, considering the average gates. I would like Shrewsbury to win, but I want my first visit to the new Wembley to be either Charlton or England. Anything else would just feel wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    might go as i once lived in Deptford , went to the market and i think i once owned a blue Pringle top------------must be pwoper Wall me.

PS those that go for whatever reason please dont come on here next week and tell me about it , truely cant understand how you could face Wembley way wih 40,000+ of thse arseholes giving "no one likes us". Let it be your dark secret. Thanks.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]might go as i once lived in Deptford , went to the market and i think i once owned a blue Pringle top------------must be pwoper Wall me.

PS those that go for whatever reason please dont come on here next week and tell me about it , truely cant understand how you could face Wembley way wih 40,000+ of thse arseholes giving "no one likes us". Let it be your dark secret. Thanks.[/quote]

yep agreed.....I have Millwall mates (yes I know..) who aren't going, of of them 'can't be bothered' !.

My father in law is Millwall and is going for the first time in about 15 years, even my missus and her sister are going with him (the shame of it)...I politely declined and have offered to stay home with the little'un
  • Options
    find it funny how millwall get 6k a few weeks a go now their getting 40 odd thousand turn up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]find it funny how millwall get 6k a few weeks a go now their getting 40 odd thousand turn up
    It's because people like you are going!
  • Options
    Because we're the biggest small club in the world!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Id actually rather they invade the Championship than have them at our place...then as they get relegated next season, we get promoted

Do you think they will really turn up at our place!!

I trust this is a joke CAFCBourne?

If not you must be too young to have experienced a game verses Millwall at the Valley.
  • Options
    Oddly enough, I asked a Millwall following mate of mine (...think of it as a sort of charity work) whether he'd got his ticket yet the other day. "Nah", he says, "we're going away the day after so got loads to do plus you get a better view on the tele anyway..."

Then he wonders why I take the rinse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]im going to the millwall game on sunday
    What's your excuse then?

I didn't really know you needed an excuse to go to a football match.

I watch loads of teams I don't support, simply because I enjoy watching football, not everyone buys into the same rivalry as you.

(No, I'm not going, would rather push rusty nails up me japs, that's my choice, just like everyone else is allowed to make theres)
  • Options
    How can you even think about standing there with them bunch of twats, and cheering them on, makes me shiver, would rather be in the Scunny end, you cant support two teams in football thats a given, but if u do, to support you local rivals is an insult
  • Options
    when these people experience being abused by these scum bags at The Valley-- when their "mates" forget their are "mates" on the day-- when the boozers are full of scum bags looking for it big time not matter if you wearing colours old ,yng it dont matter------------------then maybe they will understand.