Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

is wycombe the make or break match ?

win it and it could kick start a change in fortune..lose it and i can see our players completely losing heart...

Comments

• Couldnt give a toss about the Wycombe game.

Would rather we got a result at Boro, if that means losing to Wycombe and reality finally kicking in then so be it
  • have we moved from "must win" to "make or break" now?

i think we're already beyond repair, god it pains me to say that. went to the oak 10 mins before the end on saturday, no point in my eyes in staying as we were so inept and so lacking passion/pride i couldn't bear it.
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]win it and it could kick start a change in fortune..lose it and i can see our players completely losing heart...

A nice diversion from the EPL but not much more...win and we have a bit of respite, lose and perhaps the only good thing will be that it's a nail in the coffin of Les Reed's career as head coach with the board likely to bite the bullet on getting in a replacement sooner rather than later. Whatever happens I hope the key players avoid injury and suspensions etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    Would rather we got a result at Boro, if that means losing to Wycombe and reality finally kicking in then so be it

trouble is, while i too cabt get excited about going, it still is what should be a winnable quarter final leading to a two-leg semi and a definite place in europe if we get to the final...a win tomorrow night would give a much needed boost to players and fans alike, all suffering increasingly 'here we go again' doubts everytime we get a knock back...
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Reed played a number of reserve team players due to the amount of injuries to the first team, so if we do lose he will have an excuse and I expect he will he say that we played well for ten minutes, there is hope for the future and after all we didn't lose any points!
  • If we win, I can't see it making our season, as with a 2-legged semi against one of the big clubs, we could lose by an innings and more.
  • Got that wrong, according to BBC it is the usual squad of "players" - so that's it then. I'm not going to the match and I shan't look at teletext, Internet etc until 1030pm - it might help!
  • Agreed although cant help thinking tomorrow is a 'no win' for us.

Win and it was the expected result, and lose and well, were fooked.

Cups are a nice aside from the league when you're in a good position, I would be well up for tmrw if we were 12th in the table, this is now a distraction.

Lose tomorrow could mean the end of Reed.

Of course the reverse side of that is we beat Wycombe, then kick on and get 12 points from the next 15 possible and by the time we play Southend in the semis we will be half way up the league :)
  • You surely have to assume we are getting relegated now, so I don't see this as a distraction at all - if anything it should be the other way round now.
  • No, I wont assume anything until 5.00 on Jan 13th.

Two games against Boro will be the key for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• blimey i hadnt noticed that we were playing boro so close together.

I know its silly but IF we could win the two Boro games and beat fulham and draw with villa we could leap up the table! :-)

Tonights game should be an interesting one to watch to see both team's form. I certainly hope les and the team will be watching.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]blimey i hadnt noticed that we were playing boro so close together.

I know its silly but IF we could win the two Boro games and beat fulham and draw with villa we could leap up the table! :-)

Tonights game should be an interesting one to watch to see both team's form. I certainly hope les and the team will be watching.

I have bored myself with saying things like if we win this game or that game!

What I would say is we should now be planning primarily for relegation and ship out as may of the primadonas as possible - and to be honest I think that approach would be more likely to keep us up than more panic driven direct attempts to do so.
  • I think I agree with that SS, Walton looks OK in the CCC, lets get in a few of the better players from there. We could start with a left back and another centre midfielder and a striker, build for next season now, and as you say they might turn the season round.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]blimey i hadnt noticed that we were playing boro so close together.

after seeing some of the boro game tonight, they have more than enough to beat us twice and i can't help thinking they are saying 'it'll be ok. we've got charlton twice soon'.
  • They looked much better than Fulham in the first 20 minutes or so, have a young side a few (3/4) home grown players now - plus some other young English players, with a few big wage earners, they only have Viduka of the mercenary brigade really I can see them thinkng 6 easy points and to be honest would be suprised if they didn't get 4. They did defend poorly though.
  • They also have that midfield dynamo/striker Jason Euell
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]They looked much better than Fulham in the first 20 minutes or so, have a young side a few (3/4) home grown players now - plus some other young English players, with a few big wage earners, they only have Viduka of the mercenary brigade really I can see them thinkng 6 easy points and to be honest would be suprised if they didn't get 4. They did defend poorly though.

We looked good in the first 20 minutes of Tottenham, we looked good in the final 20 minutes against Everton.

We just need to concentrate for 90