Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

to quite on the eastern front

all this quite is doing my head in i really would like for this take over to either happen or not at least this way fans know were we stand i hear fans are waiting to renew there season ticket so they can see who is in charge if pp is still at the club then i just dont see us moving forward

so come on mr varney get this wrapped up so we can take the charge and win league one and the LDV vans trophy lol

Comments

• Options
    As I said on the renewal thread I've renewed out of loyalty and obligation misplaced or not.

After much thought I concluded that somebody who has supported the Club since 1963 should stand up and be counted at a time when the Club really needs season ticket sales with the departure of the fair weather Premiership fans some of whom hung around in the folorn hope of a free season ticket.

However I have little optimism and I will not be at all surprised to see Shelvey, Bailey, Sam and Racon or some of those, elsewhere next season.

I'm not too bothered if Parky stays. We seemed to play better under him than we did under Pardew even though results did not go in our favour much of the time.

I can understand people not renewing. My boss has decided not to for example. His attitude is simply why give the Club money I need when there will be room to pick and choose my matches? He has corporate contacts should there be a scarcity of tickets for a big match so has no real need to buy a season ticket.

I just felt I had to renew even though money is not plentiful.
  • Options
    well said Len to be honest i dont get to as many games ad id like becuase of my own commitments and i would also pick and choose games like your boss i really cant see us selling the amount that Norwich have sold 17,000 already which is fantastic

we need to keep those players to stand any chance of returning to the championship

a link to a premier side for a year or so would be good so there young decent players could get 1st team action

I agree on the premiership fan base logic look at millwall cant get over 12,000 at home but get over 34,000 to go wembley
  • Options
    Hey is this the Vets keeper?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]Hey is this the Vets keeper?

Isn't he KEITH Hayward?
  • Options
    haircut 100?
  • Options
    no i play in all the charity games for the vets your quite right

http://www.interestingstuff.biz/addicks_2.htm
  • Options
    not only is it doing my head in it is making me feel really flat. At the moment I couldn't care less if the season didn't start for another 6 months. It is all so depressing. We've known for months we are down and yet we look so unprepared. Narwich went down on the last day and since their Chief Exec has resigned, a Board member has resigned, they have had a strategic review and reappointed Gunn. And us ? Havn't even said which players we are releasing yet. So much inactivity whilst at the same time trying to sell season tickets. Glad to see they have released the Sponsorship/Corporate Prices though !! FFS is it too much to expect some positive news for a change.
  • Options
    Len
    No its Lee.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]Len
    No its Lee.

Fair enough!

The old memory must be playing tricks because I thought we had a keeper called Keith Hayward round about 1970 give or take a year or two.
  • Options
    yes we did your right keith played in a vets game a few months ago against EDF energy he only plays the odd game here and there Bob Bolder and Sash think there centre forwards now

Paul Williams still has bags of ability and Steve Gritt is in very good shape

Lee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Len Glover
    Keith Hayward played 1 game for Charlton against Bolton 14-12-68.I have a photo of this match showing Dennis Booth scoring a goal at the Heights End of the ground which he signed for me when on tour for Notts Forest.
    The old memory is not playing tricks.
  • Options
    our next game is at the training ground on the 30th May please try and pop down for the event its a big charity game for demelza house 12.30 ko

Lee
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]Len
    No its Lee.

Fair enough!

The old memory must be playing tricks because I thought we had a keeper called Keith Hayward round about 1970 give or take a year or two.

Looking at the first team picture on the link, I can't believe that's Colin Walsh ....... nor Peter Garland, who seems a lot slimmer now than when he was playing 1st team. Must have given up pies!

;o)
  • Options
    yep peter still got that right foot ping in his locker its such a proud moment to play on the same pitch as some of the legends Luciano masiello is the chariman of the vets and former players and does a fantastic job

www.addicks.biz

please come along and support the old legends at our future games

Lee
  • Options
    I think all the board and parky got 'accidently' locked in after the Norwich game and are still trying to dig their way out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I think all the board and parky got 'accidently' locked in after the Norwich game and are still trying to dig their way out.

And by the time they're let out in a few years, they'll qualify for the Vets team.

So we can 'cheer' them on, all over again ....... (!)

;o)
  • Options
    Lee Heywood.
  • Options
    Lee Heywood