Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many season tickets will we start the season with ?

What's your best guesses ?

I reckon just shy of 10k

Comments

Do we ever get told thesplit between fullprice and concessionary ST's?
  • I reckon about 8000.
  • If there is no change of manager, 6,000.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it very much depends on what happens between now and the start of the season - I imagine an awful lot of people will be waiting for developments - negative or positive - and they will have a significant bearing on numbers.

As it stands my guess would be around 7K.
  • i've seen on another forum some one reckons we've only sold 3k at the moment, obv take this lightly but i wouldn't be suprised
  • The guy I spoke to this morning said nearly 4k.

One reason for getting a season ticket is because you like where you sit. That deadline is June 1st as things stand so it wil be interesting to see how many renew in the remaining time.

My guess is 6k by then. If something dramatic happens then that could increase until August but I reckon 7k by the start of the season.
  • i still need to renew
  • trend tends to be large initial uptake, slow but steady over summer and later surge as season begins.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]trend tends to be large initial uptake, slow but steady over summer and later surge as season begins.

Not really. In most seasons there is a slow but steady stream from when they go on sale to about ten days before the seat renewal cut-off, then a flood until about three or four days after the cut-off. What happens after that depends in part on the offer, but in some previous years we've had zilch after the cut-off.

I tend to agree that there will be more late purchases this year, for a variety of reasons, but unless there are major announcements it will be pretty much clear where we are heading by June 5th.

As I've said before, the actual number depends on what you count. If you strip the numbers down to the tightest possible definition of a season ticket then the starting figure is lower than you'd probably imagine, so it's important to think in terms of like for like comparisons.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]trend tends to be large initial uptake, slow but steady over summer and later surge as season begins.

Not really. In most seasons there is a slow but steady stream from when they go on sale to about ten days before the seat renewal cut-off, then a flood until about three or four days after the cut-off. What happens after that depends in part on the offer, but in some previous years we've had zilch after the cut-off.

I tend to agree that there will be more late purchases this year, for a variety of reasons, but unless there are major announcements it will be pretty much clear where we are heading by June 5th.

As I've said before, the actual number depends on what you count. If you strip the numbers down to the tightest possible definition of a season ticket then the starting figure is lower than you'd probably imagine, so it's important to think in terms of like for like comparisons.

My definition would be season tickets that the Club receives money for rather than complimentaries.
  • Unless we have some major changes....Under 7K, more likely around 6.......takeover/decent named manager as many as 10K...or someone like Curbs as many as 12K

Too many scenarios really to make any sense of it at the moment....
  • Sponsored links:

• 12k max
  • 8574 Fact!
  • I'll start with 3. One for me and two for my lads :-)
  • 10,000 is doing very well.

as things are i would thing 8,000.

a good many will pay on the day.
  • I would guess 5162 season ticket holders, and recievership 6 weeks into the season. That is who knows, only that it will be less than last season.
  • I have not renewed, neither has my son.
    If a staff member (no names) is on £200,000 per year, and the average price of a season ticket is £300, then it would take 666 season tickets to pay that wage alone. If a member of staff is on £60,000 per year it would take 200 season tickets.
  • edited May 2009
    If we make 10,000 I would be staggered, let alone the 11-12k some of you are suggesting above.

If the figure of renewals now is around 3-4 k , I would hope we will double that and a bit more.

But frankly it will be a major achievement if we get anything over 9000...higher estimates must be based upon a cynical calcualtion that the anger loyal fans currently feel towards the board, the management and the players will dissipate by early August. There will be an element of that. But unless there are major changes over the summer, there are a lot of people who will not forgive and forget so easily.

Personally I think they are wrong. But I'm not going to denounce them as 'fairweather fans' or any other such patronising rubbish. I'm afraid that's the way it is and they are perfectly justified to feel that way...

ps: I wonder if the people predicting more than 10k are the same people who reckoned in the 'Rufus' competition that we would get more than 50 points!!!

(o;
  • about 7000 i think we will get about 15 thousand each week. saturdays anyway.
  • 8375 maybe.
  • Just the one for myself. Unless my lottery numbers come up tonight.