Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey linked with Watford

According to one of the freebie London rags.

Can't see them having the cash to be honest.

Comments

• Options
    nor could i

Not the most attractive move is it

Better off staying were he is
  • Options
    Ive heard it smells there too, nasty place, no he better stay put.
  • Options
    Watford fan journalist filling space.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Watford fan journalist filling space.[/quote]

No doubt
  • Options
    I understood it to be on a year long loan
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    There really can't be much career progression going to a run of the mill Championship side from a (hopefully) ambitious League 1 team hoping to recapture former glories.
  • Options
    got a feeling he will end up at Ipswich.
  • Options
    If he goes then I hope he goes to a side who have realistic aspirations to get in the Premier League. If he stays with us this time two season's from now he can have the same thing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I understood it to be on a year long loan

Where did that come from?

If that's not a wind up, this isn't an Amdy Faye/Marcus Bent situation with a player on huge wages. If Bailey goes we'll be selling him for a decent fee.
  • Options
    Just seen it here.

Can't see why we'd agree to loan him out.

Do find it kind of funny how he's seen as an all round midfielder "free-scoring, honest, creative all packaged up with a willingness to graft and stick his foot in."

Creative? How can he be described as creative?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just seen ithere.

A season long loan might be the best we can hope for with Bailey. We could bank anything up to 1 Mill for the year, he get's to play at a higher level and he stays on our books for when we come back up.

Ah! that last bit might just be the problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just seen ithere.

A season long loan might be the best we can hope for with Bailey. We could bank anything up to 1 Mill for the year, he get's to play at a higher level and he stays on our books for when we come back up.

Ah! that last bit might just be the problem.

Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me - better either to sell him and take the dosh (in the vain hope it can go towards keeping Jonjo) or pay the wages and keep him with a view to promotion.

Would be a very worrying sign of desperate financial times otherwise.
  • Options
    Can you imagine the uproar if they put him out on loan......Kite flying....that would do season tickets sales a power of good
  • Options
    palace are also looking!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][/url]

Creative? How can he be described as creative?

Maybe he's good at painting or does pottery in his spare time?