Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes on Sky

Going to have to eat a slice of humble pie and get Sky sports back for the cricket this summer.Thing is,sky sports 1 on it's own is about £10 more a month,fine.Adding sky sports2 and 3 + SSxtra is about £20 more a month which i don't want to pay.Does anybody know if all of the tests will be on SS1 only? cheers

Comments

• Sky do tend to move the cricket around from SS1 to SS2 etc. Not fair really but blame the ECB for putting money before anything else. I don't really blame Sky, their commitment to cricket is excellent and the coverage 2nd to none, it's just the commentators that let them down IMO. Allot and Willis are so boring. I like Gower as anchorman although I reckon Nicholas is better. Botham is becoming more like Fred Trueman everyday and Nasser just annoys me with his modern terms...."back of length"....."chase down"...."down the ground"....Drives me mad, but I'm an old fogey. Usually have TMS on radio with Sky pictures.
    I am going to 2nd Day 1st Test Cardiff, 1st and last days(if it lasts that long!) at Lords for the 2nd Test.
  • They've got Warney this year as well - he'll be good I think.
  • getting HD especially for the ashes.

although i'll be there for the first day at lords in july.
  • I'd agree with you with commitment from Sky Chripy.

In the nineties especially before cricket was fashionable and when the national team were fucking dire Sky regularly gave vital money to the ECB for TV rights for many of the tours abroad.
  • Used to drive me mad when C4 used to stop the coverage to go to the horse racing!!
  • and the Beeb for Wimbledon.
  • Atherton is quality on Sky, great commentator
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They've got Warney this year as well - he'll be good I think.[/quote]

He's been sticking his oar in ever since he retired in 2007. Anyone would think he's still playing. Latest is for him to moan that the first test is in Cardiff and not Lord's. I, for one, am happy it isn't Lord's first as I'm sick of giving our opponents a 1-0 head start!!!

His comments will be valuable just wish he'd keep his mouth shut until 8th July and the start of the series.
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They've got Warney this year as well - he'll be good I think.

He's been sticking his oar in ever since he retired in 2007. Anyone would think he's still playing. Latest is for him to moan that the first test is in Cardiff and not Lord's. I, for one, am happy it isn't Lord's first as I'm sick of giving our opponents a 1-0 head start!!!

His comments will be valuable just wish he'd keep his mouth shut until 8th July and the start of the series.

lords was always traditionally the 2nd test as far as i can remember. though i think this changed when 2 touring teams visited each summer.
  • Boycott is the best summariser for me.

As regards commentators Aggers does a fair job and I thought Chris Cowdrey was ok when he commentated a few years back but he seems to have dropped off the radar. Blowers has sadly become a caricature of himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Atherton is quality on Sky, great commentator

Very well said

I think the man can walk on water and if his back wasn't shot I would have him as el capitan and opening the batting.

The man knows his cricket
  • Atherton has improved immenssley since he first started. His writing has always been excellent but he took a while to develop his own style of spoken commentry.
    CMJ is still my favourite.