Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

P6 W1 D1 L4 F4 A13 PTS 4

that's our form since les took over, no improvement whatsoever and when you see the lift curbs gave wesh tam it makes you wonder if the board'll be big enough to admit they've made another mistake in keeping 2/3rds of the management/coaching team that got us down the bottom in the first place.... will les be man enough to admit he isn't good enough or does he REALLY think he can turn it around

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to be proved wrong but i don't believe that LR has what it takes to get us out ot trouble. I've nothing against Reed, he is a top coach but there is a world of difference between coaching and managing.

The board seem to be staggering from one bad decision to the next. They got it wrong by appointing the coaching staff before appointing the manager, they got it wrong when they sacked the manager after 12 games when it looked like things were improving, they got it wrong when they took the easy option of giving Reed the job instead of getting an experienced manager and they got it wrong when they gave him a 3 year contract despite some truly awful performances.

As I said, if LR does turn it around, I'll be more than happy to be eating the sweetest tasting humble pie ever, however I just don't see it....
  • Options
    totally agree with you BDL... nothing would taste sweeter than eating humble pie as sir les leads us to premiership safety..... but in reality we're going down without so much as a whimper
  • Options
    i think that's the tradegy of it,i could live with dowie taking us down with a fight,the players losing to better teams but showing some passion.but the reality is that we are going down with a very camp whimper.none of the side now give a toss,not really les' fault as he is a lovely bloke-charlton blah blah blah.i just think that our board,who clearly do really care,have just gone and had a complete and utter weston.

still les is aiming for 42 points!
  • Options
    you're 100% right BDL, exactly what i would of said.
  • Options
    If the players did care then you would have seen that 25% more energy being put in their game for the new manager.

OK he was already here, but the players still should have something to prove, but no.

West Ham knew they had to play well to impress the new manager.

I'll back Reed to the hilt, but eventually Pardew has to come in imo.
  • Options
    Just accept we will be in the championship next season.

If you can't then perhaps we should be looking to bring in George Graham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Just accept we will be in the championship next season.

Why ?

I'm not bothered about going down, honest i'm not. But if we do go down, i want to see some sort of fight for it, for christ sakes.

There has to be some form of public accountability. We've happily accepted too many mistakes this season without rocking the boat, and giving 100% support. Its naive to think that that will continue.
  • Options
    after the boo's at half time and extra time that were clearly ringing out on saturday, its probably not the first time this season, but the first time it was obvious that the fans patience has run out now as it was sooooo loud.

reed still clapped the north stand, and dennis and holland both clapped the whole ground. despite wishing they'd save their energy for the game rather than waste it walking round the pitch after the final whistle, people stopped boo'ing as at least they were trying to show they were grateful for the support despite the boo's.

what was the first game this season when the boo'ing started?
  • Options
    i usually hate booing and have never and will never do it myself but i can understand people for doing it at the moment.

a number of the players are a disgrace
  • Options
    I didnt boo myself, never have and never will either. I just stood there in disbelief that with 10 mins to go i turned the the geezer next to me and said "i'd have taken 1-0 before today. i don't mind losing just hate losing by a lot" then what happened!?!?!?

so sorry guys, i put a bok on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would never boo either
  • Options
    While I don't agree with the singling out of individual players. I've booed the team before and would have no problem with doing so again.

(for the record, I didn't on Saturday though, cos I wasn't there)
  • Options
    I wasn't sure there was anything to show things were improving under Dowie, so have just been to the main site to look at results this season:

1st 5 games W1 D1 L3
    2nd 5 games W2 D1 L2
    3rd 5 games W1 D0 L4
    4th 5 games W2 D2 L1

Followed by last game win at Chesterfield; obviously includes pre season.

You could say Dowie's last 6 were W3 D2 L1
  • Options
    No time for boo boys or girls!its all about taking the rough with the smooth!In my opinion the real fans will stick together,yes we are bad but i love Charlton and always will!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]No time for boo boys or girls!its all about taking the rough with the smooth!In my opinion the real fans will stick together,yes we are bad but i love Charlton and always will!

Your entitled to you're opinion but if you are suggesting that fans that boo aren't real fans then I would suggest that you are wrong.

I also love Charlton and have done for many years and If the players chosen to represent "my" team aren't putting in 100% then I have no problem with letting them know that that is not acceptable.
  • Options
    I am personally not a Boo Boy, but very rarely for me I decided enough was enough when the third goal went in & left early as wanted to get to the pub. The performance was worthy of being booed off in my opinion, it's just something that I will not do as I think it is counterproductive. If people wanna boo though it's fine by me. I think the supporters have finally run out of patience with the team.
  • Options
    iv'e got a theory here. the board spent all their money in the summer as they have often stated, and what with Dowie probable pay off (we'll never know) they (the board) couldn't afford to pay all of the backroom team Reed and Robbo to go now so hoped that they could limp to the end of the season and hedge their bets at no extra cost.
  • Options
    But Reed and Robbo can't be on loads, and they could always find them a different role at the club, in the short term...
  • Options
    and these games were when the fixture list got easier for us.