Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what i learnt yesterday.

missed my 1st home league game for many seasons. decided that i'd stay at home and watch it whilst i had a bloke come and fit a new shower.

what did i learn?
in the 1st half
the nailed on fact that we are down. dont anyone dare post that there are 60 pts still available, if thats their view, then they obviously think we are in a shout for the 4th champions league spot and therefore need sectioning. to me 60 pts available just means there's 20 games left that we will start as underdogs and probably lose.
i also realised that i don't miss the game itself.
i do miss the drinks before and after the game with 04mcs, cheeseroll and the like that i probably wouldn't see if it weren't for charlton.
how ironic is it that my decision not to renew my season ticket next year was not taken by sitting through crap, game after game, but actually by missing a game against the european champions of 2 seasons ago.
i am gonna follow morts-genius guiding light and become an occasional visitor to the valley, (he got out last year). this will allow me to pick and choose home games and free up the cash to make more away games.

oh, and in the 2nd half i learnt how to plumb in a shower.