Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnny Cash

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
Caught the documentary on BBC2 today, very good it was. Must confess to not really knowing a great deal about him before, but certainly a colourful character and it's prompted me to find out more.

They showed the video for his cover of "Hurt" which I remember blowing me away when I first saw it. I don't recall ever seeing a more moving or powerful music video than this.

Man in Black

Comments

• The recent Folsom Prison boxset is an absolute gem!

Good price too!
  • Went to see the Johnny Cash Roadshow on Saturday....would recommend it to any JC fans.
  • Went to see the Johnny Cash Roadshow on Saturday....would recommend it to any JC fans.

Sorry what's a Johnny Cash roadshow ? Like a tribute band / person
  • Mobile bank init?
  • The greatest. If you're ever in Nashville make sure you go to his museum.

Cheers for the recommendation, I've clocked that show is touring and these shows can be hit or miss. I'll go and watch this one
  • edited November 2018

Went to see the Johnny Cash Roadshow on Saturday....would recommend it to any JC fans.

Sorry what's a Johnny Cash roadshow ? Like a tribute band / person
    Yes a bit like a tribute band with a big screen behind them showing original pictures/footage of JC's life etc. It's a four piece band led by Clive John (JC) who are also joined by a young lady (portraying June Carter...JC's wife) for some of the tracks played.
  • There's a new documentary on Netflix about when he performed for Richard Nixon at the White House which is pretty good.
  • Been following this guy for some time.
    Quite a rebel who may also have consumed drugs in his spare time.
    Stick with it, his stuff is quite catchy.
    https://youtu.be/JdBhWU_21xw
  • Sponsored links:

• How can this Country fail post Brexit with icons like 'Danny' driving our youth to a brighter future.
  • Been following this guy for some time.
    Quite a rebel who may also have consumed drugs in his spare time.
    Stick with it, his stuff is quite catchy.
    https://youtu.be/JdBhWU_21xw

Genius
  • DA9DA9
    edited November 2018

Went to see the Johnny Cash Roadshow on Saturday....would recommend it to any JC fans.

Who played the lead?
    Got a couple of mates who do a cash tribute

Edit: just seen your other post