Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shelvey speculation

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Ok latest news on the Chelsea Rumour above

"A deal with Chelsea is not even a little bit close"

that is from the text sent to me from the only person i trust with regards to Jon Jo

so ladies and Gents it is just another Rumour with no foundation Tom your source must be mis informed at this point

its all rumours eh....

but if that one is tru then good.........
  • No deal is close at this time so Tom whoever is giving you this information is jumping the gun. Perhaps they are of the opinion that if chelseaa want him they'll get him!!! Well i can tell you thats not how it works. I'm not saying he wont go there stay here or go anywhere what i'm saying is that at this moment in time there is no deal close. May i add that if the deal is that he goes to a prem club and does get loaned back for two years. Then we'll have a player who give 110% everytime he plays. He cant play any other way. You would get as much from him as you would if he was not on loan. My ideal situation is like many of you's. I would like him to stay here for another couple of years but that is not in my power as mosy of this wont be in his. If the people that decide think they have recieved a good offer then the deal will be done whatever we say on here. Personally i would get him back in negotiate a 4 year deal that is to tempting for him then in two years time i would sell him for 3 time what he'll go for now. But thats just my opinion. The only thing that is fact is that at this moment in time is he is still a Charlton player. I hope that clears a few things up but probably not
  • what uncle said :-)
  • Ok Uncle, thanks for that input. I was just told that basically Chelsea are in the front running for him and he was going to Chelsea. Thanks for clearing things up a little! Although if any deal was done, I think the loan deal would be perfect for Jonjo and Charlton.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what uncle said :-)

what nla said about what uncle said. ;0)

thanks for taking the time to post that, uncle.
  • Great to hear he passed his test Uncle. Now perhaps he can be his mums taxi for a change ;-) Hope you stay Jonjo, i know you'd like to & that means alot. Whatever happens you have many a fan here for life!
  • Agree with Uncle - keep him and offer a longer contract. Don't trust Chelski to honour a loan back deal - look at what happened with Cole and Smertin - there would be Div 2 and even Prem sides queuing up to take him on loan - also £4m is an insult when compared to what the Saints got for Walcott
  • What I would like to happen is that we sell the right of first option. Say for example, Chelsea buy the right of first option at the end of his contract (forget how long it is) for an agreed price, taking into progression & market fluctuation. As an incentive for Jonjo to stay with us, he would get a rather healthy percentage, say 25%. If Chelsea take that option up at the end of the contract, then the money they paid for the option is included in the agreed price. This way, we get to keep Jonjo for the rest of his contract at the very minimum. Jonjo gets a nice little result but more importantly can concentrate on his football & development without having to deal with all these rumours, with the cherry of a move to a top four club at the end of his contract if all parties are satisfied. If the option was £1 million, then I think it would satisfy all parties. This is very common on the continent but not in England. Thoughts?
  • Looking on NewsNow, the Chelsea rumour is everywhere now. £4m is the only fee mentioned.
    Chelsea are closing in on a £4m deal for Charlton's 17-year-old forward Jonjo Shelvey, who is also being tracked by Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham. (Daily Express)
  • From what i've heard, this is starting to look increasingly likely.

And the fee (which i presume was tied into the contract he signed) is going to be a real kick in the nuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]From what i've heard, this is starting to look increasingly likely.
    Lets hope this information is as good as the Parky departure info!
  • Always expected him to go this summer. But I really think Chelsea is probably the worst place for him to go. What's their track record for developing players? Oh yeah they don't have one.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]From what i've heard, this is starting to look increasingly likely.

And the fee (which i presume was tied into the contract he signed) is going to be a real kick in the nuts.

What sort of fee are we talking then? I'm assuming it's not very much.
  • So Uncle says a deal is not close...AFKA says it is.
  • [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]Agree with Uncle - keep him and offer a longer contract. Don't trust Chelski to honour a loan back deal - look at what happened with Cole and Smertin - there would be Div 2 and even Prem sides queuing up to take him on loan - also £4m is an insult when compared to what the Saints got for Walcott
    This is very confused.

With Cole, we got a lot of compensation for not having the lazy (alleged) rapist kicking his heels for us for a year. Smertin was out of favour with Curbs. They didn't break any agreements.
  • I like the way "alleged" is inbetween lazy and rapist....
  • better if it had been allegedly..
  • Did we not get some extra money when Carlton Cole returned to Chelsea earlier than expected?
  • What exactly is a lazy rapist ?
  • One who gets naked and makes the girl do the work?
  • Sponsored links:

• seeing as he only has about 18 months left on his contract (that he not long ago signed), I'd say £4m with a 2 yr loan-back would be pretty good business to be honest.

The longer his contract runs (without him signing any extension) the less money we will get.
  • my guesstimate is prolly £2.5m-£3m
  • Sorry, I missed a comma.
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]What exactly is a lazy rapist ?
    Uses chloroform rather than old fashioned pouncing out of a bush?
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]my guesstimate is prolly £2.5m-£3m
    My gestimate is 1.5M or less. If we get a loanback I'd be doing cartwheels.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]my guesstimate is prolly £2.5m-£3m

I think it is less than that
  • Less than 2 million would be a disaster !
  • Whoever drew up a contract for him with a release clause of less than £2m deserves to be shot. Anything less than £2m is an absolute giveaway. We'd struggle to replace him for 5m.
  • It's not all bad.

£520,000 of the £2 million can be used to pay Martin Christensen's wages until 30 June 2011.

:-(
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=25289&page=1

This is what i wrote on April 14th:

Can see real problems arising with this during the summer.

Lots of talk already in the £5m category. There is no doubt in my mind he will develop into a player worth that valuation.

However, it was imperative at that stage during the season that we got Shelvey to sign. We all know full well he could have chased the dollar and simply walked into a prem team's reserves and doubled / tripled his salary. The fact he stayed is admirable of his character.

However, he was pretty much holding all the cards, and any agent worth his salt would have realised that. I'm convinced there is a bid trigger in his contract, and it will be a lot lower than the £5m people are speculating he is worth.

I have a fear its probably half that, maybe even less.

• [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]seeing as he only has about 18 months left on his contract (that he not long ago signed), I'd say £4m with a 2 yr loan-back would be pretty good business to be honest.

The longer his contract runs (without him signing any extension) the less money we will get.

Not really important, but he has 2 years left on his contract. Signed 2 1/2 year deal in February, by that they mean 2 1/2 seasons.

I'd be very happy with £4m and a 2 year loan considering we are now a League One side, worrying it'll be a lot less than that though.

In comparison to Walcott I'd like to think we could get a lot more, but I can't see that happening unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!